Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

hey, guess what.....I'm sick

The last post in this topic was posted 2921 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

DD came down sick Friday night after we got to Savannah. She had complained a little bit that morning about a scratchy throat, but it was gone by then. The major symptom? a Fever.

She got somewhat irritated when I wouldn't let her go into the pool. You know how 10 year olds are. Anyway, her major symptom was a fever. She had somewhat of a cough, but not bad, and she was tired.

Anyway, suffice to say, it wasn't the greatest trip in the world because I kept her locked up in the hotel room while her daddy went to the MAG delegate meeting. (woohoo, are you impressed? yeah, me neither)

Anyway, we came back home this afternoon. DD had to miss her nutcracker rehearsal. she slept for the 2 hour trip back, and was awake for about an hour and then went to sleep on her bed.

Well, I was laying there with her, and I suddenly realized that I was cold. Well, the fact is...I never get cold (well, not when the room is 73) I got up and noticed that my skin hurt wherever clothing touched it.....So I grabbed her thermometer (one of those ear thermometer) and I have a 101 Temp. :yahoo:

OK, maybe I should not cheer. But I think I can count on 1 hand how many times I have had a temp since I was a teen.

One of my sayings is "It's not fair to feel this bad and not have a temperature to show for it." And I have said it quite a few times over the years.

well this time, I have the temp to show, without feeling bad.

Well, at least not yet.

I am sure I will be updating in a couple of days and begging for people to pity and feel sorry for me. :lol:

Now, the down side. I still have a cough from when I was sick last May. I hope this thing doesn't go to my chest and land me at the doctor's office where my doc has been bugging me to go for a breathing test.

Lastly, a question.

Has anyone else heard of a virus like this going around? I mean, one with few symptoms. Seems to me like it is a "perfect" virus. Easily spreadable since people don't really have symptoms to warn them that they are sick.

Oh, and verrry lastly....Echo, if you read this, can you stop by tomorrow before you head back to Jax and fix the "you know what"? It has stopped working again, and after climbing into the attic, I can't get it to start. it needs your magic touch.

Feel better soon. Have y'all been checked for strep throat? Sometimes, you may exhibit only one or two symptoms or you may exhibit several i.e., sore throat, headache, nausea/vomiting, fever.

It's the Flu. I took Angel to the doctor today. he said that Macon (about 45 miles away) is getting hit hard.

Funny thing is (I didn't know they could do this) he looked at her blood count and HE told me when she came down with it. (and it was spot on with my observations).

He Rx'ed her some Tamiflu (dang that stuff is expensive) and suggested that I get my doc to do the same for me, so I will call him in the morning.

Ugh! Sorry to hear it's the flu. We've had no confirmed cases here yet, at least none that I've heard of, but I'm sure it will be here soon. Time for those of you who haven't yet gotten your flu vaccines to do so. Don't forget ... it takes two weeks to get full coverage after getting your vaccine. I'm just hopeful the CDC guessed the correct strains this year. *Fingers crossed*. I hope you and your DD feel better soon, Tigz.

Well, that is the thing....we really don't feel bad. This has got to be the wimpiest flu EVER.

DD was very cross with me earlier today because I didn't let her go to gymnastics. It might be the wimpiest flu ever - for a healthy person - but I couldn't allow her to expose others who may not have a strong immune system (or someone they live with whose immune system is compromised) The doctor said she could go back to school tomorrow since her fever is all but gone now, and after she starts the tamiflu, she won't be contagious anymore. (or something like that) .

Now I just have to see about getting me a Rx for Tamiflu. I feel fine now, but my cough is getting worse. I don't want a replay of May (when I came down really sick with a chest cold)

Edited by Tigz

When DD got the swine flu that first year it was big, she had a super weak case. I mean really pathetic. I took her to the doctor (per dr orders to rule out UTIs) and she was playing and running around still later that same day.

Wow, I just found out that over half of her class was out sick yesterday. and 1/3 today (teacher was out today as well)

Wow, I just found out that over half of her class was out sick yesterday. and 1/3 today (teacher was out today as well)

Wow, if that's indicative of the entire school, I'm surprised they didn't close today. We have a magic number whereas our district will close if there is so much illness. We school nurses e-mail our superintendant and district spokesperson when we see the numbers creeping upward. Sorry to hear it's hit so hard there.

Um.....this is not good. :unsure:

Headed back to doctor today. Angel is having severe muscle pains in the back of her legs (calves). Having problems walking.

Doc said that the virus infected (or affected - not sure which) the muscles and that she would be OK.

This is a big relief. This morning DH was using terms like Guillian Barre' Syndrome :swoon:

To be honest, the way she was walking looked scary. But after moving around for a while, she was able to walk properly again. I had called DH's attention to it right after she had woken up and at that point she could only walk on her tip toes and her gate was very unsteady.

But anyway, all's well that ends well (or whatever the saying is). The doc says she is still cleared to go to school, but that she can't do gymnastics for the remainder of the week.

Ugh! Sorry to hear it's the flu. We've had no confirmed cases here yet, at least none that I've heard of, but I'm sure it will be here soon. Time for those of you who haven't yet gotten your flu vaccines to do so. Don't forget ... it takes two weeks to get full coverage after getting your vaccine. I'm just hopeful the CDC guessed the correct strains this year. *Fingers crossed*. I hope you and your DD feel better soon, Tigz.

I spent this morning in the ER, where I was diagnosed with the flu also. Same symptoms - fever, extreme chills, body aches, and feeling like my skin hurts.

The problem is - I had my flu shot, about a month ago. Apparently there are 2 strains going around out there that aren't covered by this year's vaccine.

I agree with you, though, Tigz, it is "wimpy" as far as flus go.

Hope you and Angel are both feeling better soon.

The last post in this topic was posted 2921 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.