Thanks GECRB (Lowes)

The last post in this topic was posted 2910 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Asked for an increase on our AR lowes account. Asked for a total line of 9000 from 5000 and approved.

Asked for an increase on our BA Lowes account. Asked for 11000 and denied. No counter offer.

I would have really liked the BA account to be at 9K. But I don't have a lot of recent usage with that account and do with the AR.

I do not spend over 200.00 in three months with lowes. Sometimes going three to four months without usage at all (Our BA has no usage within the last 3 months which is why I did not get an increase but figured i'd give it a shot). Just not much there we need there that would add up to much over that. Typically all of our feild supplys and materials we use for jobs come from supply houses other than lowes and home depot. None of which report anywhere unfortunatly.

I have never had that happen before. With this account, GE or any other issuer.Personal or business. I had a CLI from 1500 to 5000 over a year ago. And now a cli from 5000 to 9000. I understand what your getting at and why 100%. It's just not common for that to happen these days. With personal or business cards. Much more common to not have a line increased in the first place than for this to happen.

The ONLY time I have EVER PERSONALLY heard of a cl DECREASE was due to deragatory information, either recent or recently discovered.

It's more typical once you get over $5k with GE from what I have seen with others. I have seen it happen with a bunch of people and my self. My limit was $10k but I was easliy spending $5k plus a month for awhile. But then I started buying more supplies online when possible since it was a big cost savings. About 9 months after not much use they bumped it down. The reason I was given was because it was not be utilized.

This happens with Citi also.

The increase was fine, but the first one basically had them giving you their new exposure level for you in general. It's not so much you didn't use the other account much. GE tends to be exposure conscious and had you at maximum after the first request. There was simply no more exposure to grant you in general. When the underwriters look at your file with them, they are already seeing all the accounts and overall exposure. Usage will play into it, but I dare say you could have used BA account a lot and you still would have been declined if the first request used up all their extra risk they were willing to grant you overall.

More often than not with these Big creditors like GE, Citi, Chase, etc... you have an underwriter who is looking at ALL of your credit they have granted you and factoring the exposure accordingly.

The increase was fine, but the first one basically had them giving you their new exposure level for you in general. It's not so much you didn't use the other account much. GE tends to be exposure conscious and had you at maximum after the first request. There was simply no more exposure to grant you in general. When the underwriters look at your file with them, they are already seeing all the accounts and overall exposure. Usage will play into it, but I dare say you could have used BA account a lot and you still would have been declined if the first request used up all their extra risk they were willing to grant you overall.

More often than not with these Big creditors like GE, Citi, Chase, etc... you have an underwriter who is looking at ALL of your credit they have granted you and factoring the exposure accordingly.

+1

Some times you can even get them to move some of that credit to your other accounts that you may use more often.. Like he said its a overall view.

If you don't use most of your limits at some point sooner or later they will bump you down to free it up for others which is what they should be doing.

And I was

+1

Some times you can even get them to move some of that credit to your other accounts that you may use more often.. Like he said its a overall view.

If you don't use most of your limits at some point sooner or later they will bump you down to free it up for others which is what they should be doing.

And I'm not just talking about GE the other larger companies and small alike will do this.

• 1 month later...

I just received my two letters for the requested cli. The account that was approved had eq listed as being pulled. The account that was denied had dnb listed. And to be honest, that's probably why I got denied. Not a whole lot on dnb for us.

Hi! Do you have any suggestions for accounts to open to build EQ/EX business report? Thanks!

The last post in this topic was posted 2910 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.