Sign in to follow this  
supercreditman

From riches to rags in 2012. It's time for a comeback in 2013!

I applied online for a regular card, got the 30 day message, and a paper counter-offer app came in the mail. It said if I complete it and send it back in with a check for $99, they would send me the secured card. I hope they don't try to do a second EX pull to approve this cuz my EX freeze is back on now. The letter told me my EX score, so hopefully they will be satisfied with the one pull. There wasn't any place on the letter with a website address to put in a confirmation number or anything like Cap 1 does. to accept the offer online. I guess they use the letter to verify address and get an actual signature on the app.

PCM

Thanks for the info! Keep us posted if you get the card.

What would I have done differently in this first full year of credit rebuilding? There's only a million combinations of choices I could have made. I have to ponder that one for a while, but, right now I must get to work. I do know that, when you have nothing good on your report, and the word approved comes your way, you're glad, no matter what it is. There were a couple of times I lost focus and applied recklessly knowing the odds are against me, and I'd be stuck with an inquiry.

Last night went back to the auction I got the car at. Mainly looking for a cheap truck with a class 3 hitch to pull cars with a tow dolly. There was a couple of deals, but not on trucks. The other reason is so I can get familarized with current sale prices before I dive into anything. Plus, I have to get the old car NADA book before I buy anything. They should be out now, and I can go get one in a couple of days. Then, look out!!!! I am going to buy something to flip privately.

PCM

In Pa, you can sell 5 cars per year without being a dealer. I take that to mean buying them without registering them and paying tax on them. I would think that, as long as you register and pay tax on them, you can sell as many as you want.

You can do the same thing in NC but you have to register the car under your name first and pay taxes on it, buying the car from someone and leaving the title "open" waiting for someone to buy it from you is illegal. Now, I want to move to PA just to do this :)

I called BOA to check on the status of the secured card app I mailed. They say they didn't get it yet. I told them it was mailed 11 days ago. The $99 check still isn't cashed.

PCM

No CLD's or account closures, so far.

I have been using the Navy card for everything. It is close to limit. I paid off the Cap 1's and I'm going to just use them for gas once a month. Today, Navy reported the high utilization on the credit card, and my EX score dropped 2 points. It would probably have dropped more, but the US Alliance credit card was added today too. USAA put a hold on $900 of the funds I transferred from Logix to the USAA checking. I intend to pay the Navy card down the minute the hold is lifted. but the damages to the scores is done for the month. Things are on hold 'til 'b' occurs. After that, I'm going to try for the CPFCU membership and card, which pulls TU. you must be a member of Sams Club to join.

PCM

Finally, BOA called me about the secured card app. They said that the paper app I sent in was like a whole separate app unrelated to the unsecured card application I was declined for, and that this app required another EX report pull, and my EX report is frozen. I told her that I had unlocked the report for the original app, and it costs $10 each time to unlock it. She eventually offered to pull another report, and I said OK. She pulled TU and approved the secured card app. Then she asked how I am going to pay the $99. I told her that the app required a form of payment to be enclosed, and that I did enclose a check. She put me on hold and eventually came back saying they have the check and the card will arrive in 7-10 days. I'm back in with BOA!!!!

No other news except my scores are dropping like a ton of bricks with the accounts reporting old high balances including the paid off USPS holiday loan, plus the new loan that paid the balances on the other accounts off. The score will go back up once the dust settles in a month.

When BOA pulled the TU report, it must have bumped an inquiry, and 2 others came off yesterday, so, right now, I have 4 on TU. once the 3 old ones 'b', I'll hit up USPS for the credit card. And maybe Logix too, since I've paid 4 loan payments, and an additional $100 a month besides.

PCM

BOA finally cashed the $99 check to secure the new card they opened for me with a $500 limit.

The number of inquiries on my TU report dropped to one from BOA yesterday, so I applied for a $10,000 USPSFCU Visa. I probably won't get it, but maybe they will counteroffer like they did before when they approved the holiday loan, which now has a balance of $301 and the next payment isn't til 15 months from now.

I'm going to try for a couple more TU pullers soon 'til I get up to at least 6 inquiries again.

SCM, I received another CLI on my BOA card that started as the $99 partially secured.

It was another TU hard but it's up to $3,500 now at the 10 month mark.

SCM, I received another CLI on my BOA card that started as the $99 partially secured.

It was another TU hard but it's up to $3,500 now at the 10 month mark.

That is fantastic.

Rooster, that's fantastic!! Hopefully, I will have the same good fortune. Mine is reporting, but I haven't gotten the card yet. And the UNFCU card is now reporting. And my electric bill is caught up and overpaid where I have a credit. The budget is now only $120 a month for the one on the budget plan. The gas heaters definitely paid off. Now I can start paying more toward debt during the no heat season.

Sportsman's Guide Visa gave me a $300 CLI to $1800 via the 'luv' button.

