Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

What's your Job Occupation?

The last post in this topic was posted 2766 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Maid, dog walker, launderer (of clothing, not money sadly), 3 star chef (what can I say, not every meal is a winner), social engineer, medic, financial advisor, accountant, psychologist, counselor, chauffeur, body guard, and teacher.

All of which is paid for in kisses (sometimes slobbery, sometimes snotty) and hugs. And sometimes (very rarely) being allowed to use the restroom with the door closed and no one barging in. :lol:

I'm also a full time student for 9 more weeks!

I'll answer truthfully since this is actually relevant to my current status.

I am on the verge of being unemployed, because I won’t move with my job to Florida (pukey face). For the last 10ish years I’ve been an electronics technician, for the last 4 with a major defense contractor. I’m far from rich, but I’m not poor either. I have no degree. What I’m finding now, is that nobody wants to hire me without a degree. So I guess it’s time for me to go back to school.

I’m probably looking at a potential career change, since I have to learn something new in school anyway. At this point in my life, it’s quite disheartening that I need so much direction that I can’t seem to find on my own. I’m 31, I was hoping I’d be well on my way to being “set” by now.

Bob, jobs will change and keep on changing. It's the way our world works now. And you are "set" in that you are settled (wife and house and such). You just gotta find something to earn income. Don't be disheartened, you'll find something...going back to school would be a good idea regardless of what your degree ends up being. "It's gonna work out the way it's meant to." :wub:

Guest loser

I am a welfare recipient (proud of it, too)

Full time SGA, Phi Theta Kappa, Honors student with a 3.88 GPA with a full 3 year scholarship to a HBCU plus a $1,200 annual stipend. I earned this attending my local community college. I'm also a mama and a grandmama and a wifey. I will soon be in public relations, or working for somebody's political strategy team, I love a good scandal.

Right now school is paying me.

I make sure general operations go smoothly for a medium size landscaping company. I'm the owner. I deal directly with customers and employees on a day to day basis . I'm also on credit boards helping out as much as I can with normal duties on the back end of things.

I love every minute of every day I work. Both on here and at my regular job. And if I don't, I make myself. For that, I am awarded the most flexibility anyone can ever have at any job.I get to do what I want, when I want.

Edited by stroked89coupe

I am on the verge of being unemployed, because I won’t move with my job to Florida (pukey face). For the last 10ish years I’ve been an electronics technician, for the last 4 with a major defense contractor. I’m far from rich, but I’m not poor either. I have no degree. What I’m finding now, is that nobody wants to hire me without a degree. So I guess it’s time for me to go back to school.

I’m probably looking at a potential career change, since I have to learn something new in school anyway. At this point in my life, it’s quite disheartening that I need so much direction that I can’t seem to find on my own. I’m 31, I was hoping I’d be well on my way to being “set” by now.

Soooo why wont you move with your job again?

I am on the verge of being unemployed, because I wont move with my job to Florida (pukey face). For the last 10ish years Ive been an electronics technician, for the last 4 with a major defense contractor. Im far from rich, but Im not poor either. I have no degree. What Im finding now, is that nobody wants to hire me without a degree. So I guess its time for me to go back to school.

Im probably looking at a potential career change, since I have to learn something new in school anyway. At this point in my life, its quite disheartening that I need so much direction that I cant seem to find on my own. Im 31, I was hoping Id be well on my way to being set by now.

Soooo why wont you move with your job again?

My money is on "because it's Florida."

The last post in this topic was posted 2766 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.