Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Media

CapOne Executive Office Success

Shocked, but its true... got a CLI out of CapOne!

Sent an email to the CEO of CapOne using an address I found in someone else's posting here on CB. I complained that my business card had a $2k limit and that twice I'd tried for a CLI and was denied. I've actually used this card to segregate some business expenses, and its been utilized heavily, with multiple payments each month. Original CL was $2k. After the last CLI denial, they told me to wait a few months and try again. But the denial letters kept saying "Customer initiated CLIs are not available at this time" leading me to believe another attempt was futile. I laid out how the card would be used more, and how we've held back because of the low limit. I also went on about how the utilization reporting was probably hurting my FICO at times because I'd occasionally been reported at more than 35% util. depending on when a payment or charge hit.

I haven't seen an email from them yet, but I just logged into the account and see they bumped me from $2k to $4k -- which I consider a HUGE victory in the world of CapOne. My gardening efforts have worked out quite well.

Now if only I can get them to convert my POS CreditSteps $750 card to a $5000 Venture card... we'd be onto something!

Sent an email to the CEO of CapOne using an address I found in someone else's posting here on CB. I complained that my business card had a $2k limit and that twice I'd tried for a CLI and was denied. I've actually used this card to segregate some business expenses, and its been utilized heavily, with multiple payments each month. Original CL was $2k. After the last CLI denial, they told me to wait a few months and try again. But the denial letters kept saying "Customer initiated CLIs are not available at this time" leading me to believe another attempt was futile. I laid out how the card would be used more, and how we've held back because of the low limit. I also went on about how the utilization reporting was probably hurting my FICO at times because I'd occasionally been reported at more than 35% util. depending on when a payment or charge hit.

I haven't seen an email from them yet, but I just logged into the account and see they bumped me from $2k to $4k -- which I consider a HUGE victory in the world of CapOne. My gardening efforts have worked out quite well.

Now if only I can get them to convert my POS CreditSteps $750 card to a $5000 Venture card... we'd be onto something!

Can you please PM me that address?

Can you please PM me that address?

likewise?

:lol::rofl:

PMs sent to all who asked... best of luck. I didn't expect it to work out, and it did... so there's some hope out there!

Thanks I wrote to him about why I closed my cards. Not that it will help me but it may help others in the future.

I had success as well!

I had a card with a 4K limit that I was paying off at 19.8 and they hit me with an annual fee again. Wouldn't waive the fee so I canceled it. Then I wrote the followng email to them.

Subject ----It's not you it's me.

Body--

\Mr. Fairbank, I've been a customer of Capital One's credit card division for a few years. I appreciate the chance you took on me when you extended credit to me with my poor history. Over the past few years I opened three cards with your bank. One I closed because the rewards were not worth it for me. The second and third cards I closed were over the annual fees. Other than the SouthWest Airlines card and my American Express Zync card I do not have any credit cards with an annual fee. Although $29.00 is not a large sum of money to me, it's the principal. I feel Capital One earns a nice amount through the percentage you get from my purchases and the interest I pay.

I would appreciate it if you would re-consider the decision to not waive my annual fee and keep my card ending in 7554.

On Friday I got a call from the executive offices and the person said she had to review some info and will call me back. Today she told me she could stop the account closure, waive the annual fee and lower my apr to 16.9!

I am shocked!

I had success as well!

I had a card with a 4K limit that I was paying off at 19.8 and they hit me with an annual fee again. Wouldn't waive the fee so I canceled it. Then I wrote the followng email to them.

Subject ----It's not you it's me.

Body--

\Mr. Fairbank, I've been a customer of Capital One's credit card division for a few years. I appreciate the chance you took on me when you extended credit to me with my poor history. Over the past few years I opened three cards with your bank. One I closed because the rewards were not worth it for me. The second and third cards I closed were over the annual fees. Other than the SouthWest Airlines card and my American Express Zync card I do not have any credit cards with an annual fee. Although $29.00 is not a large sum of money to me, it's the principal. I feel Capital One earns a nice amount through the percentage you get from my purchases and the interest I pay.

I would appreciate it if you would re-consider the decision to not waive my annual fee and keep my card ending in 7554.

On Friday I got a call from the executive offices and the person said she had to review some info and will call me back. Today she told me she could stop the account closure, waive the annual fee and lower my apr to 16.9!

I am shocked!

On Friday I called and requested an increase on a rewards card I've had since 3/2012. Today I checked my account and went from $750 to $1200. Very happy with my increase since I was not expecting it.

The email address for Executive Customer Service from Capital One isn't a state secret:

richard.fairbank@capitalone.com

And I can also attest that they appear to be very attentive to messages sent to that address. I received a callback 2 days after sending my concerns. The person returning the call was anxious to help. I'll report back with details once any results have been confirmed.

I'll note that the person I spoke to said that requests for CLI's are being uniformly rejected by CSR's as "unavailable", with the background explanation that their evaluation procedures are being revamped. However, she told me that she could manually refer my account for review, and that only a soft pull would be involved.

She also indicated that they had very limited latitude to reduce APR's on the account, short of a hard pull, but would make the request.

