Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master Blacklist Black List Thread – Work In Progress, Help Needed

Dredging up an old thread.

Think there's a backdoor in to Cap1. I currently have an unpaid CO with them. Was added as an AU to wife's quicksilver a few months back. Applied yesterday and was approved for a 300 CL with FICO's in the 550-580 range.

I do have a clean mortgage and two clean auto loans though.

Interesting, we need more GPs. :D

GP for Cap One or Amex?

Cap One BL

I can tell you in my experience, they do not blacklist. I have 3 cards with them after bk. Four if you count Kohl's.

GP for Cap One or Amex?

Cap One BL

I can tell you in my experience, they do not blacklist. I have 3 cards with them after bk. Four if you count Kohl's.

They do blacklist.

Have seen the denial for "Previous Experience w/ CapOne" many times and not even one hard pull.

GP for Cap One or Amex?

Cap One BL

They do blacklist.

Have seen the denial for "Previous Experience w/ CapOne" many times and not even one hard pull.

Was it CO or BK and how long ago?

GP for Cap One or Amex?

Cap One BL

They do blacklist.

Was it CO or BK and how long ago?

They called it a CO. 20+ years ago.

In fact it was ID theft, but they wouldn't accept it until they got sued. Now they've found religion and no more problems.

Edited by PotO

I wonder if they put you on some kind of BL due to being sued? (through no fault of your own)

Blacklist was in effect for at least ten years before finally suing them.

I guess it is definitely a YMMV thing. I have seen others that are denied as well but seems like most are eventually let back in. Just my observation not based on any scientific fact.

From what I've read, Cap1 blacklists but only for relatively short duration.

AmEx has a long memory.

From what I've read, Cap1 blacklists but only for relatively short duration.

AmEx has a long memory.

Yeah, Cap One's 10+ years is relatively short compared to AmEx's 25+.

Maybe it depends on the amount, the totality of the circumstances or, perhaps, even your Zodiac.

Other offenders are HSBC and Bank of America.

But once LARTed, they are as nice as apple pie. :)

2. Transunion (TruCredit) Blacklist since 2006 - Spoke to a manager yesterday about this. Asked when I will be elligible to use their service again. Response: Never.

- was told, once you are on Transunion Blacklist for "suspicious" activity (too many daily pulls) you are never removed from the list. hahaha! Screw you TU!

This isn't true Rod. I was on the same list in 2008 (IIRC), when they stopped allowing daily pulls and started blocking accounts. I was unable to use TC or sign up for any TU based puller, and couldn't dispute online, as every time I tried to access my account I was told it was blocked. Called TU and escalated to supervisors and was told no one could remove the block. Finally, I wrote a letter to the CEO of TU (it was in Chicago I believe). Basically outlined that I want to be able to access my report/dispute online and that my account was blocked unfairly because I played within the rules (the site said I could pull daily and was, how is that fraudulent?), and I found it impossible to believe no one in the entire company could remove the block as I was told by their reps. Anyway about a week after sending the letter I got a call from someone in his office and I explained the situation to her. She said she would look into it and get back to me. A couple of days later she called and said block is removed, you're all set. So, I would try that route if you are getting nowhere.

Thanks SoxFan! I thought as much. I'm still getting B* on TU thanks to SC so I didn't want to push the case with Transunion until I'm done B*ing.

I appreciate the support. I may try to push the case and write a letter first of next year. I don't think they really have much of a case if you read their T&C's.

This is why I'm not able to use the online services. LOL! Lame. I wonder how inconveinced I'll actually be by this. It almost doesn't matter does it...

Bump to keep this thread active and to seek updated information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmmm. That is odd. Although you imply that Amex never really lost any money on this close relative. So could it simply be that Amex cleaned up their records?

Yeah. They never lost any money. But they think they did.

First time was when they bought a new IBM PC XT. Paid merchant with AmEx, got statement and promptly paid AmEx. AmEx turns around and says they never got check. Bank says they did and produces their cleared check to show they did get it and cash it. Up until approved for their card during AmEx's CFPB problems they were trying to collect on it.

Second time was ID theft committed by a relative -- a lawyer. Large sum of money and many different banks. AmEx still tried to collect. Finally cousin gets indicted and makes 100% restitution to escape prosecution. They were still trying to collect that money up until the CFPB problems.

Maybe you are right and they finally realized they were wrong. Maybe not. I'm thinking they were warned to about their lifelong blacklisting.

Wasn't too long ago here on CB a lot of folks who were blacklisted started getting approved by AmEx.

Wow poor cousin what happened with the indictment? Was it the DOJ? Scary. From what I hear it's quite hard to get an AUSA to retract a grand jury true bill. Not that they lack the power but they did have testimony under oath (in secret) before the GJ. This is not something they enjoy. Maybe if was state though. Hopefully it all worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. That is odd. Although you imply that Amex never really lost any money on this close relative. So could it simply be that Amex cleaned up their records?

Yeah. They never lost any money. But they think they did.

First time was when they bought a new IBM PC XT. Paid merchant with AmEx, got statement and promptly paid AmEx. AmEx turns around and says they never got check. Bank says they did and produces their cleared check to show they did get it and cash it. Up until approved for their card during AmEx's CFPB problems they were trying to collect on it.

Second time was ID theft committed by a relative -- a lawyer. Large sum of money and many different banks. AmEx still tried to collect. Finally cousin gets indicted and makes 100% restitution to escape prosecution. They were still trying to collect that money up until the CFPB problems.

Maybe you are right and they finally realized they were wrong. Maybe not. I'm thinking they were warned to about their lifelong blacklisting.

Wasn't too long ago here on CB a lot of folks who were blacklisted started getting approved by AmEx.

Wow poor cousin what happened with the indictment? Was it the DOJ? Scary. From what I hear it's quite hard to get an AUSA to retract a grand jury true bill. Not that they lack the power but they did have testimony under oath (in secret) before the GJ. This is not something they enjoy. Maybe if was state though. Hopefully it all worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was state. Fortunately.

I think there were a number of factors why they were willing to let him off the hook. Probably the most important was that they we're going to recover 100% for the victims. Second was likely that they didn't see the ID theft victim as a strong witness. Yeah, I wasn't going to go out of my way to throw my cousin under the bus no matter what. Finally was the fact that his dad was a state court judge. Even if it had gone to trial, there was 0% chance of jail time.

In the end he made complete lump sum restitution and walked.

For me, it also worked out well. I still, though, had to fight B of A, Cap One and AmEx on and off. Finally I got pissed enough about being on their blacklists that I forced them to find religion. Now we are best friends.

Looking for Transunion pullers for Citibank, Bank of America and US Bank. What is the name of the card you applied for.

I did look in the credit pulls database but not everyone posts in there. I don't have a BK on my TU report and I get the highest approvals on there.