Sign in to follow this  
Innocent_Kiss

I REALLY need you guys' help! Not sure how to move forward

My Verizon account was sold to a Collection Agency but Verizon is the only company to report to the credit bureaus about the account. I called Verizon (I was careful not to give any information) only my name. They stated that they don’t actually handle the account there and transferred me over to the Collection Agency.

Now, the CA sent me a letter about a month ago offering a settlement. I actually want to settle with the amount they offered, but I want to ensure that Verizon updates my account with the credit bureaus. If it were the actual CA reporting the bureaus, I would have done a Pay for Delete letter weeks ago, but I’m not sure how to handle this since the CA technically has nothing to delete.

How do I move forward? Send Verizon a pay for delete letter? The Verizon rep did let me know that once I settled with the CA that they’d update my credit report as Paid as Agreed. Should I send the CA any letter? If so what should it say?

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Will Verizon allow you to pay them directly? I had a CA reporting Verizon, but Verizon still accepted my payment.

DV the CA.

Will Verizon allow you to pay them directly? I had a CA reporting Verizon, but Verizon still accepted my payment.

DV the CA.

That's the thing. The CA is not reporting, Verizon is. The rep said I could definitely pay Verizon directly, but it would have to be the full balance, not the settlement the CA offered. I guess I'm really just trying to get a quick win. The settlement offer was so low, I can pay it right now and get that updated on my report.

DV the CA.

That's the thing. The CA is not reporting, Verizon is. The rep said I could definitely pay Verizon directly, but it would have to be the full balance, not the settlement the CA offered. I guess I'm really just trying to get a quick win. The settlement offer was so low, I can pay it right now and get that updated on my report.

I would only pay Verizon, not a CA. But that's just me.

Pay the CA and the Verizon derog will be stuck. You'll be rely mad if the CA also starts reporting which they can. Pay Verizon and try good will delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I let my sister put a phone in my name a few years back and unbeknown to me it went deliquent. The CA it went to was actually in house for Verizon which is probably why they're the only ones reporting. Like BDK I preferred to pay Verizon directly and I paid the entire amount, however they only update as "paid in full". I had zero luck with getting them to delete, I am so glad it finally falls off this year in October. Mine is old though and having very little impact on my score.

Daynarae

Could you give more details on exactly how Verizon is reporting? Has the account CO?

Could you give more details on exactly how Verizon is reporting? Has the account CO?

Sure

Balance $160

Past Due $160

Date Opened 01/01/2009

Account Status: Closed

Experian Payment Status: Seriously past due / Assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Equifax Payment Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due

TransUnion Payment Status: Collection Account

I'm using USAA's Experian Credit Monitoring Service, FYI

Sure

Balance $160

Past Due $160

Date Opened 01/01/2009

Experian Payment Status: Seriously past due / Assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Regardless of your income/money situation for $160 I would definitely pay in full to Verizon and request a good will delete.

Am I missing that there may be interest added on or something? I know $160 is different to different people but for the sake of your credit report I think a $160 and having them delete would be the best call here.

Good luck!

Sure

Balance $160

Past Due $160

Date Opened 01/01/2009

Regardless of your income/money situation for $160 I would definitely pay in full to Verizon and request a good will delete.

Am I missing that there may be interest added on or something? I know $160 is different to different people but for the sake of your credit report I think a $160 and having them delete would be the best call here.

Good luck!

You'd be surprised :-/ at one point is was impossible! LOL The CA was offering something like a $50 settlement, though. But to ensure I get the best results, it's definitely worth just paying the $160. Eh, it was worth a try!

I'll try a pay for delete letter after I send the payment :-)