Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Custodial Interference

The last post in this topic was posted 2956 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have not posted in here in a while, but I have been keeping a log of issues with my ex husband. I moved to Oregon for a few months and he let me speak to the kids three times in the time I was gone. Our divorce decree says that each parent is to have unlimited access to communication with the kids. Two months ago, I wrote him a letter stating that I would get the kids on September 27th and keep them through October 7th because the boys have a break in school. Last night, I went to get the boys and he was no where to be found. I called the police and they are filing a custodial interference charge against my ex-husband. My ex said he would rather face a misdemeanor cusotodial interference charge than release the kids to me on his day, even though I had made him aware of my plans to get the kids in the months prior. I am back in Idaho now and I have a full time job again. I am going after full custody of the boys. I hate that the kids are caught in the middle of all this. My ex said that the boys wanted nothing to do with me, but that isn't true. I stopped in to see the kids at school when I got back in town. My oldest said he did not want to let me go and you could tell he was happy to see me. My youngest was happy to see me as well, but not as excited as his brother. Anyway, that is what is new in my world for anyone who might be interested. Also, I forgot that my attorney is filing contempt charges against my ex for going against the divorce decree and various other reasons. I have an appointment coming up with my attorney and we will be discussing that next week

Edited by sillyviolet

Edited to delete. I've got enough of my own crap going on, I needn't be getting myself wrapped up in more.

Edited by suedinaz

I have not posted in here in a while, but I have been keeping a log of issues with my ex husband. I moved to Oregon for a few months and he let me speak to the kids three times in the time I was gone. Our divorce decree says that each parent is to have unlimited access to communication with the kids. Two months ago, I wrote him a letter stating that I would get the kids on September 27th and keep them through October 7th because the boys have a break in school. Last night, I went to get the boys and he was no where to be found. I called the police and they are filing a custodial interference charge against my ex-husband. My ex said he would rather face a misdemeanor cusotodial interference charge than release the kids to me on his day, even though I had made him aware of my plans to get the kids in the months prior. I am back in Idaho now and I have a full time job again. I am going after full custody of the boys. I hate that the kids are caught in the middle of all this. My ex said that the boys wanted nothing to do with me, but that isn't true. I stopped in to see the kids at school when I got back in town. My oldest said he did not want to let me go and you could tell he was happy to see me. My youngest was happy to see me as well, but not as excited as his brother. Anyway, that is what is new in my world for anyone who might be interested. Also, I forgot that my attorney is filing contempt charges against my ex for going against the divorce decree and various other reasons. I have an appointment coming up with my attorney and we will be discussing that next week

Did you ask him if that time was ok or did you just demand that you would see them then? I really don't think the issue is the ex husband so much.

Surely there is more that has happened in the past few months. Fill us in on EVERYTHING!!!!

WTF Tigz... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't know....... I thought maybe she needed her own theme song. :blush2:

Surely there is more that has happened in the past few months. Fill us in on EVERYTHING!!!!

Son, if you weren't a board owner....I'd have to spank you.

:lol: I think he meant it sarcastically.. at least I hope.

Did you ask him if that time was ok or did you just demand that you would see them then? I really don't think the issue is the ex husband so much.

Sometimes I love you very very much. :lol:

Sometimes I love you very very much. :lol:

Only sometimes?

Promises, promises.

Promises, promises.

:rofl:

Nothing has really happened in the last few months, because I haven't been able to see my kids nor talk to them with the exception of three 15 minute phone calls. My ex-husband hung up the phone after 15 minutes of conversation. I moved to a small town in Oregon for a few months My oldest son told me today that his Dad is planning to move to North Carolina once school gets out for summer session and my ex's wife graduates. That is on the other side of the country. The kids dont want to move, but my ex wants what is best for his wife and she liked it there. My ex husband did not want to give me the kids on Friday night because he doesn't like where I am living. Granted, I will admit the place is not as fancy as his place, but there is nothing wrong with it. It is small, but clean and kept up. Even the police officer said that when he told my ex husband that he could not keep the kids away from me. I am just trying to keep my expenses down for the time being while I pay off debt and other things. I guess I will call tomorrow and talk to my attorney about filing for full custody of the kids. We have joint legal and physical custody, but my opinion of what should happen to the kids doesn't mean a thing to my ex-husband. Sorry but it pisses me off.

