Post your 2013 Approvals Here!!!

hegemony

The last post in this topic was posted 3320 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to apply for more than one card every six months. For next year:

About February: City National Bank (Los Angeles). I have a checking account with them. I want a credit card to go with it.

Late summer: Bank of Hawaii. They have a pretty card with a sea turtle on it ( https://www.boh.com/personal/banking-products/credit-cards.asp ). I had a bank account with them many years ago, but closed it. Earlier this year I reopened my checking account. Might as well have a credit card too.

Hegemony, is SDFCU any good? Which card?

I'm going to lay low for a bit after the recent spree and then I'm going to apply for US Bank Cash+ in 3-4 months. After that, back to gardening unless there are some cards with generous limits out there...

Will apply to Chase and Amex in 18 months after the BK falls off EX and TU.

I really only plan on having an AmEx or two added to my portfolio for D*. Otherwise, I really have no other cards/loans I want. I feel like my portfolio is pretty complete.

ETA: This is liable to change if Capital One totally nerfs my Household Bank card during the conversion. At that point, I'd be looking to add the Priceline Visa to my portfolio, though I'd prefer if they left my Household Bank card alone.

Edited by patz2009

Hegemony, is SDFCU any good? Which card?

Their Platinum EMV Visa looks like a solid choice for a basic travel card, if you want the EMV:

Rates as low as 6.99% APR*

Secure chip-enabled technology for use overseas

No foreign transaction fees

No annual fees

No balance transfer fees

Point-per-dollar Flexpoints Rewards Program

I might not even apply for a second American Express card in January.

First, they are all sort of meh to me. Some of the welcome bonuses are nice, but I'm not sure what spending I would actually put on the card.

Second, I just opened up hella cards. I am really pretty satisfied with what I have for now.

The only other card I want before I app for a mortgage late next year is the priceline visa siggy. I wonder how Barclay's rewards are setup though, I need to make a thread questioning their rewards...

you get a credit against charges. so if you have 4,000 points you can use 3431 points to pay for a $34.31 charge and you'll have 569 remaining.

Well 2012 will go out with a bang for me! I have opened up a boatload of cards and I close it out with my final approval today for a Discover :yahoo:.

So with all the activity the last few months means that I will not app again until Dec 2013. On my wishlist is Amex so we shall see if 2013 will go out with a bang for me too!

Went for an online Citi app or two. tried doing both at some time, something happened snafu-wise with it. Wanted a Citi Simplicity and a Citi Thank You. Got a Simplicity with 1800 cl for now. Will shout for more in the morning or Wednesday. Says app received for the Thank You. Will shout to underwriting for it. Said I had a EQ of 674 or 678.

Not an "approval" but I was feeling down yesterday for various reasons, and decided to try for a CLI on my NFCU cashRewards, since I had cleaned up my EQ report. Last time, I called and they told me it would not be instant and that they preferred to see 6 months of usage. It's been 2 months yesterday so I went online and did the online request and it came right back with approval of 5k! That's what I asked for, that's what I got. I'm happy.

For some reason, I thought confetti would fall from the sky or something but the screen flashed so quick and I was like, is that it? I printed out my confirmation and then it was over.

I think the only thing I'm going for this year will be the Chase Visa and then work on CLIs for my remaining cards, try to get them all into a minimum of 1k.

Oh and I just sent my recon to Navy for my car loan, here's hoping they approve it this time!

I think I'm done. :)

Sure, sure.... :rofl:

Approved for the Hilton HHonors AmEx. Limit pending.

Also was pre-approved at DCU for a Visa Platinum, but with such a meh product I don't really feel like pulling the trigger.

True, not the best by a long shot....but a buffer in utilization always helps :grin:

Edited by up&climbing

The last post in this topic was posted 3320 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.