Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Cards I Got But Didn't Want/Need...

The last post in this topic was posted 2234 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I finally had to dump my Best Buy MC this year after several attempts to waive the AF and even taking a HP for a CLI request from $300 (the limit it had been for 4 years) which was subsequently denied. Horrible, horrible card. If only I had known then what I know now, my rebuilding would have been so much more productive.

I think that Citi likes when people close the BB cards, I had a BB card which was at $300, as soon as I closed it I received a pre-approval for the Citi Thank You for $4k, and a HD that I haven't responded to.

Yeah Citi has SP'd my EQ 3 times since I closed it and I am preapproved now for 5 of their cards. Go figure.

I've got a few that I'd close if not for age. Have a Merrick card that started as a Hooters account when I was rebuilding. Was really happy for the TL at the time and used it despite the embarrassment factor fairly regularly for a while. Now it's in the sock drawer costing me 4 bucks a month until I decide enough is enough. Probably sooner than later.

Shell and Home Depot are pretty worthless at this point too with no rewards and toy limits. At least they're not hurting me with AFs.

I've got a few that I'd close if not for age. Have a Merrick card that started as a Hooters account when I was rebuilding. Was really happy for the TL at the time and used it despite the embarrassment factor fairly regularly for a while. Now it's in the sock drawer costing me 4 bucks a month until I decide enough is enough. Probably sooner than later.

Shell and Home Depot are pretty worthless at this point too with no rewards and toy limits. At least they're not hurting me with AFs.

Isn't that Hooters card a collectors' item?

Stupid Blue Nile. Cause I can really afford to purchase diamonds and PIF. What was I thinking?

However, I just discovered a really interesting use for my Sportsman's Guide Visa. Thanks!

Stupid Blue Nile. Cause I can really afford to purchase diamonds and PIF. What was I thinking?

However, I just discovered a really interesting use for my Sportsman's Guide Visa. Thanks!

Even though technically still a deer, a doe that's attracted to diamonds would still be considered a gold digger.

Even though technically still a deer, a doe that's attracted to diamonds would still be considered a gold digger.

A Doe just wants the right Buck :grin:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYo4wIRQeU8iSNI58Lu4-3Z7ztY7Xl1thDtPGC_HyoRVI3Fi43zg

B of A Travel Rewards. Wanted a C&P with no AF, no FTF and an honest limit. What I got was a lousy $2500 limit and an 18.99% after intro rate. But hey, I get 10000 points that I may or may not bother redeeming after $500 spend. WooHoo!!

Serious buyers remorse. They double pulled TU and EQ, reported the TL the NEXT day, didn't bother to send the card right away (rcvd 11 days after approval) and SP'd me twice in a week and a half.

Makes me feel dirty and less than worthy, like I should somehow be thankful they extended their royal hand of generosity. :sorry:

Should have just followed through with that SDFCU 6.99% app. I refused to take the hit on EX and stood my ground. Regretfully, I could have most likely walked away from that with a 10K TL.

I truly want to shred this thing as we speak. This spree was all about building TL's and relationships, and making my credit work for me, but I'm not sure I want a relationship with B of A at this point.

When I was rebuilding I did the shopping cart trick with commenity and went overboard. The feeling of being approved was like a drug. I ended up with five of them that night. Three of them are for overweight women which is funny bc my wife is 105 lbs. I literally have zero use for them. The only one that is remotely useful is Brylane home but I still don't use it. I can't complain though, they served their purpose. Just wish I only apped for two or three, not five.

sent via tapatalk

Three of them are for overweight women

sent via tapatalk

One can buy overweight women with a credit card?

Minimum score? Are they inquiry sensitive? BK friendly?

...asking for a friend...

When I was rebuilding I did the shopping cart trick with commenity and went overboard. The feeling of being approved was like a drug. I ended up with five of them that night. Three of them are for overweight women which is funny bc my wife is 105 lbs. I literally have zero use for them. The only one that is remotely useful is Brylane home but I still don't use it. I can't complain though, they served their purpose. Just wish I only apped for two or three, not five.

sent via tapatalk

If your wife is only 3'7" tall that could still be overweight.

:rofl:

sent via tapatalk

Friend, RIGHT!! :rofl:

All PM'S for purchasing overweight women have been replied to. Price depends on location and weight desired. I was approved with 600-620's across all three bureaus with plenty of inq's so it's not overly hard to get.

sent via tapatalk

Comenity Fuel Rewards Network MC - Doesn't have rewards useful to me, as even with the discount Shell Gas is still higher than most around here. 11k limit, so I prob won't cancel it.

Jared's - Got while rebuilding. Haven't used it in about 18 mos. Surprised they haven't cancelled it yet. 7.6k limit

Dillard's AMEX - Sees little use. Got it to help with utilization. Int rate is high, closest Dillard's is 2 states away. 7.5k limit

This is probably just the start of the cards I should cancel. Seriously thinking about cancelling Jared's and Dilard's, would not affect utilization at all. I have WAY too many cards to manage.

Comenity Fuel Rewards Network MC - Doesn't have rewards useful to me, as even with the discount Shell Gas is still higher than most around here. 11k limit, so I prob won't cancel it.

Jared's - Got while rebuilding. Haven't used it in about 18 mos. Surprised they haven't cancelled it yet. 7.6k limit

Dillard's AMEX - Sees little use. Got it to help with utilization. Int rate is high, closest Dillard's is 2 states away. 7.5k limit

This is probably just the start of the cards I should cancel. Seriously thinking about cancelling Jared's and Dilard's, would not affect utilization at all. I have WAY too many cards to manage.

If you decide to cancel, try to use & PIF them for $1 or so first.

That will benefit your AAOA in the future, because closed accounts usually vanish from EQ and TU 10 years after the date of last activity, not the date of closure.

Discover It

Fifth Third Cash Rewards

I don't use these, ever. All they do is hurt my AAOA. I apped for them before I had the level of knowledge I do now. I guess I got impatient when I finally got clean reports.

Discover It

Fifth Third Cash Rewards

I don't use these, ever. All they do is hurt my AAOA. I apped for them before I had the level of knowledge I do now. I guess I got impatient when I finally got clean reports.

it

I'm actually regretting the US Bank Alumni Visa I got last year. I thought it'd be great to get in the door with US Bank and the line would grow with me. It hasn't. It's almost a year (card opened July 2013) and every CLI request has been denied. It has zero rewards and now is my lowest limit for a major card. I'm seriously considering closing it in July if they don't come up with a CLI. I altoids boxed it (my equivalent of the sockdrawer - cards I don't use are stored in an Altoids Box in a drawer). I've given the card good usage before sticking it in the Altoids box this month out of sheer frustration when I was denied AGAIN for a CLI.

I'm actually regretting the US Bank Alumni Visa I got last year. I thought it'd be great to get in the door with US Bank and the line would grow with me. It hasn't. It's almost a year (card opened July 2013) and every CLI request has been denied. It has zero rewards and now is my lowest limit for a major card. I'm seriously considering closing it in July if they don't come up with a CLI. I altoids boxed it (my equivalent of the sockdrawer - cards I don't use are stored in an Altoids Box in a drawer). I've given the card good usage before sticking it in the Altoids box this month out of sheer frustration when I was denied AGAIN for a CLI.

Ah, jeez... that's worse than my WF card!! No rewards and a stagnant CL? At least I have terrible rewards! :P

Ah, jeez... that's worse than my WF card!! No rewards and a stagnant CL? At least I have terrible rewards! :P

Pretty much. I thought it was a decent card when I applied because while its tied to one of my alumni societies they have different tiers of cards branded with the logo. I figured after a good six months of usage (which I used and PIF) that I'd get something. Nope. Every CLI request or request to add rewards, lower the APR, etc has been declined. My WF card has no rewards either but at least it has a decent CL and started as a secured card so it has a nice history.

I'm giving US Bank until July when the card hits a year. Otherwise, I'm seriously contemplating calling to cancel it.

The last post in this topic was posted 2234 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.