Free Kindle Fire HD for opening BBVA Compass Bank account

The last post in this topic was posted 2601 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just signed up for Chase checking for a $200 deposit. I know this is off topic, but does anyone know how to fulfill the DD requirement with them? There is not a set amount or intervals, I just need to do it once. Already tried Paypal and Square, which got no dice.

If you only need to do it once, why not change your DD at work and then change it back?

In the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" I found something else to do it with that is considered a DD, but does not happen regularly. This irregular deal came around at just the right time, so I rerouted it to the Chase account.

Edited by LONESTAR2014

In the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" I found something else to do it with that is considered a DD, but does not happen regularly. This irregular deal came around at just the right time, so I rerouted it to the Chase account.

Gotcha.

My company lets me split my DD up to 99 ways, and I can make the changes myself, online. It's really fast to add or delete a destination account for a slice of my payroll deposit.

There's this odd thing at my work where you have to obtain a "high assurance" online ID that must be renewed annually to do that. Changing DD is the only thing I would need to obtain one for, and it involves showing three forms of ID at the payroll office and then waiting a week for them to verify the documents. It's way more trouble than it should be.

There's this odd thing at my work where you have to obtain a "high assurance" online ID that must be renewed annually to do that. Changing DD is the only thing I would need to obtain one for, and it involves showing three forms of ID at the payroll office and then waiting a week for them to verify the documents. It's way more trouble than it should be.

Yeah... that shouldn't be so complicated. I don't blame you for skipping that process...

For AmEx Serve,

I just set up a recurring $1 ACH push transfer from Alliant CU every 2 weeks.

I think the recurring transfer is coded the same as a DD,

so it looks like one,

and fulfills that requirement.

according to Serve's site:

>>Enroll in Direct Deposit

Sign up for Direct Deposit and automatically add all or part of your paycheck or government benefits to your Serve Account. We will waive your Monthly Account Fee when you receive a Direct Deposit during a monthly statement period.<<

That truly gives me the impression that a Direct Deposit that avoids the monthly account fee, has to involve payroll or gov't benefits (SS).... not transfers from other banks or financial institutions...

but maybe someone can report back after 12/3 to see if their account was charged that $1 service charge. I have $10/pay period going onto it..DD from my employer

• 1 month later...

It's baaaaack: http://www.bbvacompass.com/special/201401/kindle/

I am very tempted to try this out...anyone have any comments, suggestions, or thoughts?

Any good or bad experiences beyond what's in this thread?

Since they're going to do a hard pull anyways, would it be a good idea to also open a ClearPoints Visa or Visa Signature? I would want a sign-up bonus though...

Edited by Shigeru

I had a checking account (which I rarely used) with BBVA Compass, and the experience was fine. Nothing extraordinary, but nothing terribly sucky either. The do have a great product called "Build My Savings". If you're disciplined and want to earn a fantastic return on a modest-moderate amount of money, there's nothing better out there, including 7-year CDs.

https://www.bbvacompass.com/buildmysavings/

They only have one branch "near" me, and it's 20 minutes away, so I never actually set foot inside. I did everything online/via phone.

Edited by cv91915

Leaning towards taking the bait...now debating whether to open up their ClearPoints or Visa Signature at the same time (thinking it would be one consolidated pull, like most banks). There seems to be VERY little information on the "Build Your Own Rewards" bonus program to their 1 point per dollar reward system though.

4000 points for a $25 statement credit or Amazon credit is awful redemption compared to Chase, Amex, and US Bank though...

The last post in this topic was posted 2601 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.