Sign in to follow this  
Matti

NFCU Now Accepting Coast Guard

According to NFCU, they have had members from the Coast Guard Academy for years when they were under the Department of Defense umbrella but now they have

extended everyone in the Coast Guard and their families.

Hey FOEPLAY, Do the basic training for the Coast Guard isn't the easiest for sure. Being a NAVY Vet and having friends in the Coast Guard I'd say they were pretty similar. The hardest Basic Training would be the Marines of course. Heard lots of stories form my Dad who was a marine officer in World War II. Really tough physically. The Army boot camp isn't as hard as the Marines but still harder that the Navy & Coast Guard. A lot of field work. In the Navy we never had to stay outside overnight, LOL, unlike the Army & Marines.

IMO I would say the easiest basic training would be the Air Force, by far. Not ragging on the AF at all, have a brother and nephews that are in the AF. Plus it's the HARDEST to join too. They have higher standards than the rest of the branches. But they're basic training isn't as hard physically than the rest.

Happy to hear that NAVY accepts Coast Guard members now. They risk their life daily like the rest of the soldiers, sailors, flyers out there.

Was a lot of physical activity in CG boot camp. A great deal of training and education as well. I remember it being a lot about the "team". Gosh, I have some memories from boot camp... First week there didn't seem too bad. Then we met our company commander! Hell broke loose following.

Good to see they let the "puddle Pirates" into the club.

I don't believe the CG was ever under the Department of Defense umbrella. Before Homeland security they used to belong to the Department of Transportation.

Personally I think a military credit union should allow all services and all veterans, especially if they will allow someone who hasn't served to join because they are related to someone that retired? Makes no sense.

I don't believe the CG was ever under the Department of Defense umbrella. Before Homeland security they used to belong to the Department of Transportation.

Personally I think a military credit union should allow all services and all veterans, especially if they will allow someone who hasn't served to join because they are related to someone that retired? Makes no sense.

Agreed Steve. While I'm not a "veteran", I served my four years Navy and I can't get in. When I was serving, I remember many CO's, etc. imploring us younger guys to join NFCU. Being young and dumb, I didn't. Now I'm on the outside looking in. Oh well.

Seriously though, I attended a family function for new recruits.

Navy Federal was there in force to drum up new recruits too. :D

United States Merchant Marine Academy Midshipmen are eligible to join NFCU i actually use the branch located at there Academy in kings point N.Y

United States Merchant Marine Academy Midshipmen are eligible to join NFCU i actually use the branch located at there Academy in kings point N.Y

Called to join...was told that Merchant Marine are NOT eligible.

Happy 40th Birthday!!! :wave: