Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Best way

The last post in this topic was posted 2838 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have an unpaid collection for $3000.00 that is due to drop off this July. What is the best way to dispute this as obsolete? I cannot do it online, I suppose because it is unpaid. I am trying to buy a house.

Thank you all so very much,

Faccnator

Hi, faccnator, you say its going to fall off your CR this July that's about 3 months from now you cant dispute it as obsolete unless its been on your CR longer then 7 years but in this case its unpaid and its yours and will fall off in 3 month from now if it was me I'll wait my friend and stack bacon for my new home, worst case it don't fall off the you start your dispute process with CRA.

As long as the SOL on the debt is past in your state and it is within 3 months of dropping anyway I would just dispute it via US Mail, CMRR as being obsolete. The CA may send you a dunning letter but as long as it is past the SOL for the type of debt that it is you would just send them a FOAD letter.

Ken,

Thanks for the post. It is actually past the 7 year mark now, it isn't reporting correctly. However, I am not trying to dispute this. I have read elsewhere where I can write a letter to achieve this without otherwise disturbing the collection company.

Faccnator

like mentioned above just send a letter 2 all 3 CRA's. Don't make it a book just a simple This trade line is beyond the reporting time so please have it removed. Most people will say send it CMRR but that will cost you $18 and you really don't need proof that you sent it so I would just send it regular mail but thats just me. Good Luck.

The last post in this topic was posted 2838 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.