Sign in to follow this  
foeplay

Is this an NFCU CLI denial?

Never seen this message before so wondering if anyone has received this and what the outcome was... thanks

Your credit limit increase request for $20,000.00 has been submitted for further review.
A decision will be made in approximately 3-5 business days. A letter will be mailed advising you of the credit decision. You can update your contact information in Update My Personal Profile.

If you are approved for an increase it will show up fairly quickly. If not, you will get a denial letter.

One time I got the 3-5 day message the higher limit showed the next business day after my request.

Another time I got the 3-5 day message, I never saw an increase online and got the denial letter a few days later.

If you are approved for an increase it will show up fairly quickly. If not, you will get a denial letter.

One time I got the 3-5 day message the higher limit showed the next business day after my request.

Another time I got the 3-5 day message, I never saw an increase online and got the denial letter a few days later.

Wife has had the same thing happen got the 3-5 day message. Next morning when she logged into her account the increase was there.

So it's not an out right denial...

Never seen this message before so wondering if anyone has received this and what the outcome was... thanks

Your credit limit increase request for $20,000.00 has been submitted for further review.

A decision will be made in approximately 3-5 business days. A letter will be mailed advising you of the credit decision. You can update your contact information in Update My Personal Profile.

I got the same thing when I asked for the bump to $20k. Increase showed up in less than 24 hours.

Depends, has the inq shown up yet?

Foe,

A couple of weeks ago I requested 20k on my Platinum (it was at $11k) and it was an immediate approval. Then I requested 40k on my Nrewards (it was at $25k) and got the exact same message you posted. The next mornning I saw the inquiry on TU and around 9:00 am I got a call from NFCU requesting proof of income. I'm a consultant so I get paid once per month andI don't get regular pay stubs. I explained this to the lady who called. I told her I could send my 1099, bank stmt showing deposits for 7 months, and the vendor payable report from the firm I work for. She told me to send what proof I have and she would give it to the credit committee. I also told her my next payday would be 4 days from that day and asked if I should wait to submit documents until my January payment came in. She told me they keep the request open for 2 weeks and it would not hurt to wait the 4 days and include my January income.

A couple of days later their letter arrived requesting proof of income.

Fast forward 4 days, and I made a $7500 payment on my NFCU account and wrote a note to the credit committee explaining I did not intend to utilize the additional credit line; that I want to buy a house in the next 2-3 years and I wanted higher credit lines to make it easier to qualify for a mortgage in the future. I faxed everything over on Friday morning, and logged in on Saturday afternoon and saw my credit line was $35k.

In my experience this means they need addititional documentation; not a denial.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Foe, recent experience. DW asked for CLI 25k to 30k. Got 3 to 5 days message. Logged in next day, BAMM approved. I tried 24.5 to 30k. Got 3 to 5 day message. Received denial letter 10 days later "excessive obligations"". Just got new corvette in September.

Good luck.