Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Blacklist Black List Thread – Work In Progress, Help Needed

Blacklist.png

* Dates are from CO date or BK filing

**Dates are earliest reported back in with creditor - as with anything credit related YMMV

In order to keep the format I had to make it a picture, so you won't be able to edit directly in the table. If you have new data points to add, post them and I will do my best to keep the table up to date.

@VintageWillow or anyone

So...Avoiding US Bank black list is just freezing the above two CRAs and no negatives from US Bank?

I have answer to US Bank blacklist question now. I had two charge offs with them (back in 2001). They don't show on any of my reports now. I took up on their Summer Banking bonus promotion for $150 for checking + $50 for credit card. I went in to a local branch today and the experience could not have been any better. I opened a checking account and was also approved for $1500 Cash+ Visa Signature card.

I don' t think they maintain a blacklist unless I have fallen off the list. I also froze my SageStream, ARS, and Innovis reports before applying. But, I don't think it would have mattered even if I didn't freeze them as I don't have any COs, or public records. I have very thin files with just personal information and a few inquiries on these CRAs' reports.

I think people are confusing what a blacklist is. If a creditor denies because of negative account of them (or other creditors) on reports, that is not blacklisting.

Edited by credit_help

I app'd Barclay's Apple card the other day hoping I would be approved since my scores were now near 700, but I am definitely still blacklisted with them. I burned them on three accounts in 2010, all are off of my reports now though and I ended up paying Midland the CO amount. They didn't even pull my report, they sent a letter stating I was denied due to previous negative accounts with them.

Try for a recon, sometimes it works.

Blacklist.png* Dates are from CO date or BK filing**Dates are earliest reported back in with creditor - as with anything credit related YMMV In order to keep the format I had to make it a picture, so you won't be able to edit directly in the table. If you have new data points to add, post them and I will do my best to keep the table up to date.

@VintageWillow or anyoneSo...Avoiding US Bank black list is just freezing the above two CRAs and no negatives from US Bank?

I have answer to US Bank blacklist question now. I had two charge offs with them (back in 2001). They don't show on any of my reports now. I took up on their Summer Banking bonus promotion for $150 for checking + $50 for credit card. I went in to a local branch today and the experience could not have been any better. I opened a checking account and was also approved for $1500 Cash+ Visa Signature card.

I don' t think they maintain a blacklist unless I have fallen off the list. I also froze my SageStream, ARS, and Innovis reports before applying. But, I don't think it would have mattered even if I didn't freeze them as I don't have any COs, or public records. I have very thin files with just personal information and a few inquiries on these CRAs' reports.

I think people are confusing what a blacklist is. If a creditor denies because of negative account of them (or other creditors) on reports, that is not blacklisting.

If a creditor denies you because you have caused them a financial loss that is precisely what a blacklist is.

In the interest of trying to be constructive here (and maybe learning something in the process)... Please explain.

Yup.

If AmEx, for example, tells you to FOAD because you caused them a financial loss in the past, that is precisely a blacklist.

I think credit_help is confused.

Blacklist.png

**Dates are earliest reported back in with creditor - as with anything credit related YMMV

In order to keep the format I had to make it a picture, so you won't be able to edit directly in the table. If you have new data points to add, post them and I will do my best to keep the table up to date.

@VintageWillow or anyone

So...Avoiding US Bank black list is just freezing the above two CRAs and no negatives from US Bank?

I had a student credit card and checking account charge off with them in 2005/2006. Last April I applied for the Cash+. Denied. Called in for recon. Was immediately notified of the existence of the CC account that was charged off with a balance. Explicit reason for denial. I will try again this coming year with the small time CRA's frozen and see if it makes a difference.

Blacklist.png

@VintageWillow or anyone

I had a student credit card and checking account charge off with them in 2005/2006. Last April I applied for the Cash+. Denied. Called in for recon. Was immediately notified of the existence of the CC account that was charged off with a balance. Explicit reason for denial. I will try again this coming year with the small time CRA's frozen and see if it makes a difference.
Did COs not fall off your reports yet? Get your reports from Innovis, ARS, and SageStream if they have anything negative on them.

I was at 10 years. They were long gone from the major CRA's.

I'll probably just freeze the minors before trying again.

Does AMEX blacklist if you didn't burn them? AMEX wasn't included in my now 6 year old BK since I didn't owe them any money (0 balance at the time, they just immediately canceled my Blue Cash card).

Does AMEX blacklist if you didn't burn them? AMEX wasn't included in my now 6 year old BK since I didn't owe them any money (0 balance at the time, they just immediately canceled my Blue Cash card).

Research seems to lead to "no". Only if there was monetary loss to Amex would they blacklist. They still could deny based on BK showing. Since Amex caught wind of your BK showing vis-a-vis the cancellation of your Blue Cash card, Amex might have an internal record of your BK and deny even though you possibly could have done the process of scrubbing your CRAs

As data point for Discover.

I had my bk7 d/c in mid 2011. Burned them for about 8k. Applied for Discover it in August - instant approval 5.5k. Ex Fico 703 at that time.

bk7 still reporting on all three.

Edited by ftpwatcher

Hello,

Bk13 may 2009. Dofd dec 2008 citi. Two cards over 25 k.

Just got citi. Costco 10.5 limit.

804 score per CreditCheckTotal

So 8 yrs post DOFD. 7 yrs7mo post bk13. Did not try sooner than this. Really wanted the rewards of the costco card. ( I love shopping at Costco)

Approved for AMEX platinum Delta card

Approved for Gold rewards card

Almost 6 YEARS post BK7 discharge

Had a Amex card that was charged off in 1991 but i included in my BK7 because i was still getting letters from Amex

So Amex was kinda included in my BK

Might need to change Chase's blacklist criteria a bit. DW applied for the Amazon Prime Visa Card. She was denied - her Skore ("Card Acquisition Risk Score") on the denial letter was 857/900 with a TU pull. Denial reason was "Delinquency or other prior derogatory relationship with our bank"

She CO'd then settled for less than full on a $1200 card in 8/2009, DOFD 9/2009, DOLP 2/2010. Account has since fallen off her TU, so this is coming from internal records and not TU.

Might need to change Chase's blacklist criteria a bit. DW applied for the Amazon Prime Visa Card. She was denied - her Skore ("Card Acquisition Risk Score") on the denial letter was 857/900 with a TU pull. Denial reason was "Delinquency or other prior derogatory relationship with our bank"

She CO'd then settled for less than full on a $1200 card in 8/2009, DOFD 9/2009, DOLP 2/2010. Account has since fallen off her TU, so this is coming from internal records and not TU.

Did she or is she going to call and request a recon.

Probably not.

Probably not.

She should recon. I bet they would approve her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably not.

She should recon. I bet they would approve her.

Likely. But I can't sit there like an salamander and try to pantomime to her what she needs to tell Chase.

DW applied for the Barclay Cash Forward card - Declined with no hard pull. Reason given was previous account CO, BK, or DQ

She had a Barclays card that CO in September 2010 that no longer appears on any of her CRs

Any updates on USAA IIB blacklist? It's been over 8 years. Clean report except for BK 7 still showing until 2019

Thoughts on Barclay's blacklist???

I applied for a card and got the "you had a previous card that was charged off" line. I called the number on the letter and they said I had a card from 2007 charged off for $1K. In 2007 hey I suppose it was possible, but I'm not 100% sure.

I asked for more info and they told me that I had to call the collection agency (JDB, I assume) and they would contact Barclay's for additional info. I have no intention of doing any such thing, so I asked her why they couldn't just give me the info and she replied "Because it's charged off".

I asked for a contact to discuss this further and she gave me the general customer service number.

It's not a card that a need but at this point I want to see if I can get a recon. Is there an address/contact for this, or should I just let it go? I don't need a JDB all of a sudden re-awakening and popping up on my CR.

Any updates on USAA IIB blacklist? It's been over 8 years. Clean report except for BK 7 still showing until 2019

I think they are slowly loosing up the reigns. I IIB USAA in March and even before discharge the allowed me back full access to my savings account and I just opened up a new checking account with them. Not sure about their credit policies yet though, hesitant to apply for anything for a while.

Thoughts on Barclay's blacklist???

I applied for a card and got the "you had a previous card that was charged off" line. I called the number on the letter and they said I had a card from 2007 charged off for $1K. In 2007 hey I suppose it was possible, but I'm not 100% sure.

I asked for more info and they told me that I had to call the collection agency (JDB, I assume) and they would contact Barclay's for additional info. I have no intention of doing any such thing, so I asked her why they couldn't just give me the info and she replied "Because it's charged off".

I asked for a contact to discuss this further and she gave me the general customer service number.

It's not a card that a need but at this point I want to see if I can get a recon. Is there an address/contact for this, or should I just let it go? I don't need a JDB all of a sudden re-awakening and popping up on my CR.

If yours was C/O'd at 2007 then mine from 2009-2010 is still screwed lol. I heard it can be 10 years or longer; some get in quick but I know they don't BL forever but seems like a long time. NFCU of course is a different story. Once you get BL'd and the debt is never paid back you're BL'd for life.