Sign in to follow this  
supercreditman

From riches to rags in 2012. It's time for a comeback in 2013!

As I thought, Allegacy declined me. I don't know for sure, but I bet it was the email I accidentally forwarded to them, that was also sent to State Dept. Now, I'm not so sure I got the State Dept Visa, cuz I haven't heard anything from them. I talked to Security Plus this morning, and signed their loan docs through Docusign, but I haven't got an answer from them yet either.

But, US Alliance sent me docs to sign through Docusign too, with a cover letter saying my credit score on EX was 694, and they approved me for a $3000 card.

That is the first definite that I have to show for the app spree. Oh well!!!

PCM

Congrats on the approvals. I'm curious to see how the credit union app spree pans out.

The only CU's I have now are Alliant & DCU so there's room for a few more.

Not making any major changes until I'm past 60 days with Amex though. I want that 3x increase so so bad and it would finally give me a five digit card besides Care Credit.

The status of the CU app spree....

First Commonwealh declined

Members 1st declined

State Department declined

United Nations declined

Allegacy declined

Security Plus declined

Spectrum declined

US Alliance approved $3000

PCM

Oof. Well, congrats on the one approval. :yes2:

I thought you had State Dept in the bag. If you don't mind my asking, what was the reason for the decline on SDFCU? BK? Inqs? Considering giving them a go myself.

SDFCU emailed me that they are sending a letter with the reason for decline. I asked for a counteroffer, but none. Same with Security Plus. Filled out an agreement, but was then declined.

I just wrote out a NavChek LOC check for $1000 and deposited it in a checking. Then, I wrote a check from the checking to deposit into my UNFCU savings. Then, when that's done, I'm taking them up on the offer to open a secured credit card. At least my foot will be in the door, and I'll have yet another new card on my credit report.

Slowly but surely, I will eventually get to the next level, but it ain't easy!!!!

PCM

Supercreditman:

when do you plan on not applying for any more credit and garden for a while? Also, may I ask, what is your DTI and utilization at currently? Good work so far sir.

Have you given a thought on freaking out existing card issuers with your aggressive app sprees?

2 signature loans and $3000 in card debt. I will pay down harder on it very soon once I don't have a quarter of my pay going toward propane and electricity to keep a small area of my house warm. It's been a brutally cold winter day after day, with only a couple of warm spells, with temps in the teens and for a couple weeks, below 0 daily. Right now, 3-13-14, it's 16 degrees. My goal is to have my debt cut to a quarter of what it is, or totally paid off, by the end of the year, 9 months. Unless, of course, I get fired from my job at Lowes. I am the March employee of the month, so I guess I might be safe this month.

Almost a grand went registration, insurance, and fines from last August when I was parked in my car and a police officer tapped on the window and asked to see my insurance and registration. I had an expired dealer tag with expired insurance on the car. That ended up costing $120 towing, $550 in fines, $200 to register 2 vehicles, and $450 to insure them for 6 months, and then again, another 6 months, just a couple weeks ago. And it cost me my driver's license privileges for 4 months. I just got them back today.

My balls are mashed potatoes from everybody busting them so much. No, I gave NO thought to stirring up the places I already have accounts with.

By the way, speaking of aggressive app sprees, I applied today for Discover, BOA, State Farm, and Nationwide.

Hey supercreditman,

I'm a newbie here cleaning up my credit. This thread is definitely a great read! I would never do most of what you're doing (I'm only cleaning my credit for a decent car loan and future home ownership) so I've got no need for the kind of credit you're going for. However reading about your journey here has been great! I will definitely be following this thread! Best wishes to you, and I hope things go well!

My balls are mashed potatoes from everybody busting them so much. No, I gave NO thought to stirring up the places I already have accounts with.

By the way, speaking of aggressive app sprees, I applied today for Discover, BOA, State Farm, and Nationwide.

I'm not trying to bust your balls man. I am just genuinely worried about you. (As worried as someone could get on the internet) I understand your reasoning on why you're doing what you're doing. And although I don't condone everything you're doing, I fully appreciate it because it will help out current and future credit repairers on what to do/What not to do. I mean we're all here to learn, increase our credit repair knowledge, help others, understand our credit rights, etc.

Speaking solely as someone who has helped many of my friends with credit repair (and currently helping one go through BK presently, there's a thread in the BK forum) I think you have an addiction to credit. I know what kind of credit you had prior to your bk, and I know that's your goal post bk, minus the bad part. But looking at this as an outsider, it's unhealthy what you're doing! You're doing far too much far to quickly!