USPSFCU declined my $10,000 credit card app. Delinquent past or present, repayment not established on loans with others, and credit history does not warrant an unsecured loan of this amount.

There's only 2 inquiries on my TU now, but I've been busy and haven't researched what would be the best places to apply to get the best use of the inquiries. Any ideas?

PCM

Rooster, that's fantastic!! Hopefully, I will have the same good fortune. Mine is reporting, but I haven't gotten the card yet. And the UNFCU card is now reporting. And my electric bill is caught up and overpaid where I have a credit. The budget is now only $120 a month for the one on the budget plan. The gas heaters definitely paid off. Now I can start paying more toward debt during the no heat season.

USPSFCU declined my $10,000 credit card app. Delinquent past or present, repayment not established on loans with others, and credit history does not warrant an unsecured loan of this amount.

There's only 2 inquiries on my TU now, but I've been busy and haven't researched what would be the best places to apply to get the best use of the inquiries. Any ideas?

PCM

Try some Michigan CU's I'm not sure witch ones that will deal with out of state accounts but it's a lot of TU pullers here

PCM

Try some Michigan CU's I'm not sure witch ones that will deal with out of state accounts but it's a lot of TU pullers here

Lake Michigan CU rings a bell

I hope everybody had a nice Easter. Mine was boring. I worked on my vehicles, cleaning them up and getting ready to sell.

I bought a 2010 Expedition Limited for a total of $8000. I intend to flip it for $20,000, which is cheap. It is totally loaded and has only 35,000 miles.

I also put in another app at USPS, against the advice of the rep I deal with. She said wait at least 6 months, but I figured I'll get the most out of the inquiry from the credit card app. No second one was pulled. This app is for the checking overdraft LOC.

I'm impatiently waiting for the USPS loan to report the new balance. which will help my score.

PCM

I bought a 2010 Expedition Limited for a total of $8000. I intend to flip it for $20,000, which is cheap. It is totally loaded and has only 35,000 miles.

Fantastic! Hope you get a great price on it. It will help you tremendously in terms of finances and confidence.

Fantastic! Hope you get a great price on it. It will help you tremendously in terms of finances and confidence.

SCM, Did you get that at auction or ?

I got it at a salvage auction. It was in a flood New Jersey. the water was only 8" deep into the vehicle and it looks absolutely new except for a 3" cut in the front plastic bumper that is barely noticeable. It had no power to anything cuz the fuse box is down low behind the passenger kickboard. I got a new fuse box from the Ford dealer and everything came alive. And it needed a starter, but it's running now, with a few minor electrical glitches, and looking proud and new, as good as if I had spent $46,000 for a new one.

No word on the the USPS checking LOC yet.

I got it at a salvage auction. It was in a flood New Jersey. the water was only 8" deep into the vehicle and it looks absolutely new except for a 3" cut in the front plastic bumper that is barely noticeable. It had no power to anything cuz the fuse box is down low behind the passenger kickboard. I got a new fuse box from the Ford dealer and everything came alive. And it needed a starter, but it's running now, with a few minor electrical glitches, and looking proud and new, as good as if I had spent $46,000 for a new one.

No word on the the USPS checking LOC yet.

Take it from someone who owns a salvage yard, and see's this everyday. Flood cars are hard sells at anyprice, and typically flood cars nickel and dime you to death with little electronic issues over time. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ygpm, SCM. Congrats on all the success thus far!!!

Edited by Steve_O

People that tell you to do nothing for a year or 2 are people that are either young or lazy, or both. I am getting old. I don't have the time to wait for small improvement in my credit score or to save up money. I need to take action. I did this before & I will do it again.

This is the first thing in this thread that I 100% agree with. So often people on this site say save for a year or 2 and make sure you have a safety net. What happens if you lose your job yadda yadda yadda. I could drop dead from a heart attack tomorrow or get hit by a snow plow. Maybe having a bunch of money in reserves is the ultimate goal but most of us that work a normal 9-5 for mediocre money would never own a house or a business if we just sat by and waited till we had that safety net. I like to live in the now and not in the what ifs.

I AGREE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

People that tell you to do nothing for a year or 2 are people that are either young or lazy, or both. I am getting old. I don't have the time to wait for small improvement in my credit score or to save up money. I need to take action. I did this before & I will do it again.

This is the first thing in this thread that I 100% agree with. So often people on this site say save for a year or 2 and make sure you have a safety net. What happens if you lose your job yadda yadda yadda. I could drop dead from a heart attack tomorrow or get hit by a snow plow. Maybe having a bunch of money in reserves is the ultimate goal but most of us that work a normal 9-5 for mediocre money would never own a house or a business if we just sat by and waited till we had that safety net. I like to live in the now and not in the what ifs.

I AGREE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

:stop:

Hey SCM, do you have kids? You are the Jim Bob Duggar of credit cards! You probably just took his spot as the person I look up to most, haha.

You should contact TLC or someone should contact TLC for you. I'd watch your show for SURE!!!

Edited by killercut