Thank you WhyChat!!! +60 points Fako

The last post in this topic was posted 3096 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I sent off my initial dispute letters to EX,EQ and TU a week ago. I pull all three reports with USAA CCMP on a near daily basis. Today when I logged in my TU Fako had jumped up over 60 points! I promptly checked my account history and all 7 medical collections I had on the report are gone! This gives me a lot of encouragement that EQ and EX will probably follow suit.

Thank you so much for all your help! You're a real asset to this board and we're lucky to have you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gives me encouragement! I just started the process- opted out, disputed old addy/numbers, and now I'm trying to decide where to go from here. Hearing your success stories gives me hope that mine will also have a positive outcome! Oh what a happy day that will be!

How much was the total debt that jumped your score 60 points? That's a BIG jump! Congratulations! Hope the other two follow suit and your report gets fixed. :)

Congrats on the removals!!! From what I've read and personal experience, TU is by far the easiest to get CO's removed. Mine was gone within a day of them recieving the dispute. EX is a harder nut to crack and you may have to fight a few rounds with them to succeed. Keep at it and you'll make improvements!!

• 2 weeks later...

Heard back from TU and EX today. TU confirmed in their letter that the items had been deleted. EX only responded back to one of the several accounts I disputed saying they already investigated it and found it to be accurate and will not investigate it again. That one is only a $25 collection set to come off early next year anyway so I'm not too worried about it but the more recent ones I definatley want off there.

Haha this is interesting. My EX Fako jumped a few points. They ended up deleting the $25 medical collection they just said a few days ago they wouldn't re-investigate!

Interesting, something similar happened to me as well. EX verified and it fell off my reports a few days later.

The HIPAA letter program is far more annoying to the CRAs than a "squeaking wheel".

A squeaking wheel is what you might get with on line disputes, handled automatically by their computer systems, but a SNAIL MAIL paper dispute that must be READ by a live human being in the USA is more like a MONKEY WRENCH in their system.

The HIPAA letter program is far more annoying to the CRAs than a "squeaking wheel".

A squeaking wheel is what you might get with on line disputes, handled automatically by their computer systems, but a SNAIL MAIL paper dispute that must be READ by a live human being in the USA is more like a MONKEY WRENCH in their system.

lol fair enough. I'm just glad we have you here to provide us with the monkey wrenches to throw at the CRA's!

lol fair enough. I'm just glad we have you here to provide us with the monkey wrenches to throw at the CRA's!

Seconded

Any idea what percentage of medical collections are deleted with the initial medical dispute letter sent to the CRA? I am hopeful that at least some of my medical collections will be deleted with this first step.

It depends on the individual situation. Start your OWN thread for advise that will be pertinent to YOUR situation.

Why Chat ! I have pulled my credit reports and I found a medical collections bill that was reported almost 2yrs ago and it was due to a No-Show fee of $25. It was reported to Equifax and because of it, my credit score has dropped tremendously. what do you recommend? does the HIPPA law will work for me? I need help since my goal is to purchase a home within the next 6 months. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

WhyChat- I received a response from one of the CA's today in response to my CRA initial dispute letter.

It's a typical CA statement showing the balance owed and ways to pay. It also states:

"Our office has received an inquiry or dispute regarding this collection item
on your credit profile. Any effort to alter or remove this item will be
contested. Contact this office for further details or payoff
instructions."

To recap, I received a hard copy response from TU that all medical items I disputed were removed. I have not received a response yet from EX or EQ and we're fast approaching the 30 days since they should have received my dispute, I believe I have to wait for them to chime in to proceed with the next step but I wanted to keep this thread updated with what's going on.

WhyChat- I'm a little confused about the part where it says send a separate letter to the CA in the same envelope for each CRA the CA is reporting to. Originally this account was reported to all 3. EQ and TU have deleted based on my initial dispute letter. Should I just send one letter referencing the CA account number as reported on my EX report?

Or should I send one letter using the account number on the letter I received from the CA?

Or maybe still send one for each CRA? If I go that route do I just replace the words in the letter "credit reports" with EX,TU or EQ?

?? Since you are sending to a CA who is not yet reporting you should replace the phrase with this:

Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist
any and all collection activities, including any current or future reporting of; or verifying of this account on my credit reports.

The last post in this topic was posted 3096 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.