Promises, promises.

:lol:

Violet, you keep saying you will talk to your lawyer about getting custody of the children, yet you never do.

You moved away from your children for....whatever reason. Yet you are getting all pissy when he says he is moving away. Did you think he would stay like a stone that the universe revolves around and always be there? That you could go here, there, and yonder and always come back and everything be where it was?

Perhaps they want to move to get a new start.

There is an old biblical story about King Solomon. Two women had babies. One baby died during the night. The mother of the dead baby placed the dead baby with the other mother and took the live child as her own. Of course there was much bickering and nashing of teeth. They were brought before King Solomon. Each woman swore that the live child was hers.

Well, old wise King Solomon decided, as a way to make everyone happy, he would take the baby and have it split down the middle and give each woman a half.

Well the woman whose baby had died was ok with this arrangement. Of course the mother of the child was hysterical. She begged no to let the other woman have the child, so that the child's life would be spared.

By this, the king knew who the real mother of the child was. For a true mother would love her own child so much that she would give him up before seeing harm come to him.

I'm not trying to advocate any particular religion, but rather the moral to the story.

Are you doing what is best for you? Or are you doing what is best for your children?

Nothing has really happened in the last few months, because I haven't been able to see my kids nor talk to them with the exception of three 15 minute phone calls. My ex-husband hung up the phone after 15 minutes of conversation. I moved to a small town in Oregon for a few months My oldest son told me today that his Dad is planning to move to North Carolina once school gets out for summer session and my ex's wife graduates. That is on the other side of the country. The kids dont want to move, but my ex wants what is best for his wife and she liked it there. My ex husband did not want to give me the kids on Friday night because he doesn't like where I am living. Granted, I will admit the place is not as fancy as his place, but there is nothing wrong with it. It is small, but clean and kept up. Even the police officer said that when he told my ex husband that he could not keep the kids away from me. I am just trying to keep my expenses down for the time being while I pay off debt and other things. I guess I will call tomorrow and talk to my attorney about filing for full custody of the kids. We have joint legal and physical custody, but my opinion of what should happen to the kids doesn't mean a thing to my ex-husband. Sorry but it pisses me off.

I'm going to give you some advice and if you don't use it, then you'll only have you to blame. When there is joint physical custody, neither parent can move out of state with the kids without the courts authorization. If it were me, I'd be on the phone to my attorney yesterday putting a stop to it or getting full legal custody. Laws are there to protect both sides yet you never seem to follow thru with anything you say you are doing. Grow a pair and do something about it. If you don't, it's all on you.

I'm going to give you some advice and if you don't use it, then you'll only have you to blame. When there is joint physical custody, neither parent can move out of state with the kids without the courts authorization. If it were me, I'd be on the phone to my attorney yesterday putting a stop to it or getting full legal custody. Laws are there to protect both sides yet you never seem to follow thru with anything you say you are doing. Grow a pair and do something about it. If you don't, it's all on you.

May I remind you Lkh that she was the one that moved out of state w/o notifying the courts yet she's bitching about him moving to another state.. shakes her head.

May I remind you Lkh that she was the one that moved out of state w/o notifying the courts yet she's bitching about him moving to another state.. shakes her head.

Did you read what I wrote? Neither party can move out of state WITH THE KID. She can move where ever she wants, by herself.

Did you read what I wrote? Neither party can move out of state WITH THE KID. She can move where ever she wants, by herself.

How can she both 'share physical custody' and move out of state without the kid? Does she return regularly to spend time with the child?

How can she both 'share physical custody' and move out of state without the kid? Does she return regularly to spend time with the child?

Obviously, visitation would need to be arranged and yes, she would likely need to come back as I doubt the court would allow her to take the kids out of state.

Seabee, it is a moot point now, but the plan I proposed to the mediator was that I would have the kids every other weekend, major breaks from school and for the majority of the summer. I had arrangements drawn up and ready to go over, but he failed to pay the mediator when he was supposed to so we never made it to mediation. Also, I moved 2 1/2 to 3 hours away not to the other side of the country.

The last post in this topic was posted 2956 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.