Sign in to follow this  
TeeSharice

Vacations 2013... Who is doing what & where??

Ive come to realize that my husband is just an old fuddy duddy.... doesnt want to do much ever, though he claims he does...when the time comes, he is just that..ALL TALK...

no major family vacations...though Id LOVE to go back to Tenneesee mountains again...and still havent made it to Branson, MO....

-taking the boys to Atlantic City for 2 days of the Memorial Day weekend....

-Im going to Virginia Beach for my family's reunion... only going for 2 of the 5 days of events.... his family is there, so we'llkill 2 birds in one weekend....

- Ive been informed In going to West Virginia for Labor Day... my sister and I and my nephews & my boys... sounds like peace & rest...NOT!!

and then its my girls' cruise in November.... LOADS & LOTS of FUN!! I cannot frikkn wait!!

so what say you??

We're gonna do 2 weeks in Florida this August. Probably at least one long weekend trip to TN sometime before then. Not 2013, but next Feb. another cruise. :yahoo:

We're gonna do 2 weeks in Florida this August. Probably at least one long weekend trip to TN sometime before then. Not 2013, but next Feb. another cruise. :yahoo:

Florida in August on purpose????? That's crazy talk.

This weekend, I'm taking a quick trip up to Eugene, OR, with Squirrel.

Memorial Day, we're taking a 3-day cruise with the kids to see how they like it (ultimate plan is for them to LOVE it so I can take them on longer cruises, and the H can no longer use their cruising inexperience to thwart me).

I'm considering a Yosemite/Mammoth trip in June, to coincide with a race, maybe.

I think that's it?

We thought about Florida for the older kids, but the flights were just too expensive this summer. Lame.

One week in July to PIT to BF home. Can't afford anything else as i am moving in Sept to a new apt rental.

Dream vacay is a around the world trip!

Memorial Day, we're taking a 3-day cruise with the kids to see how they like it (ultimate plan is for them to LOVE it so I can take them on longer cruises, and the H can no longer use their cruising inexperience to thwart me).

I'm considering a Yosemite/Mammoth trip in June, to coincide with a race, maybe.

I think that's it?

We thought about Florida for the older kids, but the flights were just too expensive this summer. Lame.

:clapping:Memorial Day, we're taking a 3-day cruise with the kids to see how they like it (ultimate plan is for them to LOVE it so I can take them on longer cruises, and the H can no longer use their cruising inexperience to thwart me).

As usually on the AAU Circuit with my husband the Coach and "Crip Girl" (who is healing nicely). Stops include Hampton, VA, somewhere in Jersey, Hershey park and a possible Kentucky tourney. After that, I'll be headed on a cruise as well. Sailing out of San Juan, Puerto Rico with Fam and Friends. Spending one day in San Juan to shop a bit (they have the best Coach Outlet) and then off to see the islands of St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Martin and my favorite, Barbados. This cruise is also a graduation gift to my stepson who made it through 4 years of college!! :yahoo:

I think that's it?

Heck yeah. The hotter and more humid the better. Nothing beats sitting at the beach on a hot day. We get the heat and humidity up here anyway, so might as well go somewhere nice. :good:

We're definitely doing a week in Chincoteague, VA with the kid and her two cousins. Three kids under age 8 - woohooo!!! Should be very relaxing - lol.

Other than that I'm using up most of my vacation time for two weddings (and associated bachelorette/bridal showers) in Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia. Charleston and Morgantown, WV count as vacation hot-spots, right? :mellow:

May also try to take a trip out to Cali to see the parental unit some time this year. Although she moved even FARTHER from the beach. Really, what is the point of even living in Cali if you're not within an hour's drive to the ocean? :glare:

A week in Tulsa with my mom for the Pinto Worlds horse show in early June. Horse is currently for sale, so whether we're going as participants or observers is TBD.

Wisconsin Dells for 4 days with the kids...probably in August. First real family vacation ever.

After the past 2.5 crazy years of my life, I NEED a vacation. Furthest I'll get is wherever my imagination will take me. I can barely afford day to day expenses let alone a vacation. Yeah, woe is me. Hmph. :-\

I don't travel during the Summer, but have my first round the world trip booked at the end of October for 12 days. Heading to Germany, Switzerland, Japan, S. Korea and back home again. All on mileage points in first (except for one segment in biz to join friends so we can sit together on the flight). The highlight of the trip is to see the Fall colors in Kyoto.

So looking forward to this vacation!

Going to Virginia to visit friends.. they are also an hour and a half from Dc so we'll be visiting some friends there too.. not sure when. I'm actually excited as it's my first "real" vacation in about 5-6yrs.

I went to Istanbul.

Not Constantinople?

That's nobody's business but the... oh, I can't do it.

:angel:

Nothing exciting. Maybe just a trip back home (Portland, OR) while it's 80 billion degrees in Vegas and about perfect in PDX.

Vacations are taking a sad back burner this year. Maybe a few weekends on the coast. But next year? 2014 is the year this chick sees some places. School will be done which will free up time and money so I plan to go on a few 12 day cruises including my long awaited Transatlantic.

Edited by Labyrinthine

Well, I have 5 kids, 4.5 of which still live at home, plus my Mom. That means Fats never gets a vacay. Hell, Fats didn't even get a honeymoon. Sniffle. :(

ETA: and for all ya'll that keep coming to Florida: COME PLAY BLACKJACK! Bastards!

Edited by Fataliya

VE didn't get a honeymoon either, babe. Or a 10-year-anniversary-moon. Maybe for the 15? :dntknw:

If when we ever get to FL, we will TOTALLY come play blackjack!

Edited by VibrantEcho

I think that's it?

Heck yeah. The hotter and more humid the better. Nothing beats sitting at the beach on a hot day. We get the heat and humidity up here anyway, so might as well go somewhere nice. :good:

If the humidity and heat is what you want, you will be very pleased with Florida that time of the year. I went last September and was miserable the whole time. I felt like I was carrying the sun on my back. I couldn't bear the heat and humidity, I left early. You will have a great time though with their weather promotion, all-you-can-want plus plus more - heat and humid extravaganza!

I have you all beat. I will retire on June 7th and plan on taking the whole summer off. I'm not going to let anyone bug me for any reason!

VE didn't get a honeymoon either, babe. Or a 10-year-anniversary-moon. Maybe for the 15? :dntknw:

If when we ever get to FL, we will TOTALLY come play blackjack!

YAY! I'll try and EO, and we can go out and get blitzed! *party dance*

I have you all beat. I will retire on June 7th and plan on taking the whole summer off. I'm not going to let anyone bug me for any reason!

MARTY!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

so Ive come to the conclusion that I need an adult getaway before my November girls cruise... no kids, just me and the old dude... 3 days is long enough so that we wont drive each other crazy.... I need to plan that ASAP