Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Hype, am I the only one not getting it?

The last post in this topic was posted 2895 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I must be the only one who is not impressed with the iPhone. After using my friend's iPhone (he said that my Samsung Galaxy's driving directions sucks. It doesn't), I think that his phone is lousy. I really hate the set up of his phone and that tiny screen is horrible. Am I the only one who hasn't bought into that Apple hype?

I must be the only one who is not impressed with the iPhone. After using my friend's iPhone (he said that my Samsung Galaxy's driving directions sucks. It doesn't), I think that his phone is lousy. I really hate the set up of his phone and that tiny screen is horrible. Am I the only one who hasn't bought into that Apple hype?

No. I've had an iPhone for a couple of years (work-issued) and I don't l love mine either. It's just another phone in a long line of phones, past, present and future, as far as I'm concerned.

Nope. Apples are the Toyotas of the tech world, IMO. People buy them because they don't know any better, and it's the least offensive choice. Yeah, they make a wonderful product. But really it isn't any better than anything else on the market.

I was reading the latest survey of teens and young adults, and it said that Apple products were no longer "cool." I chuckled at that a little bit. I have a friend (works at VZW, actually) who was all about the fruit-based phone. Now he got a new Windows phone and loves it. Windows, of all things.

Nope. Apples are the Toyotas of the tech world, IMO. People buy them because they don't know any better, and it's the least offensive choice. Yeah, they make a wonderful product. But really it isn't any better than anything else on the market.

I was reading the latest survey of teens and young adults, and it said that Apple products were no longer "cool." I chuckled at that a little bit. I have a friend (works at VZW, actually) who was all about the fruit-based phone. Now he got a new Windows phone and loves it. Windows, of all things.

I'm ready to blow up my PC since I upgraded to Windows 8, but that's another story.

I'm ready to blow up my PC since I upgraded to Windows 8, but that's another story.

Oh, and Office 2013 will not work either (none of the programs will even start).

Windows 8...well...yeah that is another story. It's a lot like Vista, I guess, in the way that everyone hates it. I was honestly seriously considering buying a Mac...but I just can't justify over $2000 for a computer.

Me too.

ther are free/ under 10 dollar shell programs that will revert back to 7's interface for you..search on cnet for some good ones

Me too.

Me three. I need to look into this win7 shell business.

I just got my new S3 and I love it. My DW has an Iphone and I can't stand it. The screen is too small and the keyboard spacing isn't enough for my fingers. I do however like her Ipad Mini.

She said the S3 was a monster compared to her iphone. Maybe, but I like to see what I'm looking at. That and it's way faster than her phone.

I just got the iPhone 5 after having the 4 for a year and a half. I almost got the galaxy s3 but I had horrible, horrible luck with several android phones. So, I decided to stick with Apple as I have never had an issue. However, I am not one of those people who waits in line for days whenever Apple comes out with something new. And, I won't upgrade early and pay full price. I also have an iPad 2 and won't get a new one until that one dies.

via tapatalk

I'm an Apple hater as much as the next human, but probably not for the reasons why most do.

I absolutely agree that Apple is the Toyota of the gadget world. And along those lines, you'd never catch me buying a Toyota either. Boring, uninspiring, flat... the list goes on. Apple makes a fine phone, it works as described (in most cases), just as Toyota makes a working vehicle; but for me, I guess I need more than just fine. Why drive a Toyota when I can drive a BMW or Maserati? I can't justify that.

But even more than that, I don't like being told how I can use my devices. If I buy a product, I want to use it how I please. I don't want to be limited to crappy programs like iTunes if I want to put music on my device.

Edited by bobgodd

Tech analysts are reviewing the trend and say that the apple fad is toward it's end. For a long time having an apple was a status symbol, and people bought into it because they believed all the bs that the company was spewing.. Now that it has had a lot of exposure and people are finding out most of the hype is false.. the "coolness" is fading away..

I have grown to detest.......no, loathe......no, deplore..........no, wait.......despise..........no.....ummmm...........HATE Android. My contract is up in less than 2 weeks and I plan on buying an iPhone.

I'm an Apple whore.

I hated Apple, until I got an IPhone. Then? My husband bought me a MacBook Air for Christmas.

I also drive a Toyota Highlander.

I drink the kool-aid, and it's quite yummy with vodka.

The reality is that Android devices do not have anywhere near the stability or safety profile that iOS devices do. And in most cases, they also do not have the same build quality. I'm sure the droid minions will dispute this, but anyone who has used both platforms objectively will be willing to admit that iOS is more stable and less subject to malware and hacks. As far as build quality goes, you only have to put the average Android handset next to an iPhone to verify the fact.

None of the foregoing is necessarily an argument against Android... but it does form a more rational basis for explaining Apple's success than asserting that everyone who buys their products is either clueless or simply being a shallow status fiend.

Edited by SomeGuyInCA

I didn't get an iPhone because of any kind of status or hype. Purely for function and it does what I need. With Android, I had issues with: calls not going through (incoming and outgoing when having full signal), messages not going through (incoming and outgoing when having full signal), crashes, loss of signal, and horrible sound quality. All these issues were with Motorola phones. The HTC phone I had was ok (G1). I almost gave the Samsung a try but didn't want to be stuck with it if it didn't work out.

Different phones work for different people. I used android for a while and then went iPhone. I had to send my iPhone in for service and tried a modern Android with the Gnex, I couldn't wait to get my iPhone back. For me it's two main things: car connectivity is far far superior with iPhone. And the way the whole ecosystem works.

With my car you plug in the iPhone and everything works. Info comes up on the display, you can browse content via the touch screen and even the steering wheel controls work. With android neither my work car nor my personal car with aftermarket stereo even recognize it.

The apple ecosystem is very nice. iPhone with and MacBook and Apple TV is a great combo. Everything syncs perfectly and airplay is awesome.

My other main gripe with android is when a new update to the OS comes out your looking at months for your phone to get updated, if ever.

I can certainly see where android is attractive with the customization aspect but for me apple and the iPhone wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by boomhower1820

I like both. I have an android phone and an IPAD. I've played around dozens of times with friends' iphones and like those too. My issue with the iphone is the small screen. I've gotten used to surfing the net on gigantic android screens. Doing so on the iphone seems tiny in comparison. But I still like Apple's ecosystem.

It's no secret that I have and prefer the iPhone. I have the ability to do anything I need with it and if it doesn't come "stock", there's an app that handles it. Prior to iPhone, I used blackberry and wasn't happy with it. I don't really understand the complaints of a small screen on iPhone, I remember when people used to comment "damn that thing is big". Maybe people are not aware that you can pinch the screen to make it larger if need be? but I find the screen just perfect. In addition, I usually use the desktop sites for my viewing rather than the mobile versions.

The android I have is for certain biz purposes. I don't carry it on me day to day, but it's accessible. I've tried numerous androids and while I'm not enamored with any of them, my vote goes with the HTC versions. They have excellent reception and the browsing capabilities are unmatched in the android world.

Edited by TrevorHere

Windows 8...well...yeah that is another story. It's a lot like Vista, I guess, in the way that everyone hates it. I was honestly seriously considering buying a Mac...but I just can't justify over $2000 for a computer.

I think they will grow to regret 8 like they regretted Vista. Both are atrocious and show a great lack of understanding in their customer base. Now WIndows 7? I love it. But nothing will ever beat XP. Can we get XP back?

The reality is that Android devices do not have anywhere near the stability or safety profile that iOS devices do. And in most cases, they also do not have the same build quality. I'm sure the droid minions will dispute this, but anyone who has used both platforms objectively will be willing to admit that iOS is more stable and less subject to malware and hacks. As far as build quality goes, you only have to put the average Android handset next to an iPhone to verify the fact.

None of the foregoing is necessarily an argument against Android... but it does form a more rational basis for explaining Apple's success than asserting that everyone who buys their products is either clueless or simply being a shallow status fiend.

I disagree that that is "the reality." I think it is a perception from a great many people that have not played in depth with Android or have relied on the bastardized versions of Android that comes on many phones. I have used both platforms and while I liked my iPhone 4S, I love my Galaxy SIII. Beyond that, my iPhone 4S had to be replaced...many times...due to crappy build quality. Can't say anything about the S III since I've only had it a few weeks.

The last post in this topic was posted 2895 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.