The Master Blacklist Black List Thread – Work In Progress, Help Needed

BobWang

American Express = 2<x<= 6 yrs settled CO, 10 yrs (2 yrs if due to "Too many applications within a 12 month period")

BofA = 7-9.5 yrs

Barclays = 2 - 7 yrs

Capital One = 12 mths (CO) or > 9 yrs

Chase = 5.5-9.5 yrs [Workaround: Use the pre-qualify link and make sure no negs on CRA from the same bank.]

Citi = 3 yrs (Retail), 7 yrs (CO, YMMV), 10-18 yrs (IIB)

Credit One
Discover = 5 yrs (YMMV)

CFNA/Firestone = > 8 yrs

Forum CU = forever

GECRB = 20 months

HSBC = >20 yrs (7 yrs for Cap One)

Macy's = Forever

NFCU = (FOREVER)

Nordstrom: Does not appear to blacklist if you BK them and your report is a clean of a nordstrom neg.

Target Red Card (TD Bank) = 3-7 yrs

TransUnion = "Forever" for too many daily pulls (Actually 1-2 years usually)

USAA = >17 yrs

USBank [Workaround: Freeze ARS and make sure no negs on CRA from the same bank.]

Wells Fargo => 12 yrs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

April 2009 chargeoff with Bank of A, got approved in Dec 2015 for $10K Visa and $5K Fidelity

April 2009 chargeoff with Chase, asked for an unfreeze of EX, did not comply but they did not say BL (EQ was 747 and Chase C/O only on EX)

April 2009 chargeoff with Cap One, denied for venture using TU pull with 747 score...settled with Portfolio, not on report

Citi, 2009 payment agreement, then Chargeoff, denied... they are on none of my reports due to illegal interest on my account so they ducked and ran.

sold to a JDB, settled with them, both not reporting

Just my experience. was just too chickenshit to let Chase peruse the EX... hoped to get through credit match which put me with CSP ...got to second round... don't know how BL works with the credit match, would like to know if anyone else knows?

CV got back in with Citi 7 years after a CO.

Anyone else?

7 yrs after DOFD or CO date?

I burned Citi for $8000.

Think they'll take me back?

199x Citi ($ ?k) ---> 08/2008 DOFD - CO ($1220)

1989 Citi ($15k) ---> 12/2007 closed - settled for less ($6k on $13k), 120-late (not CO)

Neither is showing on my reports.

I burned Citi and Chase for about that much back in the 1990's. I'm back in with both.

CO or BK?

How many years before you got back in?

Did you have to recon?

Did the UW ask about the bad history with them?

Edited by tweak691

CO - I never BK'd.

Citi - when the last Citi CO fell off the CRAs was about 2005, I waited a while to cover my tracks (old school B*) then got back in with Citi in 12/2006

Chase - Went in through the side window with them. Around 2003-2004 they denied me for anything - even a bank account due to "past financial performance". Got in with Providian in June 2005 which was acquired by WaMu, and then when the Government performed the shotgun marriage between WaMu and Chase I got back in with Chase, albeit they slashed my CL $3K to $500 and there it stays. I apped for the Amtrak Rewards card in January 2015 and got a $23K line.

Trifecta!

All I need is back in with Chase, and I can move past this.

And five weeks later, I'm back in! No longer on any blacklists! 9 years, 7 1/2 months

Congrats!

What card did you get and did you have to recon.

Trifecta!

All I need is back in with Chase, and I can move past this.

And five weeks later, I'm back in! No longer on any blacklists! 9 years, 7 1/2 months

Congrats!

What card did you get and did you have to recon.

Freedom via a preapproval, and yes I did- and be verified as well.

After about 8 years, back in with Chase!!!! Approved for Chase Freedom for $5,500! Didn't have a pre-approval -- I just applied and got the 7-10 day notice. This afternoon I received an email about the approval. Called and found out the CL! :)

I have only had luck getting back in with capital one after a bunch of bad history with them. Two hsbc cards turned Capone still in collections about two years old and a Capone auto loan car repoed about one year old now. Got a first secured card 5 months after repo min deposit $200 opening then they raised it to $500 at about 6 months. Then just got approved again this month for a better one. Not sure why they don't hate me.

My only other one is chace I am paying that on off but it is closed and other then some lates should end in good standing. They were the only one willing to work with me on payments. Haven't tried applying again was going to wait tell all paid off.

After about 8 years, back in with Chase!!!! Approved for Chase Freedom for $5,500! Didn't have a pre-approval -- I just applied and got the 7-10 day notice. This afternoon I received an email about the approval. Called and found out the CL! :)

Congrats!

How much did you burn them for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I ran into trouble in mid 2007 and had C/O with my credit cards. No BK. Everything is now gone from my reports and we just got a mortgage late last year. I decided to try my luck with the companies that i have every reason to believe I'm BL'd by. Data points below:

Citibank:

2 C/O . I've been getting pre-approved letters from them every few days. Also have offers on pre-selector site. Submitted first app for double cash and got a error message. Applied again and got a flat out "no."

BofA:

1 BofA CO and 1 MBNA CO. Just got an auto approval for Fidelity AMEX with $15k limit. No BofA offers. Applied for the Cash card. Got the "we'll review and let you know" message.

Chase:

2 WAMU CO. No offers. My primary bank for a very long time. Applied for Freedom. Got the 7-10 day message.

I'm assuming I'm batting zero but will update if I got anything.