Happy Hour! Can I get 2 Chase Cards with 1 HP?

Redskin547

The last post in this topic was posted 4002 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ive been wanting to app for two Chase cards soon. The CSP and Marriott Rewards Premier. I want them both for the great sign ups but was wondering if anyone has tried applying for 2 Chase cards in the same day, would they use the same hard pull? Sure would love to get a 2 for 1.

I went on their site and put my info in their soft pull card qualifier and was eligible for 3 cards. CSP, Freedom and Chase Slate. I really want the $500. worth of sign ups for the CSP but not crazy about the AF. And I like the free nights(50k points) the Marriott Rewards offers, looks good with a chip and I hear its metal too.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful, I append for Marriott and was instantly approved, but the pulled EX and TU. so you still may end up with 2 pulls. My scores are EX 779, TU 752 so not really marginal to warrant a double pull.

Thank for the good info, didn't really think they would pull 2, maybe I will take CTSOX Fan's idea and freeze two and see if they will approve with only 1 HP. Mine are all about the same so I guess I should leave the one that has the least inquiries on it unfrozen. I am surprised with your scores that they pulled twice. I guess as with any lender YMMV.

Edited by Redskin547

Chase has been pulling EX and EQ for new apps pretty consistently. They've done it for me and my wife in the last 6 months and others here have said the same thing. If anybody has opened a chase card with only 1 EQ or EX pull, I haven't seen word of it.

I went on their site and put my info in their soft pull card qualifier and was eligible for 3 cards.

Where did you find the soft pull pre qualifier? I haven't been able to find it on their site?

Thanks Alexa, Lord Athens try this link https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/redes/index.php/chase_app/psonmarketplace.pl?jp_ltg=leftnav&OVERRIDE_CELL=0XS&OVERRIDE_CHANNEL=6&split=2

Edited by Redskin547

I had soft pulls from Chase and pre-qualified letters coming weekly in the mail, but on their pre-approved website it had nothing waiting for me.

I went back to the Marriott website, clicked the link for the Marriott Sig Visa, and was instantly approved for $7K.

Now if only I could get Cap1 to give me more then $1500 on one card and $1000 on another I wouldn't feel the strong desire to cancel them!

I had soft pulls from Chase and pre-qualified letters coming weekly in the mail, but on their pre-approved website it had nothing waiting for me.

I went back to the Marriott website, clicked the link for the Marriott Sig Visa, and was instantly approved for $7K.

Now if only I could get Cap1 to give me more then $1500 on one card and $1000 on another I wouldn't feel the strong desire to cancel them!

Did you contact their Executive Offices?

Steve I don't think those soft pull sites are always that accurate. Like you with Chase I was receiving Crap 1 Venture mail offers and then I tried their soft pull site and it found no offers available at this time. I think YMMV alot with those.

Congrats on the 7K starting limit. I am getting itchy to pull the trigger for that card soon. I think I am going to app for CSP same day and see if they will use the same pull or pulls (2) as some members have said they sometimes do. I have been trying hard not to app for anything since last Sept.

i got both the freedom and CSP in november of last year, a week apart, both on recon, with only one pull. i did the freedom first, they denied because i had just opened the mileageplus explorer a few months earlier. asked why i wanted the card, i said because i wanted to take advantage of freedom exclusives or something...i forget exactly what reason i gave. they approved for $5k.

a week later, i went for the CSP - denied again becasue of accounts just recently opened with them. called recon, they asked why i wanted the card...i said to keep personal/travel expenses separate and for the no foreign transaction fee (this wouldn't work anymore since they dropped foreign TX fees on the MPE). came back a few minutes later, approved for $5k. no second hard pull.

The last post in this topic was posted 4002 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.