Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Apply for Alliant CC?

5 members have voted

1. 1. App with Alliant or elsewhere?

• Alliant
    • Other (specify in your comments)

I should have stuck with my PayPal win for today...

Check

https://www.barclayc...ult_partner=003

If not recon Barclays is good with recons

Still in limbo on the app status link. Barclays did me right on recon on the other card of theirs that I have... I'll give that a try before throwing in the towel on this one, for sure! Thank you.

I wonder what the chances are that someone at Barclays is manning (or wo-manning biggrin.gif) the back door line on a Sunday afternoon...

Barclay's does not like you opening a 2nd card within 1 year of each other. You should absolutely call the backdoor number though. In my situation, I had opened an Apple financing card 11/2011 (was $1200 limit, they doubled it to $2400 around March or April automatically), applied for the priceline card 8/2012. I got very impatient and called the backdoor number 1 or 2 days later. The underwriter I spoke to said no one had reviewed it yet and she would review it while on the phone with me. The bottom line was that they could not extend me more than $2400 with them for me, but I could split the limit. So, I had them keep $1000 on my Apple card and put $1400 on my priceline card. (I could have closed the Apple and moved it all over, but didn't want to close the card in less than 1 year). Also, she did tell me that normally if you applied for a second card in less than a year, it's an automatic denial. Just an FYI, definately recommend you call and they are extremely friendly. Best of luck!

I definately love the priceline card, it's my go to card since I cannot qualify for any of the 5% cashbank cards yet (or blacklisted). Also, mine does not have an AF although I've seen others on here that do.

Rejected on recon by phone. Plan is to close some undesirable current cards and replace them with better ones, including a good travel rewards card for a trip to the Middle East next summer.

{cv91915 listens for sounds of heavy artillery in the background before typing more}

Credit analysis said too many new cards, not enough experience with the one Barclays I have.

Statement #5 on my current Barclays card is about to cut. I'll try again for another Baclays next year. I may also see what kind of a CLI I get after current Barclays card statement #6 cuts (late December) and see if they'll consider splitting the limits between that one and a new Priceline card.

Sigh. TU B* time.

Barclay's does not like you opening a 2nd card within 1 year of each other. You should absolutely call the backdoor number though. In my situation, I had opened an Apple financing card 11/2011 (was $1200 limit, they doubled it to $2400 around March or April automatically), applied for the priceline card 8/2012. I got very impatient and called the backdoor number 1 or 2 days later. The underwriter I spoke to said no one had reviewed it yet and she would review it while on the phone with me. The bottom line was that they could not extend me more than $2400 with them for me, but I could split the limit. So, I had them keep $1000 on my Apple card and put $1400 on my priceline card. (I could have closed the Apple and moved it all over, but didn't want to close the card in less than 1 year). Also, she did tell me that normally if you applied for a second card in less than a year, it's an automatic denial. Just an FYI, definately recommend you call and they are extremely friendly. Best of luck!

I definately love the priceline card, it's my go to card since I cannot qualify for any of the 5% cashbank cards yet (or blacklisted). Also, mine does not have an AF although I've seen others on here that do.

Great minds, JKK... I was typing my post as you were typing yours... Excellent idea. rolleyes.gif I will proceed accordingly. In August 2013 all of my self-inflicted credit drama will be behind me (everything will have aged, God willing). Can't wait.

Ah, I see. Great. So the two left on my short list are Sallie Mae and Priceline. I just need to figure out whether 5% on groceries and 1% on everything else in the case of Sallie (I buy gas at Costco and they don't take MC or V) , or 2% on everything (Priceline) makes more sense.

These are both Barclays... My current Barclays is just about 6 months old and I will be requesting CLI at that point. Should I app before or after the CLI request on my current card? Either way, with one more card under my belt I'm sitting tight until next summer, when my reports will be 100% poo free.

No reason to request a CLI @ 6months with Barclays - they are great about giving auto CLIs every 6 months.

Ah, I see. Great. So the two left on my short list are Sallie Mae and Priceline. I just need to figure out whether 5% on groceries and 1% on everything else in the case of Sallie (I buy gas at Costco and they don't take MC or V) , or 2% on everything (Priceline) makes more sense.

These are both Barclays... My current Barclays is just about 6 months old and I will be requesting CLI at that point. Should I app before or after the CLI request on my current card? Either way, with one more card under my belt I'm sitting tight until next summer, when my reports will be 100% poo free.

No reason to request a CLI @ 6months with Barclays - they are great about giving auto CLIs every 6 months.

I'm now counting on it. tongue.gif

How many new accounts did you have?

Sorry to hear about the denial :(

2 MC/V in June, 1 store card in June and CFNA/Firestone in July. The PayPal card that was just approved, obviously, isn't showing on my credit reports yet...

On 11/19/2012 at 9:26 AM, cv91915 said:

Rejected on recon by phone. Plan is to close some undesirable current cards and replace them with better ones, including a good travel rewards card for a trip to the Middle East next summer.

{cv91915 listens for sounds of heavy artillery in the background before typing more}

Credit analysis said too many new cards, not enough experience with the one Barclays I have.

Statement #5 on my current Barclays card is about to cut. I'll try again for another Baclays next year. I may also see what kind of a CLI I get after current Barclays card statement #6 cuts (late December) and see if they'll consider splitting the limits between that one and a new Priceline card.

Sigh. TU B* time.

how did this work out for you>?

10 hours ago, hegemony said:

how did this work out for you>?

I went for the grand prize and eventually got a Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I went for the grand prize and eventually got a Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lately I've been calling this card my "Gong" card.  (A reference to the late, great talent show in which mediocre contestants were booted when one of the judge's struck a large gong.)

The card is closed to new applicants and benefits for existing cardholders have been gutted.  I keep waiting for them to convert me to a surviving card product.  It may be time for me to "strike the gong", close and reallocate.

3 hours ago, hdporter said:

Lately I've been calling this card my "Gong" card.  (A reference to the late, great talent show in which mediocre contestants were booted when one of the judge's struck a large gong.)

The card is closed to new applicants and benefits for existing cardholders have been gutted.  I keep waiting for them to convert me to a surviving card product.  It may be time for me to "strike the gong", close and reallocate.

If it was a bong card, you'd really have something.

6 hours ago, hdporter said:

It is sad that you have to explain the concept behind that show...do we really have THAT many kids around here (kids being anyone under the age of 30)?  The show wasn't THAT antique, running into the late 80's in syndication and I seem to recall that one of the networks tried resurrecting it within the past five years...

1 hour ago, centex said:

It is sad that you have to explain the concept behind that show...do we really have THAT many kids around here (kids being anyone under the age of 30)?  The show wasn't THAT antique, running into the late 80's in syndication and I seem to recall that one of the networks tried resurrecting it within the past five years...

It had its moments.  I remember, vaguely, coming home from school some afternoons and turning it on to see how fast the contestants would be gong'd.  It was funny and I laughed.