Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I want to stiff my Credit Cards, don't care about good credit

The last post in this topic was posted 2829 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Im going to get some White Castle. Im using my credit card. Diff bewteen me and OP here is that I will PIF my bill....

OP why do you want to "stick it to the man?" It dont go like that no mo, big homie.

IMHO, the banking industry has stiffed the American taxpayer for trillions, yet we're still licking their boots...
There was once a "social contract" in this country, which has been broken by the elite, not the people.

The economy is a train-wreck, and there is plenty of blame to go around. If I could find regular employment
at a living wage (hell, ANY wage), I would gladly try to avoid welching. There are no jobs, and folks in my neihborhood have little
interest in making repairs or improvements to the homes in which they live, in part, due to the fact many of
them are living under a cloud of foreclosure. BTW, my gf has always worked, always paid, and never late. It
was emotionally crushing for her to admit defeat and declare bankruptcy. It was humiliation for me to be unable to carry her.

I'm sorry if my very first post was unseemly & glib. Perhaps I was just trying to bolster myself emotionally.

Forgive me for offending the sensibilities of the list members, the moderators, and owners of this forum.

Additionally, I mean no disrespect torwards football enthusiasts.

I will continue to do my research. In the future, I will be more careful about how I go about phrasing my inquiries.

I do not, am not, nor have I ever, encouraged or endorsed fraud.

If one person (company, bank) does a bad thing or gets away with 'murder' does that mean we all should do it?

Fight the good fight. I am poor, but I will maintain my integrity.

Well, if this is your idea of a revolution, we don't allow political rants on this board either. We're not going to help you figure out how to stiff the banks and we're not going to turn into political activists. We learn the laws, our rights, their rights, and play by the rules. If they don't play by the rules, we sue them. You are welcome to engage in political activism, just not here.

Well, if this is your idea of a revolution, we don't allow political rants on this board either. We're not going to help you figure out how to stiff the banks and we're not going to turn into political activists. We learn the laws, our rights, their rights, and play by the rules. If they don't play by the rules, we sue them. You are welcome to engage in political activism, just not here.

very well stated!!!

He's going to "Stiff his creditors"

I almost spit out my drink. That's comedy! What is the point of using this board. You don't need CB to stiff them. Just do it and keep to yourself.

I think once depression has run it's course and he's on the rebound he'll be right back on here with a different login ID asking how to fix his reports.

IMHO, the banking industry has stiffed the American taxpayer for trillions, yet we're still licking their boots...

There was once a "social contract" in this country, which has been broken by the elite, not the people.

The economy is a train-wreck, and there is plenty of blame to go around. If I could find regular employment

at a living wage (hell, ANY wage), I would gladly try to avoid welching. There are no jobs, and folks in my neihborhood have little

interest in making repairs or improvements to the homes in which they live, in part, due to the fact many of

them are living under a cloud of foreclosure. BTW, my gf has always worked, always paid, and never late. It

was emotionally crushing for her to admit defeat and declare bankruptcy. It was humiliation for me to be unable to carry her.

I'm sorry if my very first post was unseemly & glib. Perhaps I was just trying to bolster myself emotionally.

Forgive me for offending the sensibilities of the list members, the moderators, and owners of this forum.

Additionally, I mean no disrespect torwards football enthusiasts.

I will continue to do my research. In the future, I will be more careful about how I go about phrasing my inquiries.

I do not, am not, nor have I ever, encouraged or endorsed fraud.

Also, don't forget creditors could potentially track down and look at your internet postings, never post anything you would not want to be read by everyone in the world, including your creditors.

Regarding your debt issue, be alert to your own frame of mind, if you see yourself as a victim that could potentially be a self-fulfilling prophesy. Look towards the future with an eye towards success and you will be more likely to bring that into your experience than if you are looking forward in a backwards sense that cuts off possibilities with an eye towards failure.

You might find that your creditors are willing to work to reach an agreement that is acceptable to both them and you if you approach them from a more positive stance than that of digging in your feet and refusing to pay anything.

Wrong site. No one here is going to help you purposely stiff your creditors. You'll have to do that on your own without our help. I would usually delete a thread like this but I'll leave it up so the members here can have some fun telling you what you don't want to hear.

From my point of understanding it is a bit unfair to delete these type of threads. I don't want to be mean or hurt anybody's feelings right now, but why everybody can talk and teach each other how to write a dispute letters to CRA's and lie that "I was never late" or "information is incorrect" or anything else. If you want to be honest person, you should close then all these threads, because according to some of you "honest people", if you got into trouble at some point of your life - then you should suffer all these 7 years and wait until collection or late payment dissapears from credit reports. 99% of people who has collections or late payments did not made a payment "on purpose". Someone lost job, someone got a divorce, but payment was not made by you.

