Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Charge off Capital One

The last post in this topic was posted 2839 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My account with Capital One from 2007 was charged off and is expected to be removed from my credit report in August of this year. At the beginning of last year, I received a credit offer from Capital One for a secured credit card which I accepted in order to rebuild my credit. The limit started at $300 and after 6 months of on time payments was increased to $500.

I would prefer not to wait until August to get this TL removed from my credit report as I'm hoping to move before that and could really use an increase in my score. Does anyone recommend I write a goodwill letter to capital one explaining my hardship in the past and the fact I have been a responsible customer over the past year or would this restart the SOL and make things worse.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

goodwill seems like a waste of time because by the time you write it, send it, it gets read, and IF they remove it, and it will take time to get updated then you are looking at probably 6 weeks. I would do an obsolete dispute online with TU (I did this 3 times this week and they have all been removed), then I would send a letter to EQ and EX for obsolete.

Thanks for the reply. So even though I have four months left, you think it will work?

Some people have disputed obsolete items from 9 months prior to the deletion date on TU.

Edited by gca

Thanks for the reply. So even though I have four months left, you think it will work?

All of my TU obsolete disputes worked early. I believe they were all within three months of falling off.

Hi, bm12484

I no exactly what your intention our I think it says a lot about you, that capital one would give you a second chance, after a charge off. Now how do you get them to move it? well they may because they offered you another card, now all you do is make a few months of good payments, then write them telling them you thank them for giving you another shot with them your more responsible and want to build good credit with them and in the mean time since you have demonstrate good payment could they remove old account.

there is no point in getting Cap1 involved. It is going to fall off in a few months anyways. Cap1 is also known for blacklisting so isnt it possible that by pointing out that there is 1 CO and 1 active that they kill the active. Like I said previous, you should just stick with the CRA's

The last post in this topic was posted 2839 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.