Sign in to follow this  
supercreditman

From riches to rags in 2012. It's time for a comeback in 2013!

After a couple days, the CFPB reviewed my complaint sent to Equifax about the bankruptcy info on my EQ report, and forwarded it to EQ. Love it!!!!! I thought perhaps they'd reply that I needed to give EQ 30 days to respond before they would get involved. Maybe I'll get the quick action within 3 days that some other CB'ers got.

I called UNFCU this morning because the rep was supposed to send me an email requesting paystubs, and didn't. While on the phone with her, she sent it. I also asked her to upgrade my app to the Azure card instead of the classic. Keeping my fingers crossed. My EX report took a bad hit from this inquiry. My EX fako dropped from 671 to 662. Ouch!!

Got my pay today. Sending USPS the $200 money order when the holiday loan payment is $137. Then paying Cap 1 probably $200 on each card, when the min payment is $25. Then I'll ACH an additional $100 to Logix on my loan on top of the $265 they auto debit from the USAA checking, like I did last month.

I'm keeping my nose to the grindstone boys. Yes, I deal with temptation, but I don't succumb to it. I know in a couple weeks, I will get the one tax bill for the house I'm living in, and I'm going to pay it during the discount period. And in 5 months, I'll get the school tax bill for the house.

PCM (scm)

Hey everybody!! it's a beautiful 45 degree day here in eastern Pa. After so many days of near 0 temps, it's a welcome change. It lifted my spirits a bit when I walked outside of Lowes after work.

Ok, here the latest on the UNFCU credit card app. The very nice rep that took the app over the phone tried to call me before the close of biz on Friday. I guess it was with a decision, but she didn't leave a message. I had emailed her earlier asking when I could expect a decision. She said it takes 2 business days for the underwriters to process the app. They did pull a hard on EX. That is my 5th, but today one from a collection agency is officially 2 years old and will probably disappear within 2 weeks. EX seems to take a while after the inquiries are officially aged past 2 years to eventually delete them. The other 3 are from Logix back 3 months ago, Inova 2 months ago, which was a waste cuz they told me they don't lend in Pa., and now this one from UNFCU. I sure hope this was worth it. Remember, even if you're turned down for a card from a CU, don't give up. Logix declined me for the credit card app, but then I applied for the signature loan for $8000 and was approved. Go figure!!!

Today, another inquiry dropped from my TU report. I'm getting pretty quick "b" action with what I'm using. About 30 days and they're gone.

My next attempt at strategy will be to determine which order to apply for TU pulling CU credit first. Which ones will be most skeptical about other recent inquiries the same day, and which ones won't care. And, some won't pull instantly online during the app. They might pull a day or 2 later, so I really won't know what order the pulls will be in, unless I space them out over a couple of days, but I want them the same day, so they're bumped ASAP.

The Logix loan payment cleared my main checking. I also ACH'd another $100 to the Logix savings, and I'm going to apply that to loan principal, like I did last month. I also mailed USPS $200, instead of $137. I intend to keep up this effort to pay down on my debt as much as I can afford to, and still have $100 bucks left to last me 2 weeks til next pay. I used the Navy credit card yesterday to pay for groceries, and the Navy red check card to pay my storage and gym bill for the month. The Navy checking has no money in it, so when the card is used, it pulls the credit from the overdraft LOC, as others on CB posted. Works great! I also used one of the Navy LOC checks I got in the mail to pay my sewer bill for $112. I also paid $200 on both of my Cap 1 cards. I'm going to stop using them for a while and start paying for gas and groceries with the Navy card only, to start building a history with them. I transferred the $1000 balance I had on the Sportmansguide Visa to the Barclays Apple card cuz I got a bt offer of 3.9% for 8 months. That beats paying $20 a month interest to Comenity for a card with a 22% interest rate. but it cost $40 in fees to do the BT. I hope to get a CLI on the Sportsmans Visa with the LUV button next month when the account generates it's 6th statement. Next pay in 2 weeks, I'll pay my electric and water bills, and the rest of what I can afford will go to Cap 1 to get them down to less than $150 balance each, or less. Once the electric bills lessen for the spring and summer seasons, I will really hit the debt hard, and hopefully knock it down to $0 in a year. With my income, that's an ambitious goal. I've seen my debt go over $13,000 at one point, but, according to my spreadsheet budget, I am just below $12,000. I figure that I get over $1600 a month in pay, and if I can put $1000 a month to debt, it will go away pretty quick.

I guess that's all I can offer at the moment. I hope it's a help to somebody.

