Medical scare recently

sillyviolet

The last post in this topic was posted 3348 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Thanks for the info. I have applied for Medicaid and was denied because I do not claim the kids for Food Stamps. I do not believe our state offers a seperate Medicaid program, but I will look into that. I have worked with the county and I have an appointment with them on the 21st. I also talked to the hospital and they would be willing to work with me on the bill, but it is still a hefty payment every month.Still, any help is appreciated.

I was going to stay out of this.. but I can't.. honestly. Medicaid (Ssi/SSdi) is baised on health need and if they deem you not able to work due to your health issues . NOT because you do not claim your kids on food stamps.

Now, state Medicaid/State health run insurance is different and will have different requirements. I remember when I applied through our states Badger care (our states form of Medicad) I had to be under a certain amount financially, not be able to get insurance elsewhere (though work, or spouse etc) and since I didn't have kids I would have been put on a long waiting list.

Ohhh giraffy now I have to search to find a receipe for the vanilla chi cupcakes and see if I can make some.. I made some chi spiced cookies that were to die for over the holidays to include in my cooking

Edited by beli

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beli, that is what letter stated when I received it. I will scan it in for you if you really wish. Having a child under the age of 18 claimed for Medicaid would reverse the decision. I do not claim my children for food stamps, thus I cannot claim them for Medicaid. Thus, I cannot receive it. Although I have asked my ex husband if I can claim one of the boys for food stamps, he just hasn't gotten back to me yet.

About Medicaid

Medicaid has different programs available that provide health coverage for:

• Children under age 19
  • Parents or other related adults with children under age 19
  • Pregnant women
  • Women diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer or pre-cancer
  • People aged 65 or older
  • People who are blind or disabled (using Social Security criteria)

APPLY FOR MEDICAID

You can apply for Medicaid with just your name, address, and signature on our application for assistance.

This gets you started, but we still need you to provide the rest of the

information on the application before we can determine if you are

eligible.

If your family's income is too high to qualify for Medicaid, we will determine if your children quailify for Idaho's State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

SCHIP is a health coverage program for children under age 19 whose

family income is too high to qualify for Medicaid. There may be a small

monthly cost for SCHIP coverage ($10.00 or $15.00, depending on income)

for each child who receives SCHIP.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

In order to receive Medicaid, certain eligibility requirements

must be met in areas such as, citizenship/immigration status, income,

resources, work requirements, and other areas based on your household's

circumstances.

MEDICAID AND SCHIP COVERAGE

Medicaid and SCHIP will pay for a number of services,

such as prescriptions and dental care. While it is possible to have

Medicaid and private health insurance, children who have private health

insurance cannot qualify for SCHIP.

BENEFIT PLANS

The Idaho Medicaid State Plan is made up of the Standard State Plan

which includes mandatory minimum benefits and three Benchmark benefit

plans that are aligned with health needs and include an emphasis on

prevention and wellness. Click on the plan titles below to see the

benefits for each or click on the comparison sheet to quickly view the

differences between the plans.

Based on info from the Idaho Health and Welfare site http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Medical/Medicaid/tabid/123/Default.aspx

I like brownies too. Very much so.

How bout those "special brownies???"

hahahaha. No. My days of "special brownies" are long, long gone.

Drats.. and here I was gonna make you some this weekend and send it to ya. Granted probably would've gotten confiscated by the post office. Reminds me of the time I made a "special" candle for someone my house smelled for days even with the window open and it wasn't even the "real" thing..suprised I didn't have the cops here.

Edited by beli

:mellow: :mellow:

I can say, the $60k didn't sound unreasonable. When we spent 3 weeks in the hospital, Gab's bills came out to around $250, and included ICU, x-rays, a bazillion types of drugs, or fees, etc.

But the rest of that. :mellow: :mellow:

I love cupcakes. I had some vanilla chai flavored cupcakes Saturday that were PHENOMENAL.

Well, I just looked mine up to make sure I remembered correctly. After all was said and done, counting in the surgeon and anesthesiologist and associated fees....it came up to a little over $72K

Of course, I only paid about $500 of it. (can't remember now what the co-pay was, it was either $250 or $500)

hi SillyViolet sorry to hear of your woes.....were your kids scared by your medical emergency?? your husband was a saint for taking care of you & them thru this ordeal......

i like french vanilla cupcakes..... but have been craving Smith Island cake for 3 days..... i think i shall get one tomorrow

I can say, the $60k didn't sound unreasonable. When we spent 3 weeks in the hospital, Gab's bills came out to around $250, and included ICU, x-rays, a bazillion types of drugs, or fees, etc.

I love cupcakes. I had some vanilla chai flavored cupcakes Saturday that were PHENOMENAL.

Well, I just looked mine up to make sure I remembered correctly. After all was said and done, counting in the surgeon and anesthesiologist and associated fees....it came up to a little over $72K

Of course, I only paid about $500 of it. (can't remember now what the co-pay was, it was either $250 or $500)

Wait. $250,000. I missed some numbers there.

Wait. $250,000. I missed some numbers there.

Wow, I could have sworn you said $250,000 as well. (at least I read it as such)

But heh, $250 would have been nice, wouldn't it?

BTW, My friend Debbie is getting shaved Friday. I am upping my previous donation for the St Baldricks shave in honor of Gabby and in celebration of her being cancer free. Absolutely awesome. I actually cried when you posted it in the other thread.

Edited by Tigz

You all are some callous wenches. That's why I left this place. I heard all about some of you calling my baby ugly on facebook (she is, but have the labia to do it to my face).

I got like a hundred crazed and distraught emails from Snork, when she found out that some were questioning the blackness of Eboni. Eboni IS black. That shouldn't even be a topic of discussion for people who call themselves her friends.

Why would Silly Violet lie about her life to a bunch of internet hags such as yourselves? You haven't caught her in any lies. You have faulty memories and are misunderstanding what she is saying.

DAMN! Y'all get on my nerves.

I could use those brownies, I had surgery yesterday and the percocets haven't kicked in yet.

Uggh.. hope you're feeling better!

I could use those brownies, I had surgery yesterday and the percocets haven't kicked in yet.

Uggh.. hope you're feeling better!

Left side of face in mucho pain. I had jello and green tea so far today. I took a shower, bit not yet the pain pills. I am keeping Cosmo in the kennel until tomorrow afternoon. My mom is bringing me over Kosher chichen soup...aka Jewish Penacillin. She has to be in my area tomorrow, so she will stop by. The bleeeding finally stopped, but I really hurt. Plus my throat is sore as I am difficult to intubate. Thanks for the wishes! Back to work on Monday. Still waiting on pathology report, but cancer is not suspected. My huge "Mini Me" is gone!

You all are some callous wenches. That's why I left this place. I heard all about some of you calling my baby ugly on facebook (she is, but have the labia to do it to my face).

I got like a hundred crazed and distraught emails from Snork, when she found out that some were questioning the blackness of Eboni. Eboni IS black. That shouldn't even be a topic of discussion for people who call themselves her friends.

Why would Silly Violet lie about her life to a bunch of internet hags such as yourselves? You haven't caught her in any lies. You have faulty memories and are misunderstanding what she is saying.

DAMN! Y'all get on my nerves.

I hate it when you get off your meds and go behind Thor'd back and get online.. Nobody is questioning Eboni's blackness. She is for sure more black than Sillyviolet is honest.

I forgot to tell you all about my recent life scare!

I was on a ship, see. Sailing in the Pacific. But the ship started to sink! Luckily, I fell in a lifeboat. With a zebra. I was skurred, but then an Orangutan floated by on some bananas, and got in the boat! Bad news though, a for realz meanyface hyena was on the boat too, hiding. He kilt the zebra, and the monkey. He was gonna eat me too, and he was cackling...he sounded like what I imagine Snork sounds like before she shanks someone with rebar. Anyhow. Right as hyenahead was about to eat me, a BENGAL EFFING TIGER came out from under a canopy, and chomped that hyena up like a goldfish cracker! Phew, amirite?!? So, me and the Tiger floated around, eating fish that magically jumped into our little boat. Richard (the tiger, duh!) wanted to eat me. I could tell he liked fake redheads. But I was awesome, and blowed a whistle that skurred him, so he behaved. We wound up on an uncharted floating island that ate people at night. Aint nobody got time fuhdat, so I snagged some meerkats for ole Dickie, and we set sail again. It sucked, and I was pretty sure we were gonna die. Dickie didn't even look at me and lick his chops anymore (maybe my hairy pits and legs did it). He just kinda laid around doing nothing. We floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floted and floated and floted and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and....is that land? No. Damn. Floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated...and then we washed up in Mexico! And Tricky Dickie ran off into the jungle (and he didn't even say goodbye first), and then I passed out. But some nice brown people found me and took me to a hospital! And I was SAVED, and I should be FAMOUS! Maybe they'll even make a movie out of my terrible, horrific, harrowing, and OBVIOUSLY true story!

You should all like......pray for me, Google some Lifeprotips for me, and totally for sure believe my story. how could you not? I'll disappear in another day or two, but I'll be back! And I bet I'll have another tale of truthiness to regale you with!

I forgot to tell you all about my recent life scare!

I was on a ship, see. Sailing in the Pacific. But the ship started to sink! Luckily, I fell in a lifeboat. With a zebra. I was skurred, but then an Orangutan floated by on some bananas, and got in the boat! Bad news though, a for realz meanyface hyena was on the boat too, hiding. He kilt the zebra, and the monkey. He was gonna eat me too, and he was cackling...he sounded like what I imagine Snork sounds like before she shanks someone with rebar. Anyhow. Right as hyenahead was about to eat me, a BENGAL EFFING TIGER came out from under a canopy, and chomped that hyena up like a goldfish cracker! Phew, amirite?!? So, me and the Tiger floated around, eating fish that magically jumped into our little boat. Richard (the tiger, duh!) wanted to eat me. I could tell he liked fake redheads. But I was awesome, and blowed a whistle that skurred him, so he behaved. We wound up on an uncharted floating island that ate people at night. Aint nobody got time fuhdat, so I snagged some meerkats for ole Dickie, and we set sail again. It sucked, and I was pretty sure we were gonna die. Dickie didn't even look at me and lick his chops anymore (maybe my hairy pits and legs did it). He just kinda laid around doing nothing. We floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floted and floated and floted and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and....is that land? No. Damn. Floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated and floated...and then we washed up in Mexico! And Tricky Dickie ran off into the jungle (and he didn't even say goodbye first), and then I passed out. But some nice brown people found me and took me to a hospital! And I was SAVED, and I should be FAMOUS! Maybe they'll even make a movie out of my terrible, horrific, harrowing, and OBVIOUSLY true story!

You should all like......pray for me, Google some Lifeprotips for me, and totally for sure believe my story. how could you not? I'll disappear in another day or two, but I'll be back! And I bet I'll have another tale of truthiness to regale you with!

Can you mail me some of the stuff you took before you wrote that??? That is some good isht!!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 3348 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.