Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Does Chase hate everyone or just me?

The last post in this topic was posted 3079 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have 2 cards with Chase- one an Amazon Visa(opened 2006) and one plain card (opened 2001) that was originally Providian, then WaMu. The plain card had around an $8000 limit with WaMu, then Chase dropped it to $400. The Amazon visa had an original limit of $400.

I called last year about a CLI on the plain card- they only gave me an additional $300.

I called a few weeks ago about CLI on Amazon Visa and they gave me an additional $500.

My scores are mid-upper 700s on all 3. No public records, no collections. One 30 day late from 2006 on a revolving acct. A couple 30 and 60 day lates from mortgage acct in 2007, now paid off and closed. Neither negative account was related to Chase.

These two accounts are my lowest limits. I have $20,000 with US Bank, $10,000 with Discover, $8,500 with Citi, and $8,500 with BofA.

The plain Chase card is my oldest card by a couple years, so I really want to keep it open as long as possible. Are they this stingy with credit lines with everyone or do they just dislike me?

I have 2 cards with Chase- one an Amazon Visa(opened 2006) and one plain card (opened 2001) that was originally Providian, then WaMu. The plain card had around an $8000 limit with WaMu, then Chase dropped it to $400. The Amazon visa had an original limit of $400.

I called last year about a CLI on the plain card- they only gave me an additional $300.

I called a few weeks ago about CLI on Amazon Visa and they gave me an additional $500.

My scores are mid-upper 700s on all 3. No public records, no collections. One 30 day late from 2006 on a revolving acct. A couple 30 and 60 day lates from mortgage acct in 2007, now paid off and closed. Neither negative account was related to Chase.

These two accounts are my lowest limits. I have $20,000 with US Bank, $10,000 with Discover, $8,500 with Citi, and $8,500 with BofA.

The plain Chase card is my oldest card by a couple years, so I really want to keep it open as long as possible. Are they this stingy with credit lines with everyone or do they just dislike me?

I have had really good experiences with Chase and not so good with Citi. That said...I have had a Chase bank account for 12+ years and a mortgage with them for 11+ and a Investment account for about 9 months (also have a JP Morgan mutual funds account that is seperate from the investment account). I think (just my opinion) that the banks are becoming very focused on relationships when it comes to lending...having a prior good relationship seems to be a huge plus.

I've been treated pretty well recently with Chase so far. I had received a CLD before on one of my credit cards but they approved my CLI on Sapphire Preferred from 19k to 40k a month ago.

I have two Chase cards: An Amazon and a Providian / Wamu. The CL on the Wamu was $14,000, then Chase chopped it down to $1K a few years ago. I remember later on, those of us who had complained to Chase were given a follow-up phone call and had our CL restored. From what people were reporting on here (there is a thread about it) I think you got your CL restored only if you had called to complain.

The last post in this topic was posted 3079 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.