Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Custodial Interference

The last post in this topic was posted 2958 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Seabee, it is a moot point now, but the plan I proposed to the mediator was that I would have the kids every other weekend, major breaks from school and for the majority of the summer. I had arrangements drawn up and ready to go over, but he failed to pay the mediator when he was supposed to so we never made it to mediation. Also, I moved 2 1/2 to 3 hours away not to the other side of the country.

Why was it his responsibility to pay the mediator when you are making the proposal? I would think if it's that important to you, you would have found a way to pay the mediator yourself to get it done. Once again, shoot yourself in the foot.

You always have excuses why things CAN'T happen rather than why they can and will happen.

Frankly, your excuses are nonsense.

Seabee, it is a moot point now, but the plan I proposed to the mediator was that I would have the kids every other weekend, major breaks from school and for the majority of the summer. I had arrangements drawn up and ready to go over, but he failed to pay the mediator when he was supposed to so we never made it to mediation. Also, I moved 2 1/2 to 3 hours away not to the other side of the country.

Why was it his responsibility to pay the mediator when you are making the proposal? I would think if it's that important to you, you would have found a way to pay the mediator yourself to get it done. Once again, shoot yourself in the foot.

Our divorce decree says that each party is responsible for their own mediation and attorney cost should the decree need to be changed. So I was simply following our decree.

Our divorce decree says that each party is responsible for their own mediation and attorney cost should the decree need to be changed. So I was simply following our decree.

Can't you bring him to court rather than mediation?

Despite what the decree says, I bet they would have accepted payment from you.And since you were the one trying to change the decree/visitation order, why isn't the cost on you?Or did you pay your part? I really and truly find this to be iffy.

Can't you bring him to court rather than mediation?

Despite what the decree says, I bet they would have accepted payment from you.And since you were the one trying to change the decree/visitation order, why isn't the cost on you?Or did you pay your part? I really and truly find this to be iffy.

Im heading to the attorney in a few minutes. He doesn't open until 9am MST and I will be talking to him about going back to court. I offered to pay my ex's half and have it taken off my child support, but he wouldn't do that. My ex originally said he would pay for his half, then he simply started ignoring the mediator and finally refused to work with her. I did pay my half and it was refunded back to me when my ex refused to work with the mediator.

I have not posted in here in a while, but I have been keeping a log of issues with my ex husband. I moved to Oregon for a few months and he let me speak to the kids three times in the time I was gone. Our divorce decree says that each parent is to have unlimited access to communication with the kids. Two months ago, I wrote him a letter stating that I would get the kids on September 27th and keep them through October 7th because the boys have a break in school. Last night, I went to get the boys and he was no where to be found. I called the police and they are filing a custodial interference charge against my ex-husband. My ex said he would rather face a misdemeanor cusotodial interference charge than release the kids to me on his day, even though I had made him aware of my plans to get the kids in the months prior. I am back in Idaho now and I have a full time job again. I am going after full custody of the boys. I hate that the kids are caught in the middle of all this. My ex said that the boys wanted nothing to do with me, but that isn't true. I stopped in to see the kids at school when I got back in town. My oldest said he did not want to let me go and you could tell he was happy to see me. My youngest was happy to see me as well, but not as excited as his brother. Anyway, that is what is new in my world for anyone who might be interested. Also, I forgot that my attorney is filing contempt charges against my ex for going against the divorce decree and various other reasons. I have an appointment coming up with my attorney and we will be discussing that next week

Did you ask him if that time was ok or did you just demand that you would see them then? I really don't think the issue is the ex husband so much.

Surely there is more that has happened in the past few months. Fill us in on EVERYTHING!!!!

Sometimes I love you very very much. :lol:

Only sometimes?

Yes only sometimes. I'd love you more often, but that would require me getting my hands on you in a physical manner. :rofl:

:unsure: :unsure: If you wanted it bad enough you should have found a way to cover it. You found a way to cover a move to Oregon.

You know what makes me really bitchy ever since I've had a kid? People who babble about how important their kids to them, and then do stuff like move away for some odd, unexplained reason. You're right, 3 hours is not that big a deal. You should have been able to make a drive to see them. Certainly to have more interaction than 3 phone calls in 3 months, or whatever it was.

