Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Are Credit Sesame pre-qual offers legitimate...

The last post in this topic was posted 2717 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

...or just some kind of affiliate business for them? I have a couple showing - one I can verify from the card issuers own pre-qual site but the other doesn't appear to have a pre-qual site.

I am inclined to believe that everything on that site is a joke. Even with two COs showing I had a fake credit score of 720 and "Excellent" credit.

With that said, I don't really see anything labeled as a "pre-qualified" offer. I see plenty of "offers", but so what?

... And with that you are witnessing what just might be the most nondescript 1,000th post in CB history...

I am inclined to believe that everything on that site is a joke. Even with two COs showing I had a fake credit score of 720 and "Excellent" credit.

With that said, I don't really see anything labeled as a "pre-qualified" offer. I see plenty of "offers", but so what?

... And with that you are witnessing what just might be the most nondescript 1,000th post in CB history...

+ 1

I did see something like "you are qualified for ... " but unless I missed something it didn't say "pre qualified." Even if it did, I't take it with several grains of salt.

+ 1

I did see something like "you are qualified for ... " but unless I missed something it didn't say "pre qualified." Even if it did, I't take it with several grains of salt.

And pepper. :P

Sure but here's the twist -

Presented with 'pre-qual offer' for Barclays Rewards on CS.

OK, I'll bite.

Approved - $500 CL

Small, but I am very happy to be in with Barclays.

Sure but here's the twist -

Presented with 'pre-qual offer' for Barclays Rewards on CS.

OK, I'll bite.

Approved - $500 CL

Small, but I am very happy to be in with Barclays.

That's actually one of the two showing available to me. Congrats.

Capital One is showing for my fiancee..... Elsaddiq did you pull the trigger?... Im trying to find a pattern of whether or not they are legit...

No. I was scared to risk an HP for what I think may just be affiliate marketing. My Ficos are between 640 and 683, my DTI ratio extremely low, I opted in about 3 months ago, and I NEVER get pre-qual offers by mail or otherwise. Therefore, I assume the offers aren't based on anything real.

They are NOT TRUE pre-qualified offers in the sense that the Card Holder has Pre-qualified you. They are just offers that Credit Sesame thinks you should get. Of course they have an incentive for you to "Take" these offers since I'm sure they get a piece of the action if you bite on them.

But NO they are not real Pre-qualified offers.

The last post in this topic was posted 2717 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By blueskies
      When you apply at 2-3 different mortgage companies those count as 1 pull, correct? Is it better to talk with the person or just fill out the form online? How long will the quote be good for? What are the important questions to ask? This is our second home, its been a while since we did this. I assume once they pull our scores they will tell us what we are approved for. Thanks for the input.
    • By MistralsDaughter
      Hello CB members -
      New girl here. I have been reading and I appreciate all the good advice I see here. There are a lot of experts here. :-)

I would like to start earning points to travel on my own and I have read that Chase is a good place to start.

I checked my pre-qualifications on the Chase website and it returned the following results -
      Marriott Rewards Premier Signature Visa
      United MileagePlus Explorer Card
      Sapphire Preferred (but I already have one)
      Slate
      Freedom

Which should I apply for? I know some here have had good results from applying for multiple cards on the same day. If I choose to do that, is there a sequence I should follow? I have also read that its necessary to freeze Experian. If I do that, will some offers disappear?

Background -
      I have 4 credit cards of my own.
      Chase Sapphire Preferred from 07/2013 with a credit limit of 12k
      Tiffany's store charge from 05/2012 with no set limit.
      Victoria's Secret from 01/2012 with a credit limit of 2900.
      Sak's Fifth Ave store card from 2011 with a credit limit of 8500.

I have been an authorized user on my parents American Express (credit limit unknown) since I turned 16. Date on card is 1976.

I have 1 inquiry on all three major credit bureaus.

Thanks in advance.

• By squisharella
      Hey you guys! I thought i'd pass this information along that i got for Canadians who haven't heard. It's calledhttp://greatcanadianrebates.ca and if you buy a wide variety of things on popular sites anyway, for example: Ebay,amazon,trips,sears, etc then they give you cash back rebates for using their link that they get a commision on. Why i decided to share with my fellow Canadians who haven't heard of it here, is because they have really awesome cash back deals if you sign up for certain credit cards! MY boyfriend is looking at applying for the Cap1 aspire travel world MC and right now they have a $75 cash back on it. It's free to sign up too, and they actually give you 2$ in your account. You can either get paid monthly by amazon gift card,pay pal or wait for a big cheque. If you like it and sign up it asks for an email if you got referred. PM me if you want and i can give you mine.
    • By david_weaver
      Does anyone have experience with the pre-qualifiers on Chase?

I checked it out and it said I am pre-qualified for two cards, Slate and Freedom.

Obvioulsy, pre-qualified is not pre-approved, and both are sometimes meaningless anyway.

With FICOs in the 670-690 range, it appears from CreditPulls I would be toward the lower end of the approval range for both.

Had a Chase card back in the 90's which was closed in 2004 (no bad marks) and still have an AU listing from 2004 that is on reports but not updating.

All checking and savings are also with Chase.

Would it be worth going for either of these two?

What I really want is the Marriott Rewards, so would it make more sense to try for that instead?

Or do I just wait to do anything with Chase until my scores get over 700?

• By laghetto21
      I was pre-approved for a USDA loan on a new construction. what are my chances of being completely approved after turning in all the necessary paperwork?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ZSIMBA
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines