HOW I GOT MY BANKRUPTCY DELETED

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HeyGuys/Gals,   Because somany people have requested information on how to remove their bankruptcy Idecided to start a thread so it was easy and accessible.     MySituation:   I filedChapt

You guys that have IIB accts listed and are disputing the bk public record, are still going to have future problems upon manual review. They may not see the bk if it was removed, but if you had charge

Bad things happen to good people. Bankruptcy is just a part of doing business. It is not personal. Contracts are broken everyday for a variety of reasons. That's what bankruptcy is for, to help people

Well I think you already know what happened to mine but for posterity, mine were not deleted or closed... they all became open positive accounts. No derogatories and they were not late or anything before filing. Some have limits reporting and others just say N/A. No payment history exists for them since my BK in 2009. Have not had them questioned at all by any manual underwriting.

Yeah, kinda sucks because mine were all paid up to the time I got an attorney, but because I cashed out some retirement assets to stay afloat (dumb move #234) I had to wait 6 months before I could file, and I didn't pay anything except the mortgages and essentials in those months.

• 1 month later...

For those that tried and failed with TU and/or EX - were you opted out of LN and were old addresses removed prior?

I did a blanket dispute on all negatives for TU and they all came back verified EXCEPT for the BK. I don't know why and I'm not complaining. I was able to get the BK removed from EQ with information from this very thread.

I have failed with EX and am in the process of trying to remove addresses with information from the thread below...

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=515623&hl=%2Baddresses+%2Bdeleted+%2Bexperian

I don't qualify for any of the methods for opting out of LN so this one will be tough to remove.

For those that tried and failed with TU and/or EX - were you opted out of LN and were old addresses removed prior?

I did a blanket dispute on all negatives for TU and they all came back verified EXCEPT for the BK. I don't know why and I'm not complaining. I was able to get the BK removed from EQ with information from this very thread.

I have failed with EX and am in the process of trying to remove addresses with information from the thread below...

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=515623&hl=%2Baddresses+%2Bdeleted+%2Bexperian

I don't qualify for any of the methods for opting out of LN so this one will be tough to remove.

Thanks for the info. LN isn't as hard a nut to crack as you might think.

I'm having the same issue with EX and old addresses though... they have been a PITA in every step of my cleanup efforts for the past few years. The only thing they have been particularly helpful with was updating a few IIB accounts that were reaged by creditors.

I'm having the same issue with EX and old addresses though... they have been a PITA in every step of my cleanup efforts for the past few years. The only thing they have been particularly helpful with was updating a few IIB accounts that were reaged by creditors.

How would you proceed with LN if you don't meet any of the criteria for opting out? I've read a few threads on CB about it, but it doesn't seem possible.

EQ falls like a house of cards. The week or so it took and the mixed notifications from EQC were nerve-wracking, but in the end it was removed. For me, the IIB notations remained - and yes I'm aware of the risks with this and knew it going in. I will always disclose the BK when asked anyway.

TU seems to be a bit more difficult and they seem to have verified somehow. I'm opted out of LN and removed old addresses. They still verified the BK and I have a feeling they actually did as they updated the attorney's name to the correct person. I will send a request to confirm how this was verified.

I've not tried EX yet and they seem to be the toughest. They still refuse to remove an old address so I won't even consider it until I get over that hurdle. Since my effort with TU didn't work though, I'll probably lay low for a little while anyway unless Ugghh has better results.

edit:typo

Edited by road2freedom

How would you proceed with LN if you don't meet any of the criteria for opting out? I've read a few threads on CB about it, but it doesn't seem possible.

I know we discussed this separately but for anyone else following along, this thread has some valuable information. http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490471

Just wanted to post my results so far as started this process after my home purchase.

I had my old BK addresses removed from both TU and EQ

I online disputed with EQ similar name

BK public record removed

IIB's remained

EQ scored went up 35 points

I cmrr mailed a letter to EQ stating something along the lines of how can I have IIB's with no public record, please delete.

This did not work out too well as now out of the 3 IIB's 2 of the are showing as CO and the other one is still showing as IIB.

I am ok with all of this as it is a work in progress and I have no real need for credit at this time. I did want to give anyone else who is thinking about following this process another aspect of what can happen and possible consequences.

I am not trying to deter anyone but just want to make sure that you see both sides.

I think my next steps are to go after the OC stating the only thing they are allow to report is that it was IIB with a 0 balance. I will probably use my sisters address so that they will not have my new address and they will not be able to show EQ my letter with the new address lol. I think worse case scenario is my BK gets put back on the report which I am ok with, after all I did file for it.

If anyone has any suggestions I am open for it!

Guest mpsmith

I have always thought that new laws required that these remained on your record. It is good to see that there are ways to move forward and rebuild credit. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for sharing Ugghh. As we discussed I had nearly the same experience with EQ.

TU verified and I'm trying to see how/where they verified. I know they got info from somewhere because they changed the attorney's name to a different person at the law firm (still the wrong person). I'm opted out of LN and removed old addresses long before attempting the PR. I sent a letter requesting additional information.

EX has been a bit more of a challenge even on the old address removal end of things but I'm working on it. I don't have very high expectations though as they have been my nemesis from the beginning of my cleanup efforts, and the best they've been able to muster is to simply re-age incorrect items to my own detriment.

I have always thought that new laws required that these remained on your record. It is good to see that there are ways to move forward and rebuild credit. Thanks for the post.

The more you read, you will learn that the laws for reporting apply to CRAs and furnishers of information. Consumers are allowed to challenge that information and are not held to the same standards as these companies. As consumer-friendly as this seems though, you'll find that it's all too easy for CRA's and furnishers to get away with an awful lot, so I guess at some levels it balances out a bit. Just keep in mind there are often unintended consequences when you start working on repair. You have to make sure you mitigate the "worst case scenario" or accept the consequences.

When I read this thread a year ago, I disputed with EQ (online cuz I was lazy :blush: ) and it was deleted a few days later. No luck with TU. But this allowed me to target EQ pullers and get loads of new credit (went from 40K to 235K in a year, with higher limits per card)

I tried disputing as obsolete with TU 2 months ago (again online cuz I was lazy) and no go.

I called in 2 weeks ago, disputed as obsolete. A woman asked about the date of filing. I said TU should have that info and I insisted that they show me the proof of how verified that info. The lady said she'd re-investigate and send me the proof. Later in the day, I checked my credit monitoring service and the PR has been removed. It's been off for 2 weeks now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

EX is one tough b*tch to crack. It will fall off in 6 months

When I read this thread a year ago, I disputed with EQ (online cuz I was lazy :blush: ) and it was deleted a few days later. No luck with TU. But this allowed me to target EQ pullers and get loads of new credit (went from 40K to 235K in a year, with higher limits per card)

I tried disputing as obsolete with TU 2 months ago (again online cuz I was lazy) and no go.

I called in 2 weeks ago, disputed as obsolete. A woman asked about the date of filing. I said TU should have that info and I insisted that they show me the proof of how verified that info. The lady said she'd re-investigate and send me the proof. Later in the day, I checked my credit monitoring service and the PR has been removed. It's been off for 2 weeks now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

What happened to the accounts previously showing IIb on TU?

What happened to the accounts previously showing IIb on TU?

Only 1 reports as positive TL on EX. The rest disappeared ages ago -- some due to disputes, some on their own. EQ deletes all my closed accounts (even positive) after they've been closed for 5-7 years.

Just found out that my Ch. 7 BK from 09/07 was deleted off of my EQ! I disputed about a week ago online using the "BK doesn't belong to me/belongs to family member with similar name" (sister-in-law ironically has similar name to mine and she also filed around the same time) and POOF! It's gone! Score bumped up about 33 pts. Thanks guys for your help! CB is awesome! :yahoo: Currently still showing 3 IIB's but they should fall off pretty soon anyway.

Currently working on getting these med bills taken care of thanks to WhyChat. Barreling towards homeownership soon!

Edited by lakegro