Checking just a few hours after my conversation with C1 Exec Customer Svc, I found my CL had been increased from $6800 to $12500 (as I had requested). No indication of a hard pull (as promised).

Waiting to hear if 1% rewards + 50% bonus at year-end was added as a benefit to my card.

No change in rate indicated online. (Currently at 16.9%, after being increased from 7.9%F late last year)

I too had good results with this tip as well. Thanks OP

Very cool. For a company that's been so etched in stone with all their lame programs and stupid rules, they seem to have softened up some lately. There's been quite a few success stories in various threads with contacting this department. I'm going to wait a few weeks and then email again about my stuck CreditSteps card. I want to close it so badly because its my lowest limit non-store card and is surely pulling my averages down, but its also one of the cards I got first and the long age is probably worth more than the gain in average CLs. Still bugs the crap outta me though.

Congrats though...

I emailed yesterday morning and got a call in the afternoon from someone representing the executive office. She took down some information and sent it in for manual review. I got her personal info as well but she stated she'd call me back when she had an update from the underwriter. I told her the minimum credit limit I'd accept is 1000 but ideally it'd be closer to 5000. I can live with that and it would make my utilization look a lot nicer and maybe bump my scores a tad. She did confirm it was a soft pull only, not hard which I specified in my email.

I will say it's much faster and better customer service than their front end CSRs. Every time I asked for a CLI they didn't even look at any of my information, they just said "This account isn't eligible for a CLI". I don't even think they had updated income information from when I opened the card as a broke college student 8, almost 9 years ago.

ETA: Just got a call back and they increased me to my "minimum acceptable" amount of 1000. That's fine with me as anything is better than that measly 200. But, if you're looking for a bigger increase, you may be a little more aggressive with your minimum if they ask.

Edited by AroundAbout

I just sent my e-mail; I'm going with the normal letter but I added tons of grateful active duty member blah blah blah. My interest rate is already a nice 4% I just want a CLI. I think I'm being greedy so if I get denied I understand! :angel:

I contacted them last week via email about my two credit steps Cap1 cards and two other accounts they bought from HSBC. I received calls from someone who handles the Cap1 side and someone who handles the HSBC side and they're both being reviewed right now. We'll see how it turns out. Oddly enough, I was asked if the letter I wrote was a form letter I found online....did they expect it to be full of grammar and spelling errors or something? Odd, but it indeed was a letter I penned myself. I will say that the person I spoke to from the HSBC side seemed much nicer than the one from the Cap1 side, who didn't really seem that interested in helping me out. Anyways, we'll see what happens, worst case is I'll close at least one of the Cap1 and both the HSBC cards. All of them have annual fees, and I ain't down with that. ;)

I contacted them last week via email about my two credit steps Cap1 cards and two other accounts they bought from HSBC. I received calls from someone who handles the Cap1 side and someone who handles the HSBC side and they're both being reviewed right now. We'll see how it turns out. Oddly enough, I was asked if the letter I wrote was a form letter I found online....did they expect it to be full of grammar and spelling errors or something? Odd, but it indeed was a letter I penned myself. I will say that the person I spoke to from the HSBC side seemed much nicer than the one from the Cap1 side, who didn't really seem that interested in helping me out. Anyways, we'll see what happens, worst case is I'll close at least one of the Cap1 and both the HSBC cards. All of them have annual fees, and I ain't down with that. ;)

Did you email the Cap one executive offices for the HSBC card as well or was it a different email you used? Good luck and keep us updated.

Did you email the Cap one executive offices for the HSBC card as well or was it a different email you used? Good luck and keep us updated.

I emailed the executive offices at Cap1 for both the HSBC and Cap1 cards, but was contacted by two different people from the executive offices, one that handles the HSBC cards and one that handles the Cap1 cards.

I got a call today; they increased my CL from 1200 to 2400 which was the min I requested. This will help with my utlization and effectively raise my score! YaY Me! :yahoo:

I have had my classic platinum account for 10 years and was finally sick of the same BS story. Emailed them on Friday last week, spoke with someone late Friday afternoon. Requested a boost from 2300 to 5000 with a min of 3500. Recv'd a follow up call from the Exec Office a few minutes ago.. Received what I requested- the bump to $5000.

Had to answer some specific questions, income, housing info, reason for increase, min and ideal CL. Indeed was a soft pull as they told me it would be.

Must say the Exec office is very professional.

Guess I'll hold onto the card a while longer now..

I have had my classic platinum account for 10 years and was finally sick of the same BS story. Emailed them on Friday last week, spoke with someone late Friday afternoon. Requested a boost from 2300 to 5000 with a min of 3500. Recv'd a follow up call from the Exec Office a few minutes ago.. Received what I requested- the bump to $5000.

Had to answer some specific questions, income, housing info, reason for increase, min and ideal CL. Indeed was a soft pull as they told me it would be.

Must say the Exec office is very professional.

Guess I'll hold onto the card a while longer now..

I too finally got an increase from capital one with two of my cards. Got increase on both cards $2500 total increase on both cards $5000 thank you capital one executive office. For others out there if your looking to get an increase I would either email the exec office or call the exec number.