Payment to 7 year collection

debtstopay

The last post in this topic was posted 3621 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I sent a payment to the CA this week. Not knowing that they would be able to report the information on my credit report now. I have a background check coming up in a week or so. Don't know what to do. The balance that the collection office is reporting is not correct. I need it to not be reported on my credit report. Should I send a validation letter to them today? Also, i have been requesting them to remove about every 6 months or so. I need this to permantly go away. I really want to take them to court to get it resolved. The account is as old as 2000/2002. The original credit treated me very bad too. I tried to settle with them for months and years before they closed the account. I didn't keep any old records from the account. Then about 2/3 years ago, the CA has been putting in on and off my report.

If I write my attorneys general office would they support my story? Since, i made a token $10 payment.

I am prepared to settle the balance from the orginal creditor amount. However the CA has more than trippled the balance and I can't afford to pay it now.

My background check will not go through if I had an unpaid collection, such as this on my report.

What can I do very fast?

Op thinks that making a payment reset the reporting SOL. It is not on his reports per his other thread on this topic.

OP I'm confused about your payment - why did you think this would show up in your screening if it is not on your credit reports. What prompted you to send them a payment?

Obviously pay them if you wish - i'm not questioning that. But it seems from context that you may be operating under quite a few false assumptions and those are what I'm trying to get at.

• Admin

Op thinks that making a payment reset the reporting SOL. It is not on his reports per his other thread on this topic.

OP I'm confused about your payment - why did you think this would show up in your screening if it is not on your credit reports. What prompted you to send them a payment?

Obviously pay them if you wish - i'm not questioning that. But it seems from context that you may be operating under quite a few false assumptions and those are what I'm trying to get at.

But he also says he has been requesting they remove it every 6 months. OP, I think you need to really post again here what the issue is and be very clear about what you are asking.

The last post in this topic was posted 3621 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.