PCM (SCM)

When I pulled my reports today, both EX and TU looked pretty good with low credit utilization, and TU had no inquiries left from my last spree. So I pulled the trigger on my CU app spree.

I just talked to the rep from UNFCU. She said that they will only give me a secured classic Visa because they find it alarming that I opened 23 new accounts since my bankruptcy was discharged, including one in just 2 months ago.

I just spent the morning applying for credit with the following.......

US Alliance

Allegacy

Members 1st

First Commonwealth

State Dept

Security Plus

Spectrum

I don't know any more on any yet. I have to get ready for work. Tomorrow, when I pull my reports, I will let you know which reports they all pulled. I uploaded docs to any that allowed for that option to expedite the processing. ?????

PCM

I got an almost instant decline letter pdf back from Spectrum CU. I hope they're not 1 that pulled EX, cuz they had a check box if you had a BK in the last 7 years & I didn't check it, but I'm sure they found it, and that' probably why the decline. I know better, but I figured, what the hey. I have the membership, so I might as well try.

PCM

Here are some results......These were all credit card apps

US Alliance-----EX---no word yet

Allegacy-----TU----no word yet

Members 1st----TU---denied----submitted personal LOC request after phone call about CC decline

First Commonwealth-----EX----no word yet

State Dept-----EX-----No word yet

Security Plus-----TU-----No word yet

Spectrum-----EQ----2 inquiries (1 from Chevron FCU and 1 from Spectrum FCU---same place)---instant denial online

That's all, at this point.

PCM

I do live at the same address, however, the report shows me living on the second floor, while my BK records show me living on the first floor.

The interesting news is State Dept FCU approved my credit card request for a $10,000 card. This is the highest limit card I've been approved for in years. Truly a breakthrough in my credit repair. Who knows if they would have approved more, but I thought perhaps my income had something to do with the limit anybody would give me, and I didn't want to push my luck. I'm thrilled. I just finished filling in the documents in Docusign. 8.99% interest rate. They say my EX score is 694.

PCM

You need a totally different address to have success in removing BK. Either open a PO Box or Mail Boxes Etc address and move all your open credit accounts to the new address so it reports. Then you can re-dispute the BK and it should not verify.

There is a thread on the boards that explains the process.

I do live at the same address, however, the report shows me living on the second floor, while my BK records show me living on the first floor.

The interesting news is State Dept FCU approved my credit card request for a $10,000 card. This is the highest limit card I've been approved for in years. Truly a breakthrough in my credit repair. Who knows if they would have approved more, but I thought perhaps my income had something to do with the limit anybody would give me, and I didn't want to push my luck. I'm thrilled. I just finished filling in the documents in Docusign. 8.99% interest rate. They say my EX score is 694.

PCM

Awesome! They turned me down cold! lol

You need a totally different address to have success in removing BK. Either open a PO Box or Mail Boxes Etc address and move all your open credit accounts to the new address so it reports. Then you can re-dispute the BK and it should not verify.

There is a thread on the boards that explains the process

Mine is at a different address, and still got verified. :( Oh well.

Newbie, These places all have their own scoring system. My EX fako is only 662. Something told me that somebody would come up with a higher score. Logix had me at 684, or something. And the threshold for approval is different with each lender. This must be one that approves if over 680, using their scoring model, whatever that is.

When that $10k card hits my reports, the score will go up cuz of overall utilization dropping dramatically. And the other thing that will probably happen is Cap 1 will probably bump my limits to a higher level. A new domino just fell for me, and will set a new course for my credit, up, instead of stuck at the same level. Even if I don't get any other accounts from this app spree, this one was well worth the credit hit.

PCM

I am bumping my Navy card to $10k within 6 months or less. Navy is known to give the nice credit lines. Finally my $5,000 limit is reporting on all 3 CRA's now. I am hoping CapitalOne and Barclays will match it soon.

Great Job SCM on your first 10k card. You are doing great!

Edited by SeekingWealth

Congrats on your continued success, SCM! I may have to give SDFCU a shot myself.

I am bumping my Navy card to $10k within 6 months or less. Navy is known to give the nice credit lines. Finally my $5,000 limit is reporting on all 3 CRA's now. I am hoping CapitalOne and Barclays will match it soon.

Great Job SCM on your first 10k card. You are doing great!

You know, I can't seem to get a break with Navy. They were my first post-BK success (within 2 weeks of DC, in fact), but I'm still stuck at the original $1k. Any contact with NFCU always results in a cluster-bomb of inquiries that so far have resulted in no love. :blush:

I applied for SDFCU today since they seem to BK friendly. Paladin nice job on LogixCU I see in your signature. Your BK is fairly recent and you had no problem getting approved? I looked into Logix and going to apply today as well. Also, I am surprised your judgements stayed on Experian. I called in and said they were included in BK and they deleted all my judgements off and there was about 4 of them.

Edited by SeekingWealth

I applied for SDFCU today since they seem to BK friendly. Paladin nice job on LogixCU I see in your signature. Your BK is fairly recent and you had no problem getting approved? I looked into Logix and going to apply today as well. Also, I am surprised your judgements stayed on Experian. I called in and said they were included in BK and they deleted all my judgements off and there was about 4 of them.

Thanks! Yeah, there is a whole thread here that talks about many of our journeys with Logix.

Beware. I hear they've tightened up significantly since the start of that thread. Check later pages.

Regarding the judgments, you called in? Do you know what number you called? My BK atty said they didn't have any liens but I couldn't get them removed. I've disputed them a couple of times directly with the CBs, but they keep coming back Verified. It'll be 7 years later this year anyway, I'm pretty sure they should fall off naturally from SOL. I'm open to other suggestions! :D

Edited by paladin

Call the 1-800 # for experian and says those accounts were included in the BK and don't ask for deletes. They do it themselves without asking! That's what I did not expecting deletes it just happened that way. Maybe I was lucky! You will know the next day when you pull your reports. They delete it within 24 hours!

Logix is not gonna happen for me. They pull Experian to open membership and I have a freeze on it. SDFCU I am more hopeful for as they pull a soft.

Anybody that pulls EQ and Experian has been giving me denials. Having real good luck with TU but no BK on there it was deleted off. I still have 2 accounts that show a BK record though. I have one judgement from 2013 on there that TU will not remove and its hurting me. My FICO on there is 656.

Edited by SeekingWealth

I got a call from Allegacy. They wanted paystubs. They emailed my TU score. It says 724. I said I'll send them when i get home from work. Afterwards, I got the bright idea to forward the emailed stubs that I sent to State Dept over to Allegacy. Except, I FORGOT TO DELETE THE MESSAGE I SENT TO STATE DEPT. So, Allegacy saw the message I sent to State Dept. They may turn me down cuz I applied for credit with State Dept too, without their knowledge, now that they found out, they may say I'm pyramiding debt, or something of a risk.

PCM

Logix is not gonna happen for me. They pull Experian to open membership and I have a freeze on it. SDFCU I am more hopeful for as they pull a soft.

Makes no difference. I got approved for membership and a card with them with EX frozen, somehow they were able to soft. I'm pretty sure there are others that have had the same experience.

Makes no difference. I got approved for membership and a card with them with EX frozen, somehow they were able to soft. I'm pretty sure there are others that have had the same experience.

Denied. They Pulled Chex and Experian. Well since Experian is frozen they said they are "Unable to verify my identity".

I got a call from Allegacy. They wanted paystubs. They emailed my TU score. It says 724. I said I'll send them when i get home from work. Afterwards, I got the bright idea to forward the emailed stubs that I sent to State Dept over to Allegacy. Except, I FORGOT TO DELETE THE MESSAGE I SENT TO STATE DEPT. So, Allegacy saw the message I sent to State Dept. They may turn me down cuz I applied for credit with State Dept too, without their knowledge, now that they found out, they may say I'm pyramiding debt, or something of a risk.

PCM

For anyone reading this , what other creditors have requested paystubs? I thought only Amex did that.

Sunny, just read your sig. How in the world did you get so many negatives deleted off your reports in about a year? Just disputing them all or what? Just wondering.

I'm not gonna worry about deleting negatives off my reports anymore. My TU is good enough to get me approvals from 2 out of 3 apps. Security Plus left me a message requesting answers to some questions. Allegacy says my score is 724. And Members 1st is simply just not BK friendly. I'm looking for more TU pullers right now that are BK friendly and I never IIB'd. I have to wait a day or 2 til the Sportsmansguide Visa reports the $0 balance cuz of the BT to the Barclays Apple Visa. The utilization increased today but will drop again soon. It reported to the other bureaus already.

I'm so disgusted that I sent the State Dept email to Allegacy. I think I killed that pending approval. The only thing I can think of to say is that I chose not to accept the State Dept offer cuz their interest rate was too high and I'm waiting to find out what interest rate Allegacy will give me.

PCM