Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Dealer Trade-In Payoff

The last post in this topic was posted 2798 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I traded in my Mazda 3 with a remaining balance of $1850.00 to go towards the down payment on a 13' Chevy Cruze. Dealer took the trade and gave me an additional $1k in incentive cash to go towards the down and "help with financing". A week ago, I logged onto the Mazda's auto loan account with Chase and it still showed a balance due, as well as an increase in the amount of interest due as I traded the car on 2/24 and the last payment was made on 2/13 by me.

So I contacted the sales manager (who seemed very concerned after we completed the sale about a survey we would get from GM) and let him know that Chase had not gotten the payoff. He said he'd check on it, and later told me it was taken care of.

Today I get a call from Chase demanding payment of course, as I am 26 days past due. I call the dealership again, and he says the check was sent out Friday and I should give it a few days.

So my concern is that the late pay may hit my credit if Chase doesn't process the check in time, even though I've notified them of the situation. If so, what is the best way to get the late scrubbed?

You should still make your regular payment to Mazda/Chase to protect yourself from the 30 day late mark. Mazda/Chase will refund you any credit balance once they receive the payoff from the dealer. I have trusted so many dealers over the years to send in the payoff check on time, and they never did, and always promised that it was mailed, bla bla, that I learned the hard way 4 years ago, to just keep making the regular payments until the payoff payment is posted.

It will be hard to get the 30 day late mark removed from your report if you allow it to get that far, as Chase is going to tell you the same thing I just told you. Until the payoff payment is received, it is still your responsibility to make sure all payments are made on time.

Also keep in mind, that when Chase gives you a payoff amount, it is only valid for a certain number of days, after which more interest will be added and the payoff amount will change. So even with the dealer sending the payoff check for the amount you listed, you may still owe more than that amount due to new interest.

I've never worked for a dealer that had to kite funds. We make the payoffs as the deals are turned into the accounting office.

Payoff finally posted two days prior to the 30 day reporting timeframe. I'm not sure why the delay but the sales manager claimed it happened all the time. I was not very friendly when filling out GM's satisfaction survey.

Payoff finally posted two days prior to the 30 day reporting timeframe. I'm not sure why the delay but the sales manager claimed it happened all the time. I was not very friendly when filling out GM's satisfaction survey.

Although no one will admit to it, you just got yourself blacklisted.

Marv, can you elaborate on that? Blacklisted by the dealership?

Marv, can you elaborate on that? Blacklisted by the dealership?

+1

The last post in this topic was posted 2798 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kiai
      Most of the ad language reads about the same across the nation, but can't find these answers. 

Have the prices of the cars been raised to accommodate that deal?
      Do you know if they include early pay off penalties?

Thanks
    • By DavidMalan
      Hello my name is David Malan i need quick cash car title loan can anyone please suggest me the lender name and number so can i get the loan.

Thanks
      David
    • By Shane
      On my way to Atlanta yesterday I got a text. I was suspicious
      When I got home I checked out online banking, nothing
      I then checked my email, email from Chase Fraud
      I clicked the link in the email, page error
      I called today.

Actual card was used to purchase $200 at a dollar store in Columbia SC. Chase said it was in in store purchase so someone had replicated my card.

My Freedom card was used at Home Depot and Target.

New account
      One more TL

This is the 2nd CC of mine to get hacked in the last 2.5 years.
    • By kkj
      Hi all,
      I moved migrated to US in June 2014. Never lived/worked here before. I applied for secured credit cards with Capital one and Bank of America in July 2014. Both got rejected. They gave me reason round the lines of “profile or file does not exist” (Can’t remember the exact wordings though). Anyhow, I wanted to buy a car, so went into this dealer ship back in August 2014(they claim to be the largest in NYC). Told them I am looking to buy something round $20K in cash. They asked me if I was interested in financing the car. I told them that I don’t have any credit profile, for which they said they ll get the approval. This was my first experience to actually buy a car from dealer ship, and have never financed before. Without asking me they (the dealership) actually applied to all the finance companies they could find under the sun. Then came back with approval, which was $11500 down payment, round 15%Apr for 72 months. The car was (new kia sorento) round $30K+ some nyc tax 0.9% + services. Total was round $34K. The installment was 474$/month. For next month or so, I got bombarded with all those rejected credit applications. I think they sent my application to 14 companies in total. All had same reason i-e credit profile does not exists. With this background information, I got following questions

Q1: Currently I owe round $21K. Now the question is, if I payoff half of debt, (round $10K), will that actually lower my payments to 474/2 = 237$ /month? I don’t want to pay off the entire loan as its being useful for my credit buildup (as I understand). I read somewhere on this forum that even if you pay off most of loan, it will go to interest rather than capital payment. If that is the case, I’d rather keep it as is than paying off in full or half.

Q2: I was checking free credit reporting sites, and suddenly they have my profile with TransUnion score 655, and another site reporting 690(not sure which bureau they are reporting from). Can I go for refinancing based on this scoring, provided my profile is less than a year old, and already has 14 credit pulls?
      Any help will be appreciated.
      Thanks,Kj.
    • By Rjbstl
      Back in 2010 I filed ch 13 bankruptcy, converted to 7 in 2011 and discharged in Jan 2012. House was included and I never reaffirmed or paid the mortgage..stayed in home paying taxes and insurance waiting for them to foreclose. EMC and Chase sold the servicing to realtime resolutions. Debt for home was discharged and shows on report as included in bankruptcy. Last spring I recieved a lien release for 2nd mortgage and now yesterday I recieved a lien release for my first mortgage from Chase. Since the debt was discharged, did the bank just give me a house?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Blacccoffy
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines