Sign in to follow this  
PsychoScore

Transunion online dispute- no obsolete box? help please

ok.. 2 bozos on here convinced me to dispute as obsolete on TU. You know who you are.

I told them this gives me anxiety.

They assured me it was easy.

Now I am at the dispute page and there is NO obsolete option.

2 Bozos now silent.

I slay thee for leaving me high and dry! LOL

Seriously... what the hell do I check off?

anyone?

Edited by PsychoScore

Send a letter by mail, CMRR. Seriously, don't try to dispute anything online. Not even if they provide the perfect box to check!

gotcha.. I misunderstood. Thank you for responding!

The nice member who gave me advice in other thread got back to me. I take back my Bozo & Slaying comments. You know who you are.

In my defense, it was affectionate anxiety disorder.

Peace

:angel:

Uh, select "other" and type in the reason?

STOP IT! I almost had her talked into NOT doing any online disputes! :wave:

Lol. Irrationality goads me on. How could one NOT respond to that original post.

Lol. Irrationality goads me on. How could one NOT respond to that original post.

:grin:

I did this once with TU. Checked "other" and typed in DUPLICATE accounts, same account, two numbers, etc. It came back verified as mine.

As BDK said, mail it.

ok.. 2 bozos on here convinced me to dispute as obsolete on TU. You know who you are.

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

Sorry, I was out earning a living. :)

I used the online dispute process and chose "other", and explained in the notes that the seven-year reporting period had elapsed.

That worked both times I tried with TU. One was gone in 12 hours; the other took about 18 hours, but I stupidly also did an address and a phone number dispute at the same time in my second online dispute. Even though those were both also decided in my favor, I just wished I hadn't bitten of so much for one online dispute, when all I cared about was the negative TL dropping.

--Bozo #1

Edited by cv91915

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

I used the online dispute process and chose "other", and explained in the notes that the seven-year reporting period had elapsed.

That worked both times I tried with TU. One was gone in 12 hours; the other took about 18 hours, but I stupidly also did an address and a phone number dispute at the same time in my second online dispute. Even though those were both also decided in my favor, I just wished I hadn't bitten of so much for one online dispute, when all I cared about was the negative TL dropping.

--Bozo #1

Dear Bozo #1

I sincerely apologize for any name calling I have bandied about, or the threat of bloodshed.

I myself have just gotten back from making a living, so I completley understand your excuse for ditching me today.

That being said, I have never disputed anything online other than incorrect address a few years ago, and was not prepared for the unending choices facing me on the dispute page. None of which had the word "obsolete"

I had ringing in my ears phrases such as:

"easy, breezy dispute" ( Bozo#2) & "Come'on Slugger, swing for the fence! It is definitely time for an obsolete dispute! "(again Bozo #2) He has since redeemed himself :wave:

and....

"An online obsolete dispute with TU will take you less than a minute and it should be resolved in 12 hours. C'mon. You know you want to..." (Bozo#1)

as well as...

"I had the same kind of anxiety about my first AND my second online obsolete disputes. Now, when the day comes for the last two, I'll just

say "Whatev," and let it fly!!" ( Bozo#1")

So you see, I was a bit pumped up and anxious at the same time when I went to dispute, only to feel like a complete salamander when I got there. Plus, I felt abandoned by the peanut gallery to boot.

Qwerty 4's comment didn't help. I may slay thee :ph34r:

That all being said, I sincerely thank you for your help.

So far, I disputed nothing, and also app'd for nothing, but it was one rollicking ride.

It's february, it's cold, and I hope at least some of us got a giggle from this. I know I did.

Peace.

This may date me a bit but back in my day I learned never to dispute online.

That and never take wooden nickels...

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

--Bozo #1

Dear Bozo #1

I sincerely apologize for any name calling I have bandied about, or the threat of bloodshed.

I myself have just gotten back from making a living, so I completley understand your excuse for ditching me today.

That being said, I have never disputed anything online other than incorrect address a few years ago, and was not prepared for the unending choices facing me on the dispute page. None of which had the word "obsolete"

"easy, breezy dispute" ( Bozo#2) & "Come'on Slugger, swing for the fence! It is definitely time for an obsolete dispute! "(again Bozo #2) He has since redeemed himself :wave:

and....

"An online obsolete dispute with TU will take you less than a minute and it should be resolved in 12 hours. C'mon. You know you want to..." (Bozo#1)

as well as...

"I had the same kind of anxiety about my first AND my second online obsolete disputes. Now, when the day comes for the last two, I'll just

So you see, I was a bit pumped up and anxious at the same time when I went to dispute, only to feel like a complete salamander when I got there. Plus, I felt abandoned by the peanut gallery to boot.

So far, I disputed nothing, and also app'd for nothing, but it was one rollicking ride.

It's february, it's cold, and I hope at least some of us got a giggle from this. I know I did.

Peace.

There are definitely two schools of thought on this. I can only speak to the one from which I graduated. :) Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. If you change your mind please let us know the outcome.

In the mean time, I will set aside my illustrious career so I can be standing by whenever you may need something. Food and heat and other necessities be damned! ;)

[Honks red nose]

Regards,

Bozo #1

Edited by cv91915

For substantive disputes I couldn't agree more, but for phone numbers, addresses, "almost obsolete" tradelines... all have been taken care of with both TUC and EFX with online disputes.

EXP sucks no matter what you try. I wouldn't recommend an online/obsolete dispute with them. My one and only attempt just got the tradeline updated by the OC. Nothing worse than what it was, but still, they did reach out to the OC and try to validate... which wasn't exactly the desired outcome. ;)

TU seems to have automated the responses to obsolete online disputes... their programming logic seems to just accept the dispute, delete the TL, put in an artificial 12-hour delay to create the illusion of a real investigation, and then notify you of the delete! I'm pretty convinced this is how it works if the TL is within 3 months of disappearing anyway! Just my opinion, of course... :angel:

For substantive disputes I couldn't agree more, but for phone numbers, addresses, "almost obsolete" tradelines... all have been taken care of with both TUC and EFX with online disputes.

EXP sucks no matter what you try. I wouldn't recommend an online/obsolete dispute with them. My one and only attempt just got the tradeline updated by the OC. Nothing worse than what it was, but still, they did reach out to the OC and try to validate... which wasn't exactly the desired outcome. ;)

TU seems to have automated the responses to obsolete online disputes... their programming logic seems to just accept the dispute, delete the TL, put in an artificial 12-hour delay to create the illusion of a real investigation, and then notify you of the delete! I'm pretty convinced this is how it works if the TL is within 3 months of disappearing anyway! Just my opinion, of course... :angel:

I totally agree with this. I think some of my previous advice was misconstrued.. I also have had great success with addresses only on TU and EQ's online dispute systems.

For Equifax, it is: https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/

For TU.. it is http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/credit-disputes.page (that one doesn't seem to yield very goo dresults,) or https://disclosure.transunion.com/dc/disclosure/disclosure.jsp <-- BE CAREFUL WITH!

Mail works, too.. and for anything serious, it is the way to go. USPS CM-RRR.

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

Peace.

If the instructions were too complicated, I'd be happy to break it down in to simpler steps. ;)

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

--Bozo #1

Dear Bozo #1

and....

as well as...

Peace.

There are definitely two schools of thought on this. I can only speak the one from which I graduated. :) Good luck to you whatever you decided to do. If you change your mind please let us know the outcome.

[Honks red nose]

Regards,

Bozo #1

I've been thru both "schools". I've have successfully "graduated" from both gratefully. :blush: One way *can* be quick and easy microwavable, the other like a Ronko - set it and forget it! You just have to decide for yourself which way to go.

But the default CB-way is to do it paper letter via USPS. ;)

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

--Bozo #1

Dear Bozo #1

and....

as well as...

Peace.

There are definitely two schools of thought on this. I can only speak the one from which I graduated. :) Good luck to you whatever you decided to do. If you change your mind please let us know the outcome.

[Honks red nose]

Regards,

Bozo #1

I've been thru both "schools". I've have successfully "graduated" from both gratefully. :blush: One way *can* be quick and easy microwavable, the other like a Ronko - set it and forget it! You just have to decide for yourself which way to go.

But the default CB-way is to do it paper letter via USPS. ;)

I've been known to run with scissors. Different strokes... :)

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

"2 bozos now silent" LOL!!

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

C'mon, I commented AND honked my big red nose. Hardly silent!

-Bozo #1

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

:stop: Not likely.... :lol:

- Bozo #2

2 Bozos now silent.

anyone?

:stop: Not likely.... :lol:

- Bozo #2

+1

Come out and play Psycho! Let us have some more fun today! :blush2::P

BDK is gunning for the coveted upgrade from Bozo to Satan.

Edited by cv91915

Come out and play Psycho! Let us have some more fun today! :blush2::P

BDK is gunning for the coveted upgrade from Bozo to Satan.

Aw, come on. I'd settle for Bad Influence though! :)