Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

For FICO - Better to have 1 20K card or 2 10K cards?

The last post in this topic was posted 3082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just curious...is it better, in general, to have 1 card with a 20K limit or 2 cards with 10K each? Trying to maximize FICO score. I currently have CSP with a 10K limit, a Palladium with a 20K limit (non reporting), a AMEX Plat, and a Citi Plat with 2K limit. Am also an AU on spouses AMEX Plat Delta with 25K limit. I am debating whether to up the limit on the CSP to 20K (they tell me it should not be an issue) or to open a new Chase card (thinking Fairmont or Ritz). Any opinions? BTW, I really like the CSP and use it daily...

Where's Bob with his graphs? :search:

Since they are existing accounts, I don't think it matters unless you are carrying a balance on one or both.

If you are trying to bump score I don't think a new account and inquiry are in your best interest, at least in the short term.

Just curious...is it better, in general, to have 1 card with a 20K limit or 2 cards with 10K each? Trying to maximize FICO score. I currently have CSP with a 10K limit, a Palladium with a 20K limit (non reporting), a AMEX Plat, and a Citi Plat with 2K limit. Am also an AU on spouses AMEX Plat Delta with 25K limit. I am debating whether to up the limit on the CSP to 20K (they tell me it should not be an issue) or to open a new Chase card (thinking Fairmont or Ritz). Any opinions? BTW, I really like the CSP and use it daily...

Two is better than one and CLs, outside of utils, don't impact FICO.

In what circumstances do you prefer to use the CSP over the Pd and the reverse? Did they give you United Club lounge access with the Pd card? I'm kicking around getting it though right now I have the Chase Freedom but no other Chase cards.

1345252036[/url]' post='4734640']
1345236186[/url]' post='4734518']

In what circumstances do you prefer to use the CSP over the Pd and the reverse? Did they give you United Club lounge access with the Pd card? I'm kicking around getting it though right now I have the Chase Freedom but no other Chase cards.

I have been using the CSP for normal everyday purchases (lunches, dinners, Starbucks...) and the Palladium for bigger purchases (bought some furniture for a home we are building, paid for a vacation, children's portraits with photographer...). The Pd is a great card but does draw some strange comments at times (Barnes and Noble cashier asked me what the limit was on it and if it has the purchasing power to buy a boat or a sportscar....with a ton of people in line around me...in some places it is better to not draw that kind of attention). That said it is nice to flash it at high end places and the concierge service is great...I know some will debate this but my experience has been far better with Pd concierge than with CSP and Amex Plat. They gave me the United Club as soon as I requested it and offered to reimburse me for any visits prior to my membership being activated. Remember that the Pd does not report...which is why I am exploring another card or a CLI on my CSP...

1345252036[/url]' post='4734640']
1345236186[/url]' post='4734518']

I have been using the CSP for normal everyday purchases (lunches, dinners, Starbucks...) and the Palladium for bigger purchases (bought some furniture for a home we are building, paid for a vacation, children's portraits with photographer...). The Pd is a great card but does draw some strange comments at times (Barnes and Noble cashier asked me what the limit was on it and if it has the purchasing power to buy a boat or a sportscar....with a ton of people in line around me...in some places it is better to not draw that kind of attention). That said it is nice to flash it at high end places and the concierge service is great...I know some will debate this but my experience has been far better with Pd concierge than with CSP and Amex Plat. They gave me the United Club as soon as I requested it and offered to reimburse me for any visits prior to my membership being activated. Remember that the Pd does not report...which is why I am exploring another card or a CLI on my CSP...

Interesting. I hadn't thought about the hassle/delay factor. I suspect the initial Pd ego boost wears thin after a while. Do they offer a plastic version as well?

My other wish is being able to manage authorized users. The plat makes it very easy. They issue a distinct number and let you set alerts and monthly CLs for each AU. When you get the bill everything is broken out. Very handy. I will probably add the PD but until JPM has that capability I'm keeping the Plat.

The last post in this topic was posted 3082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.