Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Caution: Target still blacklists some customers

The last post in this topic was posted 2768 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Reply to my thread on another board:

Re: Target blacklist gone?

03-23-2013

09:23 AM

"I don't think the blacklist is gone. I applied this month and received a rejection letter that stated I was denied because a Target account was not handled "satisfactorily" in the past.

Or maybe it depends on the length if time that has passed - it's only been about three years since I screwed up that account."

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Target-blacklist-gone/td-p/1987947

Edited by CTSoxFan

My s/o had $4200 charged off 7/2009 IIB 4/2010 ... approved today $500 ... maybe it's the 3 year mark?

I once had a Target card with a $500 limit, closed that one after a couple years, then got another one, $200 limit that was IIB in 2007. I applied in March and was approved for $200 after I had been declined 2 months prior because of the BK. That being said, either TD Bank or Equifax screwed something up because my Equifax report showed 2 accounts both with the same account number and open date and IIB but one said the most recent delinquency was April 2013 when my new Target card first reported, which of course tanked my score, and now it's in the process of being disputed to correct the information.

FYI: Target was IIB & discharged 11/15/12. I applied today and was approved for $200!

Fico was around EQ 638 last week. As always YMMV but hopefully this helps out regarding the blacklisting discussion.

This is not a theory I've tested, but I've read before on the boards that those who've declared BK are considered a better credit risk than those who have defaulted alone because you can't declare BK again for 8? years. It is believed that they stand a better chance not to have the account default again. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

The last post in this topic was posted 2768 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.