Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi CC: Late payment/Goodwill letter

The last post in this topic was posted 2706 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

I have a credit card account with Citi and I'd like some input/advice on how to possibly handle a goodwill letter for a late payment. The account has been open since March, 2007 and it's been in good shape except for a 4 month period in 2008. In June 2008, the account was reported to all three bureaus as "OK", but in July it was reported as "60 days past due" and then in August, September, and October of 2008, the account reported as "90 days past due". I have several questions regarding a possible goodwill request to Citi.

1) Any idea why the account never posted as "120/150/180 days past due", or do the bureaus just cap reporting at 90?

2) It's scheduled to go into positive status in May 2015. Is it even worth trying to ask Citi to goodwill these late payments?

3) What's the best way to request goodwill in this situation? Call? Email? Letter?

4) Does asking Citi to goodwill this risk them resetting the date of reporting or anything like that? I don't want to risk any negative consequences that I might be unaware of related to such a request.

5) Any other advice?

Thanks very much and I look forward to my fellow CreditBoard members' insights.

1) There is a category for 120+ day late

2) Whether it's worth it depends on you. Some of us want spotless credit reports to maximize our scores for the best credit offers.

3) I've done email, calls and letters in the past. Took multiple attempts. People tend to send letters. Search the forums.

4) No

The last post in this topic was posted 2706 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.