You're stating you can barely make ends meet currently, saying you need your credit to get by because you can't survive paycheck to paycheck. That right there tells me you need to stop worrying about your addiction to obtaining credit, and fix the underlying problem- which has nothing to do with credit. I feel for you man, I really do. At this point in time, how many credit apps have you done since your bk?

Youre a grown man, I'm not here to educate or preach to you. But I say this because I'm genuinely worried: you need help. I'm not sure whether you need financial help, physical help, mental help, or a mix of all of it. But this "experiment" or whatever you want to call this, has gone on long enough. The moment you realize that credit shouldn't be running your life (in which your case it does), the sooner you would realize your life is what she be running your credit. I wish nothing but the best of luck and good fortune to you.

SCFM

I'm not trying to bust your balls man. I am just genuinely worried about you. (As worried as someone could get on the internet) I understand your reasoning on why you're doing what you're doing. And although I don't condone everything you're doing, I fully appreciate it because it will help out current and future credit repairers on what to do/What not to do. I mean we're all here to learn, increase our credit repair knowledge, help others, understand our credit rights, etc.

Speaking solely as someone who has helped many of my friends with credit repair (and currently helping one go through BK presently, there's a thread in the BK forum) I think you have an addiction to credit. I know what kind of credit you had prior to your bk, and I know that's your goal post bk, minus the bad part. But looking at this as an outsider, it's unhealthy what you're doing! You're doing far too much far to quickly!

You're stating you can barely make ends meet currently, saying you need your credit to get by because you can't survive paycheck to paycheck. That right there tells me you need to stop worrying about your addiction to obtaining credit, and fix the underlying problem- which has nothing to do with credit. I feel for you man, I really do. At this point in time, how many credit apps have you done since your bk?

Youre a grown man, I'm not here to educate or preach to you. But I say this because I'm genuinely worried: you need help. I'm not sure whether you need financial help, physical help, mental help, or a mix of all of it. But this "experiment" or whatever you want to call this, has gone on long enough. The moment you realize that credit shouldn't be running your life (in which your case it does), the sooner you would realize your life is what she be running your credit. I wish nothing but the best of luck and good fortune to you.

SCFM

Definitely the #1 post in this whole thread!!!!!! :clapping::good:

I get a high when I am approved for a new credit card and it makes me feel good. I know that to meet my long term goals of getting a house, my harley, etc. I need to be responsible with my credit. I like to shop like the next person and everyday I resist the urge to do it.

I had over $750,000 in business/personal credit before and know how fast you can get in trouble. Pre-2008 all the bank's were giving very high credit lines and it led me to make high risk choices. It led me to bankruptcy! I was in with American Express, Citibank, US Bank, etc. Now I am blacklisted with those companies.

I hope you can work on your credit addiction and maybe get a better paying job so you are not living on credit to make ends meet.

By looking at all the people on here now and there high credit lines I see the bank's are getting more relaxed again and creating another credit bubble. The only difference is now business credit is a lot harder to get. GE was giving $75,000 corporate credit lines without a PG not too long ago. Citibank was handing out $25k cards like water with no PG. Those days might not come back.

Good luck to you SCM.

Edited by SeekingWealth

While logging in to the US Alliance application site, I accidentally started another application and then backed out. When the loan officer approved my credit card, he messaged me to contact them about the incomplete loan app. It got me thinking that he must be eager for me to complete it, so I did. An hour later, he approved it for $5000. I'm going to pay off all my cards and the USPS personal loan, except I'll leave a $200 balance so I still have a relationship with USPS. This will consolidate all my debt to just Logix and US Alliance. Then, next month when my TU report has no inquiries again, I will apply for a credit card with USPS, and I will get it. I logged back in to the US Alliance application website and messaged the loan officer that, as he could see by my credit report, it would take $10,000 to consolidate all my debt, but that I didn't have the nerve to ask for that much, but, since he approved me so quickly for the $5000, would he consider the $10,000, so US Alliance could make all the interest on my debt, instead of only half the interest. I'm still waiting to see if he approves the $10,000. Then I would do just that. Pay off both smaller loans except for a couple hundred, and mainly owe US Alliance.

In other news, I went back in to 4 of the CU's that declined my credit card apps and applied for personal LOC's. First Commonwealth messaged me back that they approved my request for a $3000 personal LOC. I will be going to a branch on my next day off to show my driver's license in person and sign the loan agreement.

Again, LOC's and credit cards don't have to be used but once in a while for $10 worth of gas at the pump to keep them active. I'm not running up more debt. Actually some of the debt I have is available money deposited in the savings accounts I opened at various institutions to get re-established.

PCM

It looks like I messed that US Alliance loan up too. The loan officer removed the $5000 loan application from the Docusign website without my signature. The credit card is still open though. I need to take what I can get and not reach for the moon. I scared him off when I called attention to the debt I already have. Apparently he didn't notice before.

