Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

BCE Approved

The last post in this topic was posted 2905 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I decided to APP for the BCE today to get the backdating before the year ends. Filled out the app, got the message to check my mail in 7-10 days. Went to the check app status link, approved. Then called in to find out the starting credit limit. $20,900. I was blown away.

I decided to APP for the BCE today to get the backdating before the year ends. Filled out the app, got the message to check my mail in 7-10 days. Went to the check app status link, approved. Then called in to find out the starting credit limit. $20,900. I was blown away.

Sweet!!! Congrats

DANG!! :clapping:

What does your report look like? Scores?

Why are you blown away? Check out those juicy limits on your other prime cards, amex wants to take their business!

Scores around 780. Havent pulled them in about 3 months. AAOA about 2.5 years. Oldest card from 2001. Income almost 80k. Less than 5% util.

Received my "You're Approved, Welcome to American Express" letter in the mail yesterday. Along with it was a score from Experian that they pulled. It was 800. Thats the first time I've ever seen 800 besides on CK or CS. Can't wait to actually get the card in the mail so I can activate it and login to their online system.

What is the APR? Allegedly they only send scores if you don't qualify for the best offer, which for score and starting limit doesn't make sense. Great starting limit though!

Why are you blown away? Check out those juicy limits on your other prime cards, amex wants to take their business!

Bingo. Looks like AMEX is back in the business of using initial line assignments to drive customers toward using their cards first aka "top of wallet".

What is the APR? Allegedly they only send scores if you don't qualify for the best offer, which for score and starting limit doesn't make sense. Great starting limit though!

Not sure what the APR is yet. I'm able to login to the AMEX customer portal, but when I click on the button regarding the APR, it says not available yet. Probably cause I haven't received the physical card and activated it yet. When I do find out, I'll let you know. You've got me curious now. With a credit score of 800, and that high of starting limit, you would think I would be offered their lowest APR.

Card arrived today. APR is 13.99%. Kinda funny that I didn't get the 12.99% with a credit score of 800 and the high limit cards I already have. Oh well, just glad to have it. How long until I can ask for an APR decrease?

The last post in this topic was posted 2905 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.