Comenity Bank Recon SUCCESS - Ann Taylor Mastercard

The last post in this topic was posted 2663 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi everyone! Many thanks to this board. I have a few of the comenity store cards and recently got the Sportsman Guide Visa (all through soft pulls). I decided to apply for the Ann Taylor Mastercard and got the dreaded 7 to 10 day message. I waited and finally got the letter and it was a denial and I was kind of confused as it said I had a fraud risk score of 796 out of 999. (I don't know what this scoring model means) The reasons listed were just as confusing.

Low level of verification (inconsistency of info provided from consumer as to what is found by credit bureau

Too many recent credit checks (3)

Presence of medium low fraud risk fcra verification indicators

Lack of open revolving trades or lack of constant activity on revolving trades

I tossed the letter to the side for about a week. There was no phone number to contact them of course.

Today I called Experian and could not get anyone on the phone. I have access to my report and knew there was no fraud report and such on there. I did a little research and found a main number for comenity bank and was very lucky to get a really nice customer service rep on the phone. I explained to her the situation and she took my app number and pulled it up and compared. Basically I was turned down because the CRA did not have something as simple as ln ( as in lane) in my street address.

So she processed it and approved it for $1000. Not as high as my SG Visa but I was happy it wasn't a wasted HP. And I am so happy I called. I couldn't believe how nice the rep was. It just seems crazy to me that they wouldn't just call me and verify the info before declining. So if anyone else gets denied with any of the Comenity cards - don't give up immediately.

Oh and on a side note, they listed Experian in the letter as the CRA but there was absolutely no hard pull on Experian - only a soft. The hard pull was on Equifax. And, for all the cards I've done through the softs, they have all been on Equifax.

So if anyone is having trouble with the cart trick, you should definitely check your addresses on EQ and make sure you are entering them exactly as they appear.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

this is an old thread, but does anybody know how the process works if you want to upgrade from the Ann Taylor store card to the MC? is it like Nordstrom where they *D the new card to the original card opening date? my wife has a store card opened in 2003, would love to upgrade it, but not worth it if they add another account dated 2014 or even worse close the old one and open a new one dated 2014.

The last post in this topic was posted 2663 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MJPEREZ77
      Hi CBers,

I have a question for you. DW app'd for the SYNC Home Design CC w/ EX frozen, after numerous calls to finally get to the correct UW department, and getting the right UW, we had them pull TU and she was approved (and on the 2nd call got a CLI, gotta luv SYNC!!! ). So we wanted to each get the Barclay's US Airways CC, she app'd and was Declined. NOW NORMALLY, I'd have her recon. BUT, as she has many new accts in the last 90 days, I am weary of having her call and have an UW look at her file as I have read that Barclay's is very new acct "sensitive". I remember a comment left for me once by someone on here, something about a farm animal getting slaughtered, lol. So I am thinking of letting this one go as to not bring any unwanted attention to her that might result in AA or a CLD. Am I thinking logically? Thanks again for your input!

Have a great rest of your week!!!
    • By direct
      Has anyone yet applied for the BJ's Perks MasterCard from Comenity?

You need to be a member of BJ's wholesale club (locations mainly in the Northeast section of USA)

I'm curious as to the credit bureau pulled and the credit lines being assigned on the consumer card.

Apply online at: https://www.bjs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CobrandedPerk?storeId=10201

• By lethargic
      Just called the Chase recon line regarding my Sapphire Preferred application.

Called up and spoke to a really nice gentleman for about 15 minutes. I had a security freeze on Experian and I gave him the pin to lift that.

He asked me a few questions about my BK in 2010. He asked about my mortgage and income. Then put me on hold for about five minutes and came back saying that he had to send it up the ladder for further review because of the BK. He said in 7-10 business days I would either get my card in the mail or an explanation for the decline.

I asked him what his thoughts were and he said he was satisfied and he had been doing it for a long time and he had was good at reading credit... but yet it was forwarded for further review.

Anybody get this message before? I really need to stop applying for cards!
    • By MJPEREZ77
      Hi, wondering if anyone has a Current B of A Recon phone #. I have tried the ones here and have had NO LUCK! DW just got denied for a Better Balance Rewards Card after a $9k CLI on Plat Plus. Hoping to take advantage of the this, since it was a Pre Qual Offer.

Thanks
    • By BradS
      I'm very new to posting to this forum but have been using it for reference over the last month and wanted to share my recon story.

I already had a Barclay's Reward Mastercard that I've had for over 7 months now and recently hit the CLI button. When asked how much I wanted, I was rather conservative and only asked for $250 which was granted after about an hour. So then I thought, perhaps I could have asked for more? So after reading on here about people calling the recon line to ask for more, I took a chance. After going over my account and answering a few questions, they granted me another $250!

So I decided to apply for the Barclays Apple Visa card. After submitting I got the denial message and told me that I would get a letter within 7-10 days stating why. I submitted that application on Friday right before 5pm. I decided to call the recon line to see if I could get it overturned but by then it was already after 5 and they were closed. So I gave them a call today and talked to a very nice lady about reconsidering the application. She looked at my history with them and asked about my recent new inquiries which are all because I'm still rebuilding my credit history after completing BK13 a few years back. She also asked about my limited credit history gap which was because of the BK. I answered all her questions and she said since I have a good history with them and have been managing all my accounts well, that she would approve my application. I was stoked!

This couldn't have been possible without the help and information that y'all provide on this forum. I can't thank y'all enough!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Edearing5

Important Information

Guidelines