Anyone Apped the Amex Biz Simply cash as first Amex?

The last post in this topic was posted 2658 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

How many of yall have never been an Amex cardholder, but applied STRAIGHT for the Simply Cash Business card, or even post up if you applie straight for any business card?

Now that I can finally get an Amex, I dont really want/cant benefit from any of the personal cards at all.

I CAN benefit from the Simply Cash, though....

1. it wouldnt pop up on my reports as a new account!

2. would help me build my business credit too!

3. FINALLY "start the clock ticking" for my evil master Amex backdating plan muahahahahaaaa

4. NO AF

Win/Win/Win/Win

As for the rest of the cards....

1. Green: Not a big fan of AFs, especially when theres no cash back, and only 1 point per dollar/2 points on Amex travel purchases, unless you travel a LOT. Id have to spend $9500/yr just to get the $95 AF "back" in points. Unless you buy $4750/yr in travel straight from the American Express website.(never happening). Even then, you're still just BREAKING EVEN, and you have to buy from Amex with those points right? Eh, their prices cant beat places like cheaptickets.com etc can they? Im rambling....

2. BCP: 6% on groceries would be nice, *but I eat out every day, as I am always on the go, and even if I bought groceries, Id have to buy $1250 in groceries a year just to break even. Anything after that would be benefit or "profit" as I call it lol. Sure the first years free, but I've got at least a good 25-30 years left in me so I figure

*Maybe later when I have kids to feed(I dont), or have time to cook(Kitchen isnt even in existence anymore, remodeling), or something. After Im spending $200/mo at the grocery store I would definately get this card though. Im naming my first born child: "Cash Back" haha

3. Travel related cards(HHonors, AA, Starwood, etc): I did a lot of traveling already, I want to rest lol. Again *maybe later when Im "rich" lol

4. Costo: We dont have one in south Texas.

5. Blue: 2.5% isnt bad, but I already have a 5% card that gives me cash back towards a new GM car and I *ALWAYS buy GM so...yeah. 5% GM card all day.

That pretty much covers the entire lineup, since obvjously, if I wont pay $95 for a Green, I wont pay $450+ either

Im just saying, The Simply Cash is the only card I actually would 100% use and like, forever.

So I want to pull the trigger, but Im not sure on the standards, I have Pendfed $9500, a CU $7500, 1997 file start date, 5 years AAOA, 7% Util, DTI 10%-15%, high 700s across the boards....so I dont know why they WOULDNT approve me, but I am curious anyways as to what you guys may have experienced.

Edited by Mo Munny Mo Problems

Nov last year, I applied for the Simply cash seconds after applying for the the Business Platinum. Platinum was approved, simply cash denied. in the last 2 month I added 3 more AmEX credit and charge cards PRG, Mercedes Benz Credit card, BCP).

• 10 months later...

The last post in this topic was posted 2658 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BJKill
      I have been thinking about this since learning about Amex backdating and how it helps AAofA.

I have really two thoughts. One is I'm surprised that AMEX isn't pressured not to backdate new accounts since the rules say if you report (you don't have to report), you have to report accurately. I'm glad they do it, but they are kind of fudging there.

But what I really don't get is why some of their competitors don't do the same thing. That would be a huge benefit to members and would draw lots of new business and wouldn't cost a dime.

I am just surprised that AMEX seems to have a lock on this perk and is able to gain a competitive advantage over their peers.

• By funkiehouse
      AMEX Platinum Charge Card 100k MR points after $3k spend in 3 months

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold 50k MR points after $1k spend in 3 months

Apply through Cardmatch tool without initial hard pull to pre-qualify - must be opted in - may be targeted

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/?aid=e9b5845b&bid=5cf9de14a9f94cb0

More about the deal: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/01/amex-platinum-100000-point-offer-back-targeted/

• By MJPEREZ77
      Happy New Year's to all my fellow CBers:

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. I had a quick question, I have read threads on D* and in everything I got a little confused. With regards to an AU card, IF the AU had their OWN AMEX in say 1993 would they be able to use that as a D* date if added on as an AU? I know that it is said AU D* is dead, however, I kinda got turned around in my readings, I think that it is dead with regards to the MAIN CC Acct Holder having D* and the AU trying to get the SAME D* that really wasn't theirs. I am assuming that if the AU had a potential D* of 1993, that AMEX would honor it regardless of the date on the new acct, am I completely off here?

Also, if AMEX did allow it, what might the impact be on the AU's AAOA. would it truly effect it? Or since it's only an AU card does it factor differently?

As always, thanks for all your help and guidance, I have some success stories to share as soon as I get caught up with school.
    • By BJKill
      This is an academic question for me since I burned AMEX in my BK 7. That said, are people gaming carefully managing their AAOA by periodically opening and closing AMEX cards? Since you get D* for each AMEX card (open or closed), wouldn't it make sense to have as many of these reporting as possible -- open or closed? Obviously you don't want to pay a bunch of fees, but couldn't you churn the no AF products?

Maybe this has been addressed before but I have been thinking about it. If people open and close various CC accounts regularly to churn bonus miles, why not churn Amices to heavily impact your AAofA?
    • By Aahz
      Other than D* and "prestige" what advantages are there to an AMEX Charge card, when compared to top-tier Visas or MasterCards, that justify AMEX's Annual Fees?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MyraC

Important Information

Guidelines