Sign in to follow this  
BarneyRebel

Who reports my job and phone number to a credit bureau?

I just looked at my credit reports in detail.

They report my former and current addresses, all phone numbers ever used, jobs, etc.

Where do they get this information from? Especially my job.

I have judgements from collectors who bought a disputed debt from another collector who bought it from a credit card company.

These bloodsuckers ran my credit and tried to garnish wages from an old employer. Luckily, my credit report does not list my current employer, even though I have been there for 2 1/2 years. I have not applied for any credit in the last 5 years. Is this why my current employer isn't listed?

Information can be furnished by a data furnisher, i.e. a creditor with whom you have an ongoing relationship.

Also

Can be furnished by inquiry mode from a business that pulls your credit from your credit application.

As stated, when filling out credit card applications and it asks for job information.... That's how.... That would probably be the most common. Even when asking for a cli on the phone or online it usually asks for occupation. That then makes it's way to the cra's

There's also another source. When you buy your CR from one of the CRAs they ask for your personal data and also usually ask you to add an employer or address update. Neither if the latter are required, but you'd be surprised how many people put it. Guess what the CRA does with the data. ;)

All that info is easy to remove from CRAs. I got mine added when my job did a background check. After background was done, I requested to be delete and done.

This is great information. I wish I would have found this place 3 years ago. Communication like this levels the playing field for us (disposable consumers.) At least we can learn the rules of the game during the game, instead of after we have already lost.

This matches my experience.

I hadn't apped for credit and hence haven't listed addresses or employers in decades until 4 years ago, after I retired. Consequently I have no employer or prior employer listed.They get this info from your apps. No apps, no employer/addresses.