Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

USAA Current Offers for non-members?

The last post in this topic was posted 2666 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Will the "Current Offers" page for USAA ever show me trade line related pre-approvals if I am an active brokerage/banking member, but not a full-fledged military member?

"Full" membership is only available for officers. i do have P&C insurance with them through one of their subsidiaries, but the only thing I've seen in the my offers tab is for group term life insurance

Membership qualification listed on the site below.

Not just for Officers

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_main?wa_ref=pri_global_usaaandu

Qualifying for membership, is not the same as qualifying for FULL membership. USAA has subsidiaries for tiers of people which allows them to have insurance, bit they still aren't 'full' members.

If you want to be insured by USAA itself, you need to be an officer (or retired officer). These are the people who have shares in USAA (the inter-insurance exchange). They have the Subscriber Savings Accounts and probably have the best rates.

Dependents of officers are insured by USAA Casualty Insurance Company (a stock company) .

Enlisted military are insured by USAA General Indemnification Company ( a stock company).

Dependents of CIC or GIC are insured by Garrison Property & Casualty Company (a stock company)

USAA GIC and Garisson have not received dividends the past few years. USAA and USAA CIC have.

Edited by tjguitar

Not just for Officers

Qualifying for membership, is not the same as qualifying for FULL membership. USAA has subsidiaries for tiers of people which allows them to have insurance, bit they still aren't 'full' members.

If you want to be insured by USAA itself, you need to be an officer (or retired officer). These are the people who have shares in USAA (the inter-insurance exchange). They have the Subscriber Savings Accounts and probably have the best rates.

Dependents of officers are insured by USAA Casualty Insurance Company (a stock company) .

Enlisted military are insured by USAA General Indemnification Company ( a stock company).

Dependents of CIC or GIC are insured by Garrison Property & Casualty Company (a stock company)

USAA GIC and Garisson have not received dividends the past few years. USAA and USAA CIC have.

Yea I think he is right. And I think for members who dont fall into those tiers can get discounted insurance through them from Liberty Mutual, and it aint no discount from the quotes I got.

I'm not completely certain how the various tiers work ( I imagine those with a bad driving record could be re-tiered), but what I posted above is my understanding. USAA also has a few other listed Property & Casualty companies, but they are only in Texas. When I had a quote for Flood Insurance it was through GIC. Everything else I have is through Garrison.

I'm not completely certain how the various tiers work ( I imagine those with a bad driving record could be re-tiered), but what I posted above is my understanding. USAA also has a few other listed Property & Casualty companies, but they are only in Texas. When I had a quote for Flood Insurance it was through GIC. Everything else I have is through Garrison.

Yea, those tiers are just for the varying levels of full membership, those not a full member are referred to Liberty Mutual for any insurance, and it is just a discount for belong to USAA, not subsidized by USAA or any affiliation.

With all due respect, I was only providing a site that one can check for membership.

"Full" membership is only available for officers. i do have P&C insurance with them through one of their subsidiaries, but the only thing I've seen in the my offers tab is for group term life insurance

Full Membership is open to all Active and Retired Military, not just for officers.

Please check the site suggested.

It also shows.. Our investment products, most checking and savings products, credit cards, life insurance, and shopping and discounts are available to other individuals.

Nothing personal, just clarification.

Not just for Officers

USAA does not distinguish between enlisted and officer members so the term "full" membership is wrong as it relates to qualified military personnel.

That said, amongst those considered "full" members, there are tiers that go along the lines of rank has its privileges.

As for the original topic, I am not sure if those who are not considered full members ever get offers. I know dependents of full members do and so do members, but not familiar with others. However, even amnog members I know those who seldom, if ever, get offers and those who never stop getting offers. I know USAA softs EX on a monthly basis and that seems to determine what offers you get.

With all due respect, I was only providing a site that one can check for membership.

Full Membership is open to all Active and Retired Military, not just for officers.

Please check the site suggested.

It also shows.. Our investment products, most checking and savings products, credit cards, life insurance, and shopping and discounts are available to other individuals.

Nothing personal, just clarification.

I guess It depends on what you are defining as "full membership". I have seen those who are not directly insured by USAA itself referred to as 'associate members'.

Edited by tjguitar

Anytime you are eligible through USAA and their entities for insurance, you are considered a full member. When they say, "sorry we can refer you to Liberty Mutual" you are not a full member, more-or-less.

Not just for Officers

USAA does not distinguish between enlisted and officer members so the term "full" membership is wrong as it relates to qualified military personnel.

That said, amongst those considered "full" members, there are tiers that go along the lines of rank has its privileges.

As for the original topic, I am not sure if those who are not considered full members ever get offers. I know dependents of full members do and so do members, but not familiar with others. However, even among members I know those who seldom, if ever, get offers and those who never stop getting offers. I know USAA softs EX on a monthly basis and that seems to determine what offers you get.

Not just for Officers

When you say "enlisted military", does that mean CURRENTLY? Being ex-military (enlisted) the way I read this I should be insured by GIC? But I'm not, my papers say Garrison. :dntknw:

Anytime you are eligible through USAA and their entities for insurance, you are considered a full member. When they say, "sorry we can refer you to Liberty Mutual" you are not a full member, more-or-less.

Not until AFTER you have signed up and paid for an insurance product, not just eligible.

I can only speak for myself, but I disagree with the notion you must sign up for their insurance to be a full member.

I have 2 years active, 2-years reserve and 2-years stand by, and received my final Honorary Discharged after a total of 6-years.

I am a FULL MEMBER of USAA. Not only that, but my three children are also FULL MEMBERS.

The following products are available for military veterans and their family.

All Insurances Products

All Banking Products

All Investment Products

All Shopping & Service Discounts.

The only investment product that I have is their Savings Plan.

Please take the time to read the site below it will indicate what services you may be eligible for.

I can only speak for myself, but I disagree with the notion you must sign up for their insurance to be a full member.

I have 2 years active, 2-years reserve and 2-years stand by, and received my final Honorary Discharged after a total of 6-years.

I am a FULL MEMBER of USAA. Not only that, but my three children are also FULL MEMBERS.

All Insurances Products

All Banking Products

All Investment Products

Please take the time to read the site below it will indicate what services you may be eligible for.

You must be in some other bucket.

My father and myself are not qualified full members since we get insurance elsewhere, despite qualified military association.

We can't use Deposit@Home/Mobile, for example, as it requires insurance through USAA for full eligibility.

All Insurances Products

All Banking Products

All Investment Products

You're of course welcome to call USAA and ask them to explain the different tiers of membership, and how actually purchasing their insurance affects that.

All Insurances Products

All Banking Products

All Investment Products

You're of course welcome to call USAA and ask them to explain the different tiers of membership, and how actually purchasing their insurance affects that.

Oh ok King. I didn't realize you had to buy the insurance to get FULL membership, I thought just being eligible for it made you FULL. Good point to make. Sucks either way since neither of my parents (both army) never used USAA so I can't be considered full :beee:

Not just for Officers

When you say "enlisted military", does that mean CURRENTLY? Being ex-military (enlisted) the way I read this I should be insured by GIC? But I'm not, my papers say Garrison. :dntknw:

Hmm, I guess I need to abandon my theory on how folks are tiered into the different insurance companies. Thanks for the data point!

Not just for Officers

Hmm, I guess I need to abandon my theory on how folks are tiered into the different insurance companies. Thanks for the data point!

I'm NOT saying you are wrong, or far from the truth if that's not exactly what it is. I'm just saying how it is for me currently.

Apparently, being a resident of Bexar County, Texas (San Antonio) puts you in a different tier. I changed my address to my friend who lives there, and I didn't notice any changes, but the representatives at the financial center claimed that being a Bexar County resident made me eligible for more banking products. Maybe someone with experience can tell me what these are.

Not just for Officers

I'm NOT saying you are wrong, or far from the truth if that's not exactly what it is. I'm just saying how it is for me currently.

I now see the source of where my info came from. Who knows how accurate it is: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/851421/m12660614/#m12660614

and http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/473674/m7498395/#m7498395

Edited by tjguitar

The last post in this topic was posted 2666 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.