Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I need to open a new bank account..

The last post in this topic was posted 2885 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

There are no branches of my old bank where I am currently living, and my grandma has me ordering stuff for her over amazon every other day <tripple points! wheee!>...So... I needs to have a bank that I can pay money into my amazon card with...that I can make deposits in more then once a week, if I get up early enough...

Plus I have a large sum comeing in in the near future that will need a bank to house it... I am trying to avoid Bank of America, there seems to be a Wells Fargo near by, are they generally good people?

Edited by Echo_X

There are no branches of my old bank where I am currently living, and my grandma has me ordering stuff for her over amazon every other day <tripple points! wheee!>...So... I needs to have a bank that I can pay money into my amazon card with...that I can make deposits in more then once a week, if I get up early enough...

Plus I have a large sum comeing in in the near future that will need a bank to house it... I am trying to avoid Bank of America, there seems to be a Wells Fargo near by, are they generally good people?

If the sum that is coming in is large enough to get PMA status, I would recommend WF. In most other circumstances you are better off elsewhere.

If the sum that is coming in is large enough to get PMA status, I would recommend WF. In most other circumstances you are better off elsewhere.

Not much at all. About 80 to 90k......(Don't gasp, that's pocket change to a lot of banks..and it won't be that high for long once I start with needing a new car and such...)

Well I was ultimately wanting a bank I could use here AND in Jax... There is a Citizens bank in near driving distance to both Moms house and Grandma's house...but I know NOTHING about Citizens...

Well I was ultimately wanting a bank I could use here AND in Jax... There is a Citizens bank in near driving distance to both Moms house and Grandma's house...but I know NOTHING about Citizens...

Citizens is one of the biggest rip-off banks around. They are the original "how can we manipulate these accounts to get the most in fees" bank.

Didn't I just read something about VyStar having a huge identity theft ring involving its employees?

What about Publix Credit Union? That's who we used when we lived in Jax and they were awesome - plus I'm sure you'd have branches where you are too.

LBCS, on 18 November 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Not much at all. About 80 to 90k......(Don't gasp, that's pocket change to a lot of banks..and it won't be that high for long once I start with needing a new car and such...)

25k is the minimum in order to qualify, so you are good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Anyone but Wells Fargo, regardless of PMA status or not. Not familiar with their Florida operations (legacy Wachovia), but they are nothing but trouble out here on the West Coast.

I'd look into some of the super-regionals. I've heard good things about TD Bank and PNC. Not super familiar with SunTrust or Regions, but they may be options as well. Credit unions are always an option to look at, as well.

Edited by TheBanker

In this era of mobile and Internet banking, just have grandma write you a check once a week, snap a pic of it and deposit it via mobile app. Shred check and be done.

Now, the criteria for a bank is good interest rates, and a robust mobile app. With your military ties, I'd look into USAA. They're a great bank, the mobile and Internet apps are outstanding, and customer service is phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I second USAA. I don't have the military ties for full membership (and I am slightly bitter that this means I can't do mobile deposit) but they are an awesome institution and have a great app!

In this era of mobile and Internet banking, just have grandma write you a check once a week, snap a pic of it and deposit it via mobile app. Shred check and be done.

Now, the criteria for a bank is good interest rates, and a robust mobile app. With your military ties, I'd look into USAA. They're a great bank, the mobile and Internet apps are outstanding, and customer service is phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I suppose this is a thought, I do currently have car insurance through USAA...

My DD works a job that has her in a different city every 6-8 months so she decided to switch to internet banking through ING. So far, she has no complaints.

The last post in this topic was posted 2885 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.