Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

What is LinkedIn.com?

The last post in this topic was posted 2868 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was just invited to join LinkedIn by...someone who's name sounds very familiar... but whom I cannot for the life of me think of where I might know them from...

LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE: LNKD) (pron.: /ˌlɪŋkt.ˈɪn/) is a social networking website for people in professional occupations. Founded in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003,[6] it is mainly used for professional networking. As of January 2013[update], LinkedIn reports more than 200 million acquired users in more than 200 countries and territories.[5]

It's a professional networking site, kind of a white-collar Facebook - it's got business news, and "groups", and a job search board.

You probably got that email because when your acquaintance joined, he/she checked the box that sends "join my Linkedin network" emails to everyone in his/her address book. I hate people who do that. You can ignore it, but be aware that you'll get a couple, three "reminder" emails over the next month or two. It's all automated.

I would love to join Linkedin, except for that whole "don't ever tell anyone who you work for on social network sites or personal websites, or don't wear our logo in public or overseas" gibberish they told us. Oh well.

Edited by bobgodd

I would love to join Linkedin, except for that whole "don't ever tell anyone who you work for on social network sites or personal websites, or don't wear our logo in public or overseas" gibberish they told us. Oh well.

If you told me, would you have to kill me? :mellow:

I get invites all the time from people I never heard of, usually recruiting for some MLM scheme. They love to recruit insurance agents.

The last post in this topic was posted 2868 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.