SCFM

I would like to get this out in the open SCM was a past business owner and REI real Estate Investor, the man knew what he was doing. Just like a lot of people during the 2008 banking mess He got into trouble. The man has paid his price. I assume with you're screen name You work in the Firefighting EMS field.. If that is the case I can see you're point of view as I also worked in that line of work. I also have been a business owner since 1996 I know what it takes to make Business credit work these days. I know what it is like to work 12,to 16 to 20 hours a day 7 days a week to MAKE IT WORK.. Making sure you get pay roll met, and bills paid.. If people would stop bashing the man and go take the time to read EVERY SINGLE THREAD over on the BUSINESS forum here on CB.

You would probably see his point of view and what he is doing..

I learned a long time ago here on CB you must respect EVERYONES point of view Most folks do not know nor understand the proper use of debt/credit, Floating Money, Flipping Money. Our education system does not even teach the basics. SCM had a very long thread in the business forum years ago. I know for a fact it helped a lot of fellow business owners. I got more then a few good tips. I can understand people thinking SCM might be on the wrong path but HE has shown again and again he beats to a different drum. Then most others like other posters have stated let the Man do his thing and let future members of CB learn from him, Bad/Good or great He has already taught many of us great tips and Ideas..

SCFM

I would like to get this out in the open SCM was a past business owner and REI real Estate Investor, the man knew what he was doing. Just like a lot of people during the 2008 banking mess He got into trouble. The man has paid his price. I assume with you're screen name You work in the Firefighting EMS field.. If that is the case I can see you're point of view as I also worked in that line of work. I also have been a business owner since 1996 I know what it takes to make Business credit work these days. I know what it is like to work 12,to 16 to 20 hours a day 7 days a week to MAKE IT WORK.. Making sure you get pay roll met, and bills paid.. If people would stop bashing the man and go take the time to read EVERY SINGLE THREAD over on the BUSINESS forum here on CB.

I learned a long time ago here on CB you must respect EVERYONES point of view Most folks do not know nor understand the proper use of debt/credit, Floating Money, Flipping Money. Our education system does not even teach the basics. SCM had a very long thread in the business forum years ago. I know for a fact it helped a lot of fellow business owners. I got more then a few good tips. I can understand people thinking SCM might be on the wrong path but HE has shown again and again he beats to a different drum. Then most others like other posters have stated let the Man do his thing and let future members of CB learn from him, Bad/Good or great He has already taught many of us great tips and Ideas..

+1

Another TU puller is Apple FCU. I am not sure if you had them previously SCM.

SCFM

Building, running, and operating a business is no joke..

Working out vents my anger & keeps me healthy, mentally & physically. I spend a couple hours a day doing that. I can't get another job cuz Lowes gives me different hours all the time. I'm gonna start flipping some cars on the side soon. I went to a place to inspect some that were coming up for auction online. Some went for peanuts, but I have to get up to speed with prices and what ones will make the most money before Itake a chance. I'm afraid to try anything cuz of all the failures I've had. Sitting at the computer building credit doesn't cost me any money. Other people go skiing, on vacations, buy new cars.my hobby, like many of you here, is credit building, just for something to do. But when I get enough, I'm gonna try to launch a new business. I don't like people telling me what to do & how much I'm worth by what they pay me.

Yes the big money credit is with business credit. Now almost all of it requires a PG. A strong personal credit file will get us back in with the business credit again.

Keep working your way up.

Working out vents my anger & keeps me healthy, mentally & physically. I spend a couple hours a day doing that. I can't get another job cuz Lowes gives me different hours all the time. I'm gonna start flipping some cars on the side soon. I went to a place to inspect some that were coming up for auction online. Some went for peanuts, but I have to get up to speed with prices and what ones will make the most money before Itake a chance. I'm afraid to try anything cuz of all the failures I've had. Sitting at the computer building credit doesn't cost me any money. Other people go skiing, on vacations, buy new cars.my hobby, like many of you here, is credit building, just for something to do. But when I get enough, I'm gonna try to launch a new business. I don't like people telling me what to do & how much I'm worth by what they pay me.

I agree with you 100% SCM I've never believed in working for anybody else for the rest of my life . Every job that I ever had I told them I was going to quit on them once I get my business off the ground and I did that. It's two types of debt it's GOOD debt ( flipping credit to make money) and BAD debt ( vacations, materialistic items, ect.). Not everybody meant to be A CEO that's why the 10% control the 90%. SCM your post inspires some of us, the thing is I see you ain't afraid of failure because if you was would be trying to come back. You giving people who file BK some hope. RISK takers makes CHAMPIONS!!