Portfolio Recovery is showing Payments???

shyone44

The last post in this topic was posted 3842 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just got my credit reports and I had a $850 CO with HSBC in from 2008 (first deliq. Jan 2008). Looks like Portfolio bought the debt 12/2009. In looking at my report it shows that a $60 payment is being paid every month on the account. I have NEVER ever paid them anything at all. But on the report is shows "Recent payment $60". Doesn't the supposed payment somehow reset the debt every month? I'm also noticing that the debt rose to $922 in Jun 2012, then dropped back down to $789 in Jul 2012. This has to be a violation of some kind right??

Edit to Say: I see them doing this on a 2nd HSBC card that CO around the same time. There is a $22 payment being made every month "Recent Payment $22" :angry:

Edited by shyone44

What you don't know is that they probably tricked someone else into paying it off.

or, they are applying someone else's payments to your account,

and that poor soul is wondering why the payments are not showing on thier report.

Reset what???

Depends on your state laws - a payment may or may not reset the SOL for suing.

under the FCRA , a payment will not reset the DOFD on a charged off account.

what state are you in?

I'm in California. And after doing some digging around on the internet, looks like this is common practice for them. And even though they are showing payments being made every month, the balance is not going down at all. I have 2 accounts that Recovery has bought and they are doing the same thing to both accounts. And to note I did file a complaint with the CA Att. Gen. & with the FTC last night over the fake payments

Yes the accounts are past the 4 year SOL since last payment to OC was Jan 2008. I will be sending off disputes this Friday and I did call a consumer lawyer earlier today, but I'm still waiting on a call back.

ICANHASMUNY - How should I dispute to the CRA's? I've been reading Jack1212 dispute thread, so do you think I should pick both the trade lines apart, or is there a better way to handle these guys?

Thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...

Yes the accounts are past the 4 year SOL since last payment to OC was Jan 2008. I will be sending off disputes this Friday and I did call a consumer lawyer earlier today, but I'm still waiting on a call back.

ICANHASMUNY - How should I dispute to the CRA's? I've been reading Jack1212 dispute thread, so do you think I should pick both the trade lines apart, or is there a better way to handle these guys?

Thanks for your help!

Any update on this? Portfolio is reporting fake payments to my credit report too.

There are several threads about PRA reporting false payments, a complaint with the BBB has resulted in deletion for several people. However, I've decided to take the lawyer approach.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

There are several threads about PRA reporting false payments, a complaint with the BBB has resulted in deletion for several people. However, I've decided to take the lawyer approach.

ding, can you share what your experience has been so far? Is the only thing you've found wrong the reported payments or do you have other things you're going after them for?

The law firm sent a dispute letter CMRRR to the CRA along with a signed notorized affadavit that I have not made any payments to Portfolio Recovery regarding the account. So right now waiting to hear back from the results of the dispute. If the incorrect information is verified as reporting correctly, the law firm will sue.

The law firm sent a dispute letter CMRRR to the CRA along with a signed notorized affadavit that I have not made any payments to Portfolio Recovery regarding the account. So right now waiting to hear back from the results of the dispute. If the incorrect information is verified as reporting correctly, the law firm will sue.

Thanks. I'll probably follow that route too. Keep us updated.

Get ready to sue and go along for the LONG haul. I am in the middle of the EXACT same problem with PRA. Sent the exact same affidavit and EX came back and verified EVERYTHING (allegedly) along with the we will never investigate this again statement. This is the game that PRA plays hoping you get frustrated, give up, and just pay.

I was already forewarned by my lawyer that the attorneys that PRA uses in violations lawsuits specialize in dragging it out which is fine by me because it only adds to the fees they pay my lawyer in the end when they have to do more work.

• 2 weeks later...

The last post in this topic was posted 3842 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.