So my point is that I don't see any problems here when OP is trying to have some answers just a bit ahead, before he does something that in his life right now is necessary. And of course it is not anybobodys' bussiness but his ONLY. If he decided not to pay, that means he has his own reason. So if we can write some answers for those who did that a while ago and trying to clear things up at this time, I think we can come up with answers for people like OP as well. He will be back in few months or few years anyway asking the same questions, how to dispute or how to delete or what type of letter will work...

So once again - I'm not trying to be rude or mean. "leaving this thread for people to make some fun or ugly comments" - what's my opinion is being rude here. Just my opinion.

Wrong site. No one here is going to help you purposely stiff your creditors. You'll have to do that on your own without our help. I would usually delete a thread like this but I'll leave it up so the members here can have some fun telling you what you don't want to hear.

From my point of understanding it is a bit unfair to delete these type of threads. I don't want to be mean or hurt anybody's feelings right now, but why everybody can talk and teach each other how to write a dispute letters to CRA's and lie that "I was never late" or "information is incorrect" or anything else. If you want to be honest person, you should close then all these threads, because according to some of you "honest people", if you got into trouble at some point of your life - then you should suffer all these 7 years and wait until collection or late payment dissapears from credit reports. 99% of people who has collections or late payments did not made a payment "on purpose". Someone lost job, someone got a divorce, but payment was not made by you.

So my point is that I don't see any problems here when OP is trying to have some answers just a bit ahead, before he does something that in his life right now is necessary. And of course it is not anybobodys' bussiness but his ONLY. If he decided not to pay, that means he has his own reason. So if we can write some answers for those who did that a while ago and trying to clear things up at this time, I think we can come up with answers for people like OP as well. He will be back in few months or few years anyway asking the same questions, how to dispute or how to delete or what type of letter will work...

So once again - I'm not trying to be rude or mean. "leaving this thread for people to make some fun or ugly comments" - what's my opinion is being rude here. Just my opinion.

I think you should spend some more time understanding the spirit and intended use of CB. This has nothing to do with being honest, and everything to due with legally enforcing your rights to gain a beneficial resolution to credit related issues. Do you think the best way to defend yourself and prove your innocence is to tell a police officer the truth; or, do you think the best thing to do is shut your freaking mouth and speak to an attorney? Even though you may be guilty of something, you still have rights...

It is unfortunate that you can't see the difference between someone trying to fix their credit, and someone outright asking how to commit fraud. How many threads on CB for newbies "credit repair journeys" start out with, "I was young and stupid, made some mistakes but I want to fix this"? <----- that is the spirit of the board, well, and to not be kicked around just because you owe some money.

I don't think you're being mean, at least not compared to the CAs I have dealt with...

Edited by Bobbydebt

I think you should spend some more time understanding the spirit and intended use of CB. This has nothing to do with being honest, and everything to due with legally enforcing your rights to gain a beneficial resolution to credit related issues. Do you think the best way to defend yourself and prove your innocence is to tell a police officer the truth; or, do you think the best thing to do is shut your freaking mouth and speak to an attorney? Even though you may be guilty of something, you still have rights...

It is unfortunate that you can't see the difference between someone trying to fix their credit, and someone outright asking how to commit fraud. How many threads on CB for newbies "credit repair journeys" start out with, "I was young and stupid, made some mistakes but I want to fix this"? <----- that is the spirit of the board, well, and to not be kicked around just because you owe some money.

I don't think you're being mean, at least not compared to the CAs I have dealt with...

I think you are misinterpreting his comment. CB has a negative image on other boards because some of the practices here are rather unethical. Anyone who says otherwise is blind and just looking the other way.

Edited by Omnipotent

All I know is that I will NEVER - okay, hope and pray to NEVER go back to the days of having nasty creditors calling my house, my neighbor's house, all of those obvious envelopes in my mail, etc. Making a decision to purposely get into debt is not wise and it will weigh on you for many years, not to mention the damage it does to you physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.

If you can just call and tell your story to your creditors, most of them will take $25 a month until you get back on your feet. You will regret not making the effort!

I totally agree with this.

If dude wants to quit paying thats his choice. Get off your high horses just because you fixed your credit already.

Im not saying its OK to ask how to "stiff" his creditors, it is pretty inappropriate for this board....but JUDGING him based on what hes planning to to isnt either. Most of you did the same thing so stop being naive.

He will be back posting how to fix it just like everyone else. and then he will be one of us. Lol.

