Sign in to follow this  
BobWang

The Master American Express AmEx Pre-Approvals Special Offers Thread

I'm so jealous of you Bobwang. Nobody ever sends me pre-approvals except for Citibank. :/

Edited by Violentb01

I've gotten physical offers in the last month for Plum, Platinum (50k) and PRG (50k) (all business). When I log in I don't see any pre-approvals but I also don't have any business accounts with amex yet.

When I click on your link (even without signing in) my current cards load: HHonors, BCP, PRG, Delta Gold. My pre-approvals are for HHonors Surpass, and the Platinum AMEX.

In looking at the Surpass upgrade, I didn't realize that you get 50k HHonors points (for spending 3k in 90 days). Hmmm...but probably not worth $75 AF.

Would you be so kind as to post a screenshot so people can see what Cardmembers get? :)

If I can figure out how to post a pic from my IPad, i will.

When I click on your link (even without signing in) my current cards load: HHonors, BCP, PRG, Delta Gold. My pre-approvals are for HHonors Surpass, and the Platinum AMEX.

In looking at the Surpass upgrade, I didn't realize that you get 50k HHonors points (for spending 3k in 90 days). Hmmm...but probably not worth $75 AF.

Would you be so kind as to post a screenshot so people can see what Cardmembers get? :)

If I can figure out how to post a pic from my IPad, i will.

Press the two physical buttons (home and power button) simultaneously to take a screenshot.

amex2-1.png

OK, I figured it out. Thanks Bob! This is the page that comes up for me when I click on your original link. The next image is what shows up when I click the "Pre-Approved for You" Tab on the upper right portion of the pic.

Edited by Alexa530

Why Oh Why is Amex teasing me? Ive been getting Pre screened offers in the mail for Amex Business Platinum. But I dont have a business. I dont have a personal card with them. My credit isnt quite ready for prime time. One four year old Charge off and collection.

Why Oh Why tease me like that.

We're sorry you received a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card upgrade email in error.

Hello Mr. Wang,

Monday, June 17th, we mistakenly sent you an email with an offer to upgrade to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. We appreciate your loyalty and business as a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember, however only Cardmembers who have had their Card for more than one year are eligible to upgrade. Since you are still in your first year of Cardmembership, you are not eligible to upgrade at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and hope that you will continue enjoying the benefits of being a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember.

Why Oh Why is Amex teasing me? Ive been getting Pre screened offers in the mail for Amex Business Platinum. But I dont have a business. I dont have a personal card with them. My credit isnt quite ready for prime time. One four year old Charge off and collection.

Why Oh Why tease me like that.

...thats messed up lol

We're sorry you received a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card upgrade email in error.

Hello Mr. Wang,

Monday, June 17th, we mistakenly sent you an email with an offer to upgrade to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. We appreciate your loyalty and business as a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember, however only Cardmembers who have had their Card for more than one year are eligible to upgrade. Since you are still in your first year of Cardmembership, you are not eligible to upgrade at this time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and hope that you will continue enjoying the benefits of being a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember.

Lol thats hilarious

But wait...didnt amex FR you and close your cards cuz of the whole AU thing?

Is there actually a way to see if you're pre-approved without already being a member? All I get is the respond to mail offer screen.

There used to be a way to check,

but it hasn't been working for quite some time now.

There used to be a way to check,

but it hasn't been working for quite some time now.

Weak sauce! I keep getting offers from them for Blue Sky and BCE but I'm not apping unless I know it's actually good to go!

Oh, I've got the Gold Delta AmEx,

along with some AUs. :D

Cool. I think I might squeeze the trigger on the BCE soon :P Im anxious to get the benefits of increase AAOA. Or at least get the clock ticking finally

Does Amex usually pull all 3 like Cap1? I want to try for the Zync later this month once my utilization drop shows on my reports, but I don't want to burn an inq on all 3(especially EX).

AmEx almost always pulls Experian only.

Rarely they'll pull other CRAs.

They MIGHT pull more CRAs than just Experian for weak scores.

BobWang:

Does this imply that if I have EX frozen that I am unlikely to get approved for an Amex?

Thank you

Does Amex usually pull all 3 like Cap1? I want to try for the Zync later this month once my utilization drop shows on my reports, but I don't want to burn an inq on all 3(especially EX).

AmEx almost always pulls Experian only.

Rarely they'll pull other CRAs.

They MIGHT pull more CRAs than just Experian for weak scores.

BobWang:

Does this imply that if I have EX frozen that I am unlikely to get approved for an Amex?

Thank you

You would need to unfreeze or provide PIN.

These guys never have a pre-approval for me. What the hell Amex, you're my main card.

Me too. 780 FICO. 25k BCE. Snail mail offers regularly.

But nothing online. Ever. Always just tells me to login.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk