Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

verified with my Equifax and Transunion report...all previous address have been deleted and only my current address shows. I've disputed today (12/18) online my BK...we'll see how that goes.

As for EX, I am having a hard time. They wont delete my previous addresses as they said its link to a public record or something like that. Any suggestions on how to proceed with EX? Thanks!

Yelp just updated my CR for EQ and my BK is gone, HAPPY DAYS! :yahoo:

awesome!!!

Thank you!! Today I was approved for a NFCU Flagship Sig, Penfed Platinum Visa, and Penfed Amex!!

verified with my Equifax and Transunion report...all previous address have been deleted and only my current address shows. I've disputed today (12/18) online my BK...we'll see how that goes.

As for EX, I am having a hard time. They wont delete my previous addresses as they said its link to a public record or something like that. Any suggestions on how to proceed with EX? Thanks

Ii was able to get them deleted on the first try via phone. what you do is hang up and call back you will get someone that will do it on the spot. I read about this back in the earlier threads on Experian which is a different forum on how to tackle it.

EQ will turn around in about 10 days the results of either deleting or it staying. Mine was only 2 years old and it was zapped.

EX is a hard cookie to crack...

what gets me is they wont re-investigate. im fixing to pull the CFPB card on them. I am disputing my BK right now so I will know what I am up against soon. It will probably take two clean credit reports to prove it sent via certified mail and an affidavit.

Sorry to be kind of off topic, but for those who had the BK removed from EQ where did you apply for the AMEX cards and did they pull from EQ and what was your score range.

Sorry to be kind of off topic, but for those who had the BK removed from EQ where did you apply for the AMEX cards and did they pull from EQ and what was your score range.

Im a member with Penfed. They pulled Equifax for both Amex cards I have..my score after the BK was removed jumped from 680 to 750.

Guestion for the group....I'm wondering if these same steps work with a paid tax lien???? What you guys think?

Hi gapeach. Is it a federal or state tax lien? If it's federal, the IRS may remove it from the public record completely under the Fresh Start initiative. You just have to file a form 12277 and then wait between 30 to 60 days to hear from them. I don't know if the individual states have a similar program (I doubt it) so you'd be better off exploring other methods for that. Good luck!

Seetheworld1,

Thanks for the response mine is the State lien and they don't have a program like the federal. I wish they did. Transunion deleted the lien but Equifax and Experian didn't budge.

Matt459,

This thread and others are priceless. I've been able to go from D credit to B and get credit cards and loans that I thought was impossible. Thank you all for taking the time out to share your knowledge!

As for EX, I am having a hard time. They wont delete my previous addresses as they said its link to a public record or something like that. Any suggestions on how to proceed with EX? Thanks

Ii was able to get them deleted on the first try via phone. what you do is hang up and call back you will get someone that will do it on the spot. I read about this back in the earlier threads on Experian which is a different forum on how to tackle it.

EQ will turn around in about 10 days the results of either deleting or it staying. Mine was only 2 years old and it was zapped.

Update on Equifax dispute initiated on 12/18 regarding BK. I did the dispute and got the email last night around 10 pm. I couldn't go to sleep until I logged in so I logged in and it said they deleted my BK. woo hoo! Now I have to tackle the IIB. Which I hope I can do online as well. So far I've heard nothing from TU and EX.

Im a member with Penfed. They pulled Equifax for both Amex cards I have..my score after the BK was removed jumped from 680 to 750.

Was only your BK removed or your IIB removed also before you applied for the AMEX cards?

Was only your BK removed or your IIB removed also before you applied for the AMEX cards?

Just the BK

Just the BK

how long after the BK was removed that you got approved? TIA

Just the BK

how long after the BK was removed that you got approved? TIA

A few days later..

Interesting story. I know a bit about how Bankruptcy Court works. Every day credit bureau clerks show up and check out every file published since their last visit and scan every page through a portable scanner with every document OCR'd. It doesn't matter that only the last 4 digits are included for recent filings (in the old days they had all 9 digits). Nor does it matter that some debtors file using a TIN rather than SSN. There will be enough data to match an existing credit file.

The cleverer filers do this: they pay off all their credit cards more than 90 days before filing and thereafter only use debit cards. Of course that won't work if credit cards are the problem, but will if medical bills or divorce is the issue. I am aware of a case I worked with where Amex and AT&T/Citibank Universal Card survived the bankruptcy.

You really have to target the creditors you want to avoid paying, and take account of fraudulent conveyance and preference law. The most important thing is pre-bankruptcy planning beginning, if possible, a year or 6 months prior.

Anyway, I think the OP was lucky, and the facts may yet overtake him. But I wish him well.

I think he was meaning to say keep looking over your shoulder because it might catch up to you. Also, as we always insist on repeating, the bk isn't gone, it's just not on the reports. If one is ever asked point blank if they have ever filed bk, the answer should be "yes" - that record is there for all time.

another thing I meant to post earlier - the CRA's no longer use their own personnel or even contracted personnel to collect public records. A third party does it.