Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

SOL Strategy? Veteran opinion please!

The last post in this topic was posted 2935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello all. I'm looking for an expert opinion on statute of limitations. I have not participated, initiated, or have contacted any creditor in over six years. Without surprise I pulled my CRA's, and all list re-aged debt through various collection agencies. My question is, should I state that these accounts are all past the SOL? Or should I state the accounts as not mine. I have read on here that opinion varies on admitting the accounts were previously mine. Even so, they are all past the SOL. I live in Florida and the SOL is four years. I am hoping to get the CRA's to remove the accounts, as if I contact the collection agencies it may start a string of new collection effort to collect on old debt. If the CRA's verify accounts that are past SOL, is there a very strong second letter threatening the CRA? I appreciate all answers, and I will continue to do my due diligence, and keep researching all the great information on this website. Thank you

Hello all. I'm looking for an expert opinion on statute of limitations. I have not participated, initiated, or have contacted any creditor in over six years. Without surprise I pulled my CRA's, and all list re-aged debt through various collection agencies. My question is, should I state that these accounts are all past the SOL? Or should I state the accounts as not mine. I have read on here that opinion varies on admitting the accounts were previously mine. Even so, they are all past the SOL. I live in Florida and the SOL is four years. I am hoping to get the CRA's to remove the accounts, as if I contact the collection agencies it may start a string of new collection effort to collect on old debt. If the CRA's verify accounts that are past SOL, is there a very strong second letter threatening the CRA? I appreciate all answers, and I will continue to do my due diligence, and keep researching all the great information on this website. Thank you

SOL in FL is 5 years on general CC accounts( visa, mastercard ) - 4 years on retail installment or Store cards

FCRA is 7 year reporting limit.

read the pinned topic your collection score -

are these JDB's or CA's who work for the OC. - if the original account is still on your reports, it should be noted sold or transferred if it was sold to a JDB.

SOL in FL is 5 years on general CC accounts( visa, mastercard ) - 4 years on retail installment or Store cards

FCRA is 7 year reporting limit.

read the pinned topic your collection score -

are these JDB's or CA's who work for the OC. - if the original account is still on your reports, it should be noted sold or transferred if it was sold to a JDB.

So your saying that even though the accounts are past SOL, CRAs can still report them on my reports for seven years? All these accounts are teetering on that time frame. None of these listed are original accounts except for an apartment complex listing rent still due from around 2006.

So your saying that even though the accounts are past SOL, CRAs can still report them on my reports for seven years? All these accounts are teetering on that time frame. None of these listed are original accounts except for an apartment complex listing rent still due from around 2006.

Before starting any credit repair, it's always good thing to read the regulations and understand the Fine Points.

Great thing is, your in the right place!

read the Newbies section, Jen's credit repair 101 and Psyche doc's seminars all in the pinned section at the top of this forum page

7 years from the DOFD. ( there's a glossary too. )

4 years to bring suit against you and win, 7 years reporting. Don't call them both SOL - that's too confusing. ;)

4 years to bring suit against you and win, 7 years reporting. Don't call them both SOL - that's too confusing. ;)

Breeze

Some of my accounts ( for example apartment complex) are past the seven year reporting limit. The CA is called professional debt. They list themselves as opening the account on 02/08 I haven't lived there or participated in any interaction with them (apartments) since 2005. Going back to my original question, am I complaining to CRA to remove or CA? The CA is raging the dates on last account activity. FYI I'm studying out here..Great info but overwhelming lol!

dispute the reporting of that debt with the CRA's as obsolete first, in writing, CMRR.

if it's not deleted;

then send a letter off to the CA at the address listed for them on your report;

RE ; Account # -

Dear ________________

The account listed on my credit reports is past the reporting period limit of the FCRA - I have disputed this with ( CRA ) name and your firm verified this false and inaccurate data.

FDCPA violations;

15 USC 1692e(8) providing false information to credit reporting agencies

FCRA violations;

15 U.S.C. § 1681i duties of furnishers to provide accurate information.

15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2 - failure to provide accurate information, failure to correct reporting.

if your firm does not delete the collection accounts, I will turn this matter over to an attorney for review and legal action in federal court. with additional counts as follows.

15 U.S.C. § 1681n Civil liability for willful noncompliance

15 U.S.C. § 1681o Civil liability for negligent noncompliance

Please note that statutory damages awarded under FCRA violations are culmative , and compensation for actual damages are seperate.

Your False reporting is may cost me ( rate increase on mortgage or insurance, denied credit, etc, etc. ) ; hence, if actual damages are awarded, these may prove to be very expensive for your firm........

The last post in this topic was posted 2935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.