Post your 2013 Approvals Here!!!

hegemony

The last post in this topic was posted 3196 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Approx $7,500 earlier this month from Hyundai Motor Credit for my spiffy brand new Elantra. Only financed the minimum to get $1,500 cash back. :) Will pay off the balance with 4th payment (need to make 3 to qualify for CB).

Found out I had a pretty fine Auto Enhanced FICO in the process. Woot and a shout out to CB for getting me there. Not bad for someone with no auto loan ever, and no installment loans on my CRs.

I heart CB (Creditboards) and CB (Cash Back) - heh.

Edited by cb_opus

I just called Kohls Credit Dept to ask for CLI. She asked me my annual income. She put me on hold for almost a minute. She came back with good news. She was able to raise the limit from $1500 to $3000. :yahoo: I have had Kohls Card for almost seven years. The card's CLI got stuck at $1500 for almost 7 years.

I just called Kohls Credit Dept to ask for CLI. She asked me my annual income. She put me on hold for almost a minute. She came back with good news. She was able to raise the limit from $1500 to $3000. :yahoo: I have had Kohls Card for almost seven years. The card's CLI got stuck at $1500 for almost 7 years.

Awesome. I just got my Kohl's card yesterday so it's nice to know this can grow with you

PenFed Visa $14K

NFCU Visa $15K

EQ score watch FICO was 767...

I'm now wondering why I got the Navy card... I think I'm going to sock drawer it because my Amex BCE has a better cash back and PenFed is going to be my new gas card....

Does anyone know if Navy will cancel a card, if it stays dormant?

Edited by crabjoe

Awesome. I just got my Kohl's card yesterday so it's nice to know this can grow with you

Thanks!!! It took me years to get a CLI. They told me I wasn't qualified for CLI until today.

Ron.

Thanks!!! It took me years to get a CLI. They told me I wasn't qualified for CLI until today.

Ron.

That's great to hear though. I'm in the garden until at least April 2014 now.

Edited by lilyflower

Ron.

I just wanted to added that CLI for Kohl's have been frozen since Capital One took over. They recently started allowing them over the phone (still says suspended online). I would suggest requesting once every 6 months.

Ron.

I just wanted to added that CLI for Kohl's have been frozen since Capital One took over. They recently started allowing them over the phone (still says suspended online). I would suggest requesting once every 6 months.

Good to know. I just called Bloomies and they did a CLI on me from $100 to $2000. My highest limit AND on my oldest account. I figured I'd give them a call after Macy's gave me a CLI from $300 to $800

Capital One Quicksilver One $1000

I had applied for this immediately after the Newcomers card because I saw it offered slightly better rewards points. I received a response that the app would have to be reviewed. Understandable since I just received instant approval on the Newcomers card. I was told that I probably wouldn't get it by the CSR in the PC dept, but to let the process run its course anyway. She was very nice and we talked for a while before hanging up. I had settled on not getting it.

Just now received the email stating that my new CapOne card was on its way. Huh? I had to call in to find out the limit and to be sure it was the card I was told I wasn't going to be approved for. Yep, sure is. Not sure if I should keep with the $39 annual fee, but it does have 0% APR until April 2014. I may call to see if I can get it changed to the regular Quicksilver. Only thing is I don't have excellent credit. I'll run numbers on it.

$24,000 in new credit in under two weeks... Somebody point me to the garden with the maze so I can be sure I don't come out for a long while. I don't need anything else until I decide to purchase a car and buy a home again.

Ron.

Good to know. I just called Bloomies and they did a CLI on me from $100 to $2000. My highest limit AND on my oldest account. I figured I'd give them a call after Macy's gave me a CLI from $300 to $800

Congrats!!!! :clapping:

Ron.

Ron.

Congrats!!!! :clapping:

Ron.

Thanks, ended up with a hard on TU but that was totally worth it for the CLI

Wow, approvals are getting bigger for my spouse and I in 2013 after only nine months of work.

In November 2012 I started working on our credit (both in the low 500's). Fingerhut wouldn't even give me a card (they did let me sign up for their Fresh Start program).

This week I was approved for a 10k Unsecured NFCU card, TWICE my highest limit (I have a USAA secured card at 5k)!! Was also approved for an unsecured $2000 Barclays apple last month.

Thanks for your advice/info CBers!!

The last post in this topic was posted 3196 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.