I don't know that you need full custody. You've had years to get your stuff right, and you're still at square one. Have you thought that your children might benefit from a stable environment that your ex husband and wife can provide?

I've got my own demons to deal with, I don't need to borrow someone else's crazy. Don't feed into whatever ridonkulous social experiment this is.

I have not posted in here in a while, but I have been keeping a log of issues with my ex husband. I moved to Oregon for a few months and he let me speak to the kids three times in the time I was gone. Our divorce decree says that each parent is to have unlimited access to communication with the kids. Two months ago, I wrote him a letter stating that I would get the kids on September 27th and keep them through October 7th because the boys have a break in school. Last night, I went to get the boys and he was no where to be found. I called the police and they are filing a custodial interference charge against my ex-husband. My ex said he would rather face a misdemeanor cusotodial interference charge than release the kids to me on his day, even though I had made him aware of my plans to get the kids in the months prior. I am back in Idaho now and I have a full time job again. I am going after full custody of the boys. I hate that the kids are caught in the middle of all this. My ex said that the boys wanted nothing to do with me, but that isn't true. I stopped in to see the kids at school when I got back in town. My oldest said he did not want to let me go and you could tell he was happy to see me. My youngest was happy to see me as well, but not as excited as his brother. Anyway, that is what is new in my world for anyone who might be interested. Also, I forgot that my attorney is filing contempt charges against my ex for going against the divorce decree and various other reasons. I have an appointment coming up with my attorney and we will be discussing that next week

Did you ask him if that time was ok or did you just demand that you would see them then? I really don't think the issue is the ex husband so much.

Surely there is more that has happened in the past few months. Fill us in on EVERYTHING!!!!

Sometimes I love you very very much. :lol:

Only sometimes?

Yes only sometimes. I'd love you more often, but that would require me getting my hands on you in a physical manner. :rofl:

More promises.

LKH, I dunno why you're even bothering with this nonsense. None of it ever makes sense. :lol:

I'm slighly amused that it continues and continues and nothing ever changes.

LKH, I dunno why you're even bothering with this nonsense. None of it ever makes sense. :lol:

Dude, you just described the world in general.

But this is more entertaining than the world in general.

But this is more entertaining than the world in general.

:lol: So true, so true.

I take it we will never find out why the move to Oregon?

I thought it was because she got evicted from her old place...

I thought it was because she got evicted from her old place...

I thought it was because that's where the trail lead. :mellow:

She was evicted, because she was a day late on her rent.

Or something just as dumb. But that's pretty close, I think.

Silly Violet, would you please explain again to us why you moved and the reason behind it? Some people here just can't seem to get the story straight. So for them and me, tell us agian what happened. And if you were evicted because you were a day late on rent, I'd say you probably had the baddest landlord ever. Damn!! That just isn't fair.

SillyViolet was reading the thread. I was tingly with anticipation. But then she just left. Shocking. Few more weeks until the customary "i am seriously considering talking to my attorney about how horrible my husband is being, and filing ALL THE CHARGES in the world" post?

Edited by Snork Maiden

OK, guys....we really are starting to be sort of bully-ish.

The girl definitely has issues, I'd hate for her to go further off the deep end and do something drastic because of something that she read here.

Yes, yes, I am being all wimpy and marshmallow-y, I just think the point has been made and no need to run it into the ground.

Silly Violet, would you please explain again to us why you moved and the reason behind it? Some people here just can't seem to get the story straight. So for them and me, tell us agian what happened. And if you were evicted because you were a day late on rent, I'd say you probably had the baddest landlord ever. Damn!! That just isn't fair.

Well that and landlord said she had unauthorized pets (a dog) if I remember the thread correctly.

Well that and landlord said she had unauthorized pets (a dog) if I remember the thread correctly.

I think it was pointed out in the original thread that she wasn't really evicted. The landlord gave her notice that he was terminating the tenancy, and she chose to comply and leave. Eviction would have involved a potentially lengthy court process and possibly the sheriff coming to forcibly remove her from the property.

It was a cat, I think.

There was some babble about it being a companion animal, or something.

And bullying? Pffffft. I think she's bullying GF, popping in here being all sad, and getting people feeling empathetic. Then just mucking around with people's emotions. It's rude.

The last post in this topic was posted 2958 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.