I disagree, I'm sorry. The image I had from outside, was not that of being unethical, but more like some members take some practices to the extreme, and when someone is referred here with a problem, it is sometimes with a note of caution to be careful not to get caught up in the extremism. I never had the impression CB encouraged any unethical behavior, and I now that I've been here awhile, I'm happy to see how questionable things are handled by the owners and staff when they do come up.

Sorry, I was responding to post 37, forgot to hit quote.

Edited by pjmaxwellian

BUT all that being said: Bro, I wouldnt do that at ALL

If you only owe a few thousand dollars...TRUST me you will spend that much on deposits for electricity or in higher rates on things like cellular phones and insurance on your pickup truck.

FOR SURE.

If its more like $5000+ then IDK maybe if you REALLY dont have any income and you dont forsee needing to buy another truck or a new shack..then yeah maybe its better to just let it go lol

Like someone posted, almost any creditor is going to accept even payments as low as $25 just to keep you from walking off.\

I WISH I would have worked something out about my student loans back in 2003. $6500 turned into nearly $12000 in only 5 years :/

Not to mention for 5 years I had to put huge $500 deposits for electricity and phones, etc. Rediculously difficult to live comfortably like that :9

There are some aspects of CB that I find uncomfortable - like those which teach people how to get items off their reports based on technicalities when they represent legitimate issues. However, use of those techniques is legal and their mechanism of effect is based on law. That is, they work for removing items when the entities that have placed them cannot perform to the requirements of the law. While some may feel that their use is distasteful or unethical, there is a significant difference between such practices and simple thievery, and I am surprised at those who are trying to equivocate.

To put that in focus, a lawyer winning a case for their client based on a technical violation is not considered unethical. A lawyer teaching his or her client how to steal without detection would be.

There are some aspects of CB that I find uncomfortable - like those which teach people how to get items off their reports based on technicalities when they represent legitimate issues. However, use of those techniques is legal and their mechanism of effect is based on law. That is, they work for removing items when the entities that have placed them cannot perform to the requirements of the law. While some may feel that their use is distasteful or unethical, there is a significant difference between such practices and simple thievery, and I am surprised at those who are trying to equivocate.

To put that in focus, a lawyer winning a case for their client based on a technical violation is not considered unethical. A lawyer teaching his or her client how to steal without detection would be.

Further, I posit that it might be the case that someone sophisticated enough to get items off their credit report due to such technicalities might be a better credit risk and thus should have a higher score...

I was gonna write something incredibly profound and poetic..... but instead... I'll just leave you with this:

trolling.jpg

I disagree, I'm sorry. The image I had from outside, was not that of being unethical, but more like some members take some practices to the extreme, and when someone is referred here with a problem, it is sometimes with a note of caution to be careful not to get caught up in the extremism. I never had the impression CB encouraged any unethical behavior, and I now that I've been here awhile, I'm happy to see how questionable things are handled by the owners and staff when they do come up.

Sorry, I was responding to post 37, forgot to hit quote.

I thought so too but you manipulate the system. You guys screwed up but since you can dispute it and the other party is too busy, you get away with it. Clearly using it to your advantage even when you recognize the debt as being yours. Where is your honesty?

Are you kidding me? You are arguing that using the law to your advantage is equivalent to breaking the law. That's rubbish.

I don't personally agree with some of the practices you mention, but that doesn't mean I can't see the difference between their use and trying to find the easiest way to steal.

In both cases stealing is being aided by the lawyer. Knowingly in both cases as well. If not through fact, through at least a hunch you should know. I mean, you're his lawyer you should lol.

In both cases stealing is being aided by the lawyer. Knowingly in both cases as well. If not through fact, through at least a hunch you should know. I mean, you're his lawyer you should lol.

A good lawyer never asks his or her client if they are guilty.

I do not find it unethical to hold corporations / people accountable to the law. CB users who use the law to their advantage are not doing anything wrong in my opinion. Creditors have more than a few options when someone defaults on a contract. They can re-structure the deal, charge it off, or pursue legal action through the various court systems. Oftentimes, creditors do not pursue lawsuits because they deem doing so as a bad business decision.

Was it unethical when banks began gambling with home loans? YES.

Is it unethical to purposely run up debt when you know you are going to default? YES.

Is it unethical to walk away from debt obligations when you lose a job, become ill, or just can't handle the payments any more? Maybe, but ultimately YOUR agreements with creditors are business decisions. Decisions that come with consequences.

Do you think Trump felt any moral obligation to his creditors before he defaulted on some of his projects?

The last post in this topic was posted 2829 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.