Sign in to follow this  
Menta33

How quickly will a penfed credit card appear on Equifax?

My DW just got a pre-approval credit card at PenFed that was applied for on 4/1/13 is now processed and showing up on her online account at PenFed as of 4/3/13. How quickly will this appear on her credit report? Does PenFed report all accounts on the same day or do they report on your statement closing date? If based on your statement close, when would the close be for an account just opened?

I don't know when PenFed first reported, but here's the timeline for me back in 2009:

Joined 2009-07-20
$50k Visa App 2009-08-04
1040s sent 2009-08-06
$30k Counter 2009-08-13
Card recv'd 2009-08-22
Stmt Close 2009-09-10
Pmt Due 2009-10-04

I don't have Penfed but I would think it depends when your statement posts my credit lines tend to post the day after i get a email that my statement is online.

I think it was about a month from when I got it. So after statement close would be my guess. My LOC and credit card close and report on different days.

Edited by Tyra

IME: EX and EQ after the first statement cut. TU after third statement cut. I don't know why there was a delay on TU.

PenFed states that this account will have a due date each month of the 9th, so I imagine the first statement will cut around April 12 and that it will appear on Equifax around April 15. Will watch to see when it shows up.

3/28 I applied and 4/1 transferred then when I updated my report yesterday Penfed is showing on Transunion only right now. So they reported pretty fast to me.

PenFed Platinum Rewards

******* 03/28/2013 TRANSFERRED 04/01/2013

So far, it appeared first on Experian on April 15, 2013 (right on target for the estimate), but not showing up yet on TU and Equ.

Showed up on TU and Equ on April 17, 2013. (Caused Equ FICO to drop from 700 to 692.)

I applied and was approved in March - still not reporting to any for me. :mellow: