March TU FICO @ Walmart is up

chugs102

The last post in this topic was posted 3607 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Up 50 to 690!

Wow! Congrats? What'd you dooooo

I paid everything except allowing $10 to report on one card. It has hammered my cash on hand, but that's a short-term thing.

One paid collection was removed as a goodwill deletion.

And somehow, all of my inquiries were removed. <wink>

When my student loan status changes from default to "Paid as Agreed" (in 45-60 days), things will only get better. As soon as that happens, I will apply for a 7.75% Visa from my credit union.

Congrats to everyone

I went up +4 from 607 to 611. Not much of a gain but this is my first week doing all this and a win is a win!!

The only thing I changed was PIF my only two active cards: Merrick (700.00) and Walmart (500.00). Both have zero balances now but were full utilization from last month. (Im)patiently waiting on all my DVs and disputes.

Edited by GoGoMF

I am so excited.... +41 from 662 to 703

Paid off all my Balance's , my credit Utilization is now only 2.0%

I still 1 major problem with CR, the AAOA is only 1.5 years ,

How can I fix this ?

Time. :)

And that's NOT a major problem anyways, mine is only 2 years.

+46 to 723!!! Just from getting an old IIBed Cap1 account deleted. I can't beleive it made that much of a difference.

Wow, color me jealous. How in the world did you manage that? I've heard CapOne can be a pita!

Well this took quite a bit of work. Disputed it multiple times and then sent a very long and detailed 623 letter. The main thing I had going for me was they had the date of my BK wrong and actually changed it from one wrong date to another wrong date which was after my actual filing date after one of my disputes. Of course I got a BS form reply which was very comical in that it just said they updated the account to report as included in BK "at my request".

I then sent an email to the executive offices with a copy of the 623 letter along with copies of my credit reports highlighted to show the things that were wrong/different between the different reports. I was polite and said I valued our relationship but firmly pointed out that they were violating my rights under FCRA by not reporting 100% accurate information and requested them to delete the tradeline completely and ended with a very vague threat of hoping not to have to resort to other means.

I got a phone call the next day that said they were researching it and about 2 weeks later they let me know they would delete it! The guy did say that they had been sending the correct information to the credit bureaus and it was the bureaus that were "interpreting" it wrong however it would be easier for them to delete than try to fix it. Not sure how much I believe that part, but I wasn't about to quibble about it.

I only wish this same tactic had worked with Chase since they are now my last account from my IIB era on my report, but they seem to hate me...

+46 to 723!!! Just from getting an old IIBed Cap1 account deleted. I can't beleive it made that much of a difference.

Wow, color me jealous. How in the world did you manage that? I've heard CapOne can be a pita!

Well this took quite a bit of work. Disputed it multiple times and then sent a very long and detailed 623 letter. The main thing I had going for me was they had the date of my BK wrong and actually changed it from one wrong date to another wrong date which was after my actual filing date after one of my disputes. Of course I got a BS form reply which was very comical in that it just said they updated the account to report as included in BK "at my request".

I then sent an email to the executive offices with a copy of the 623 letter along with copies of my credit reports highlighted to show the things that were wrong/different between the different reports. I was polite and said I valued our relationship but firmly pointed out that they were violating my rights under FCRA by not reporting 100% accurate information and requested them to delete the tradeline completely and ended with a very vague threat of hoping not to have to resort to other means.

I got a phone call the next day that said they were researching it and about 2 weeks later they let me know they would delete it! The guy did say that they had been sending the correct information to the credit bureaus and it was the bureaus that were "interpreting" it wrong however it would be easier for them to delete than try to fix it. Not sure how much I believe that part, but I wasn't about to quibble about it.

I only wish this same tactic had worked with Chase since they are now my last account from my IIB era on my report, but they seem to hate me...

Sweet Jeepers.... more proof that persistence is key. Can't wait for my hard work to start making a difference. Congrats!

The last post in this topic was